Do you think this form is part of RIM's failure and popularity problems.

I see it everyday..... people come here and are to lazy to search for links and repeatedly start new threads ask the same questions and have the same complaints that have been posted many times before.

I have seen a new post here almost everyday since July 1 saying were is the 2.1 update, well it was promised for early summer, it was promised for late july. Well late July to me means the last few days of the month.

And do you think that when peolple do web searches to find out the bad and the ugly about playbooks it takes them here?

I think so.

I think that this forum is very helpful... But I also think posters here are way to quick to write cut throat and damming comments about there playbooks. God only knows how many people have sideloaded and tried to hack there playbooks causing some or all of there problems.

You know RIM never twisted our arms to purchase the playbook and I think that they really have not misslead anyone into believing you could get inside the playbook and send yourself to the moon. We just want it to do that and the fact is IT CAN'T DO IT so stop blaming RIM for you wanting your playbook to do something that was never promised.
    Last edited by kretch; 07-18-12 at 04:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    07-18-12 04:08 PM
    I agree. This is what RIM says...that is what we will get (late July). But the PlayBook is still a great tablet with a lot of features, some better than iPad. Only a few apps missing that's all.
    bb624 and snarlybear like this.
    07-18-12 04:17 PM
    I think it's a general "human" thing to not bother looking first before jumping into things, not necessarily just a problem here.

I understand what you're saying, but the multiplication of threads come from a few different points:
    - either the person hasn't bothered looking first at the existing threads thinking that whatever has been said before can't possibly be as good as the way they're going to express themselves, so it "deserves" a new thread
    - the person is what is lovingly known as a "troll" and is doing it to further cause anguish amounst the faithful
    - it's an honnest mistake

Either way, being part of a forum of this nature implies that you have to sift through some of the repeats and garbage to get to the good stuff - questions you can help with, real opinions which are asked for, interesting stories to read, etc...

The ironic thing is, a similar thread to yours probably already exists, so you could have added to that one, but chose to create a new thread

Either way, it's all part of the fun of the ride. Sure I get PO'd, sure I get dismayed, sure I can read some interesting things, but it's all part of the journey (does that mean BB10 is the promised land?)

Si.
    snarlybear likes this.
    07-18-12 04:25 PM
    Yes Mr Kretch, I. Agree with you.
    All i can say .
    07-18-12 04:30 PM
    Yes, crackberry is the reason RIM's in the shape it is today, lol....
    And search jockeys annoy me to no end. lets jut close the forums to new threads, everything has probably been answered all ready somewhere.

Repeated questions don't bother me, there's this new invention called not clicking on threads.
    FF22, Hawnz and JeepBB like this.
    07-18-12 05:13 PM
    The search on here, I find, to be very crappy.
    07-18-12 08:04 PM
    I can see how frequent flyers could get annoyed by the same post day in and day out but what do you really expect? Surely you don't expect every single person whether they are new or not, to use the search function diligently until they find the answer they need?

Believe it or not some people just really want to spark up some conversation with folks who share their same interests. I suggest creating a filter so that it's easier to just read what the next post may be about without the prior post spoiling it for you. Who knows it could be something that no one in here has ever read before...Something like....PlayBook tablet OS 2.1.0.786 Now available for download.
    snarlybear likes this.
    07-18-12 08:55 PM
    I am not annoyed, but I think you are wrong

I am feeling good about RIM in this week
    07-18-12 09:01 PM
    You are wrong.

RIM's largest problem is it's dwindling followers who accept sub-par devices as anything more than disgusting garbage that should be beaten down with a hammer and buried.

Accept absolutely nothing less than perfection and excellence. The PlayBook's launch was an overpriced disaster that DID promise things that it could not do (Skype advertisements, anyone?). Re-pricing it at the low-end of the market makes sense because thats where the device needs to be in it's current condition - in the back corner with other tablets that cannot compete in the high-end tablet space.

I currently use mine as a coaster for drinks on my coffee table and it works pretty good for this. It's useless as anything else.
    Last edited by rdkempt; 07-18-12 at 09:16 PM.
    07-18-12 09:13 PM
    You are wrong.

RIM's largest problem is it's dwindling followers who accept sub-par devices as anything more than disgusting garbage that should be beaten down with a hammer and buried.

