Bought the PB yesterday and I set a password as suggested. When I tried to log in today it kept not accepting my password. I am down to my final try.

Please help me out. I am Willing to do a complete reset.
    Last edited by theregdunlop; 10-12-11 at 01:24 PM.
    10-12-11 12:56 PM
    - TO BE CONFIRMED - don't rush.
    Go ahead for 10 wrong passwords. But be aware that all your personal data will be lost forever.

Hope you've done a backup if you already had put some data ...
    theregdunlop likes this.
    10-12-11 01:03 PM
    A factory reset is the only thing to do. And you will have to do it if you use up your last try.
    Since you bought it yesterday you probably wont lose much data. And if you bought anything on app world, you could re-download.
    theregdunlop likes this.
    10-12-11 01:04 PM
    Thanks so much for both prompt replies. You are both right. I have exactly one PDF to lose plus the updates. Newbie learning curve.
    10-12-11 01:07 PM
    Yeah I lost my password and had to do a factory reset, only took a few minutes to restore everything like it was and I was back in business, one nice thing about appworld, it is easy to reinstall apps. Stupid part is I found where I had written down my password while it was doing the factory reset, lol.
    10-12-11 01:15 PM
    No problem. Consider the experience as getting comfortable with the playbook. It's a great device. And keep asking questions. There is a wonderful group of people (for the most part) on the forum. But that's true for the people on the planet as a whole.
    10-12-11 01:19 PM
    I had the same issue. Got to 4 bad passwords attempts and stopped. Then I held the power button, chose to restart the device, and when it came back up my password was accepted.
    10-12-11 02:49 PM
    I accidently knocked the language button on the keyboard and changed it to English US (which changes nothing noticeable on the screen), even though my password was set in English UK. The password was not accepted until I changed it back to the UK version.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-12-11 03:55 PM
    pixieloulou, this one should be in the Playbook tips and tricks sticky thread !
    10-17-11 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD