I paid for Spider. The icon is on my screen. All it does is show a screen asking for access - to Internet, ID info, and all my files! Seems somewhat OTT for a card game so I say no to the files one. And the app doesn't start.
    What should I do?
    05-07-13 10:41 AM
    Some apps just won't work unless you give them the proper permissions. It may be asking for access to the file system to store game data. I believe the apps in BB World are generally safe. I don't recall hearing of any sneaky apps from BB World.
    If you go to the settings-security- application permission you can change the setting there for individual apps.
    05-07-13 10:47 AM
    If you're not comfortable with it, dump it. I wouldn't accept it either. Access to files, may mean that they are storing images for the game, but the addition of ID info makes me think that the game is just an "in" for your data.
    05-07-13 10:51 AM
    I really do have problems with Apps that ask for PERSONAL INFO or whatever that specific Permission is called. That is a pretty wide open permission. Obviously, some apps will need access to Files if they are to keep score and download additional components, although even there it would be nice if they were more specific.
    05-07-13 12:21 PM
    I am thinking that Apple World should post the permissions required so you know before you pay out your money.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-09-13 12:12 PM