Accept absolutely nothing less than perfection and excellence. The PlayBook's launch was an overpriced disaster that DID promise things that it could not do (Skype advertisements, anyone?). Re-pricing it at the low-end of the market makes sense because thats where the device needs to be in it's current condition - in the back corner with other tablets that cannot compete in the high-end tablet space.

I currently use mine as a coaster for drinks on my coffee table and it works pretty good for this. It's useless as anything else.
    LOL talk about but t hurt

So who else is excited about being able to upgrade your tablet to a whole new UI with BlackBerry10? Who else does that? Troll on, I hope it helps you feel better about your current device Good Night CrackBerry Nation, I'm gonna go watch the new Spiderman movie streamed flawlessly to my PlayBook
    rotorwrench likes this.
    07-18-12 09:26 PM
    LOL talk about but t hurt

So who else is excited about being able to upgrade your tablet to a whole new UI with BlackBerry10? Who else does that? Troll on, I hope it helps you feel better about your current device Good Night CrackBerry Nation, I'm gonna go watch the new Spiderman movie streamed flawlessly to my PlayBook
    Either you took offense as a blind RIM follower or you misunderstood my message.

I am more excited for BlackBerry 10 than you are... I want RIM to produce the best possible devices that shocks the markets, consumers, developers and beyond. RIM will NEVER do this if when they release crap to the market they have a bunch of fools telling them it's great. They need to be told THIS IS GARBAGE and that's what the market has done to them - look at their stock value. Likewise when they produce gold, they need to be told it's great. Honesty is the best policy.

Oh, and enjoy your movie!
    Last edited by rdkempt; 07-18-12 at 09:38 PM.
    07-18-12 09:32 PM
    You are wrong.

Can i have your Playbook then? I'll even pay for the shipping & handling
    07-18-12 10:49 PM
    You are wrong.

As I tell everyone who complains about how crappy their playbook is, I'll give you $50 to take it off your hands. Providing it doesn't have any water spots. Some how no one ever takes me up on my offer.
    07-18-12 11:56 PM
    You are wrong.

Your opinion and you're welcome to it. My PB and 9930 serve me very well, better than any other phone and tablet I've tried currently available. Your statements are subjective for you but not factual for all. BTW, I don't spend my hard earned money on loyalty to a brand, but what works for me, whomever the manufacturer.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 07-19-12 at 12:14 AM.
    07-19-12 12:12 AM
    Lol! Right...it's the forum and not RIM. While I love my pb, not everyone does. RIM has missed release dates and the pb software has obvious shortcomings. Just give the native Adobe Reader a spin. Thank God for 3rd party apps. Praying BB10 is amazing beyond belief but ain't no way it's the folks in here that caused the present situation. Think many have been more than patient. Give RIM credit where credit is due.
    jononku likes this.
    07-19-12 12:21 AM
    As I tell everyone who complains about how crappy their playbook is, I'll give you $50 to take it off your hands. Providing it doesn't have any water spots. Some how no one ever takes me up on my offer.
    I will trade you for a coaster of equal value.
    07-19-12 07:17 AM

Cause folks are getting $75 or more for them elsewhere.

Tim
    07-19-12 07:29 AM
    If you saw advertising that said the playbook had skype, well, sue them, there's trade description laws that will back you up, but thats not true is it, there was never any advertising that said the playbook had skype.

When i bought my playbook I knew what its capabilities were, so i was not disappointed afterwards, anything new that gets added is a bonus,
    If you bought the wrong thing, get over it, learn from your mistakes.
    07-19-12 03:17 PM
    If you saw advertising that said the playbook had skype, well, sue them, there's trade description laws that will back you up, but thats not true is it, there was never any advertising that said the playbook had skype.

When i bought my playbook I knew what its capabilities were, so i was not disappointed afterwards, anything new that gets added is a bonus,
    If you bought the wrong thing, get over it, learn from your mistakes.
    We have been through this a number of times before. At one of the pb annoucements, there was a display showing the Skype logo on a pb screen. I think at one time, the rim pb site even hosted that same image. I think MSN was also shown but it might have been something else. So, yes, there was a bit of deception about Skype.
    07-19-12 05:38 PM
    Then Im sorry , if those images were on rim's sites , then yes , its misleading, I take it all back.
    07-19-12 05:43 PM
    For reference:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CzomXQoLEm...2BPlaybook.jpg

and

Join the Petition for Skype on the BlackBerry PlayBook - BerryReview

Look at the pictures in there; these came from RIM. Yes, it was false advertising - period.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-19-12 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD