Hi New User Have a blackberry playbook and when I first used it I entered my email address/password etc., I have since changed my ISP even though I have obviously changed it on my playbook to correspond, each time I boot up my playbook it asks for my password...infuriating..can anyone help please
    02-03-13 09:34 AM
    It's asking or a password because you apparently enabled password protection on your Playbook when you first set it up. You can disable password protection by going into Settings (tap on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the home screen) then go to Security. Slide "Enable Password" to off. That should take care of it. Keep in mind, though, that disabling password protection will allow anyone who picks up your Playbook to access any of your information.
    02-03-13 11:55 AM
    I am not sure what the ISP has to do with the password and where you entered your email address (and/or ?) password. But if it asks you the password everytime you restart it then as the above poster said you probably enabled the PB's password feature. The bad news is that even if you try to disable the password off as the above poster said then it will ask you for the ..... password to verify that you are the owner. Otherwise it wouldn't be a password protected device. In this case the only solution is to wipe your device and loose the data you have (unless you recently made a back up).

Edit: Unless you are talking about the password to connect to the internet which is a different story (but then again what the email address has to do with it?)
    02-03-13 12:51 PM
    Hi New User Have a blackberry playbook and when I first used it I entered my email address/password etc., I have since changed my ISP even though I have obviously changed it on my playbook to correspond, each time I boot up my playbook it asks for my password...infuriating..can anyone help please
    When you first boot your pb the email address it asks for will be your bb ID username. Unfortunately at this point it doesn't validate your email address. However when you restart your pb it does. If it finds a problem with validation it will ask you for a password. The email address supplied as your username (blackberry id) may be your valid email address ie xxxxxxxx@gmail.com but the password must be the one relating to your bb I'd.

Eg my email address is xxxxxxxxxxxx@btinternet.com my password for this account is xxxxxxxx

When I set up my playbook for the first time I enter xxxxxxxxxxxx@btinternet.com but password as vvvvv

BB I'd at this point does no validation. My account with bb id is set up and pb works.

Restart and now the pb does the validation on the email address but the password it requires is your bb id password not your email account password. Complicated I know but as your pb is new, do a security wipe, it's in settings, and then re enter your email address and your valid password for that email address.
    02-03-13 01:09 PM
    I, too, am trying to disable my Playbook login password, but for some reason, my Settings screen does not include a nav button called "Security"?? Any idea how I can find/activate that path so that I can disable my password?
    Thanks very much
    11-22-13 07:20 AM
    I, too, am trying to disable my Playbook login password, but for some reason, my Settings screen does not include a nav button called "Security"?? Any idea how I can find/activate that path so that I can disable my password?
    Thanks very much
    Can you scroll down - on the Left Column, Swipe Upward to reveal more options/settings????
    11-22-13 01:17 PM