So a while back I entered a password and now, well I'm just not sure I remember it. Brandy may have been involved.
    I'm wondering what "locking up" issues I might encounter making my educated guesses. Any advice?
    04-03-13 06:07 PM
    if you have blackberry protect on.. you can change the password.
    04-03-13 06:20 PM
    If you enter the wrong Password 10 times (I believe), it will wipe all data off the pb. Pictures, videos, docs, voice notes, etc - all will be erased. You will be given an opportunity to type in Blackberry (I think) so that you know you are typing correctly. If you have a recent or other backup, it might not be terrible but restoring gigs of data can be tedious.

Good luck
    04-03-13 06:46 PM
    If you enter the wrong Password 10 times (I believe), it will wipe all data off the pb. Pictures, videos, docs, voice notes, etc - all will be erased. You will be given an opportunity to type in Blackberry (I think) so that you know you are typing correctly. If you have a recent or other backup, it might not be terrible but restoring gigs of data can be tedious.

Good luck
    Even if you have a password on your PB and haven't done a recent backup, all should not be lost. You should be able to start up your PB until you reach the password screen, and then be able to connect to your PB wirelessly from your PC and thereby access your files without a password- at least I can. You should then be able to manually backup any important files before forcing a wipe.
    04-03-13 07:04 PM