ESPN playbook ? not a good choice of a name if you ask me!!
    Tom

ESPN Front Row

ESPN Playbook is up and running
    Today, ESPN.com debuted a new section to the site in conjunction with a front-of-the-book redesign of ESPN The Magazine to introduce Playbook, a combined effort by ESPN�s digital and print teams that will be led by senior director Lynn Hoppes along with online editors Thomas Neumann and Dave Wilson and The Magazine�s Otto Strong and Carlos Mejia.

Front Row spoke to Hoppes, ESPN The Magazine editor-in-chief Chad Millman and Page 2 founding editor Kevin Jackson about the launch of Playbook and the best of the past decade-plus years of Page 2:

Lynn, what do you think it says about fans and the evolution of sports with the debut of Playbook on ESPN.com and ESPN The Magazine?
    I think we�re giving fans choices for their viewing and reading pleasure. In some ways, Playbook is playing toward niche audiences. With ESPN.com, you already have the main news side, you have the long-form site in Grantland and now you have Playbook, which focuses on entertaining you in a short-attention span way. You might love pop culture and discovering the hottest trends, or music and video games. Playbook is an umbrella that covers a lot of these interests with deep dives into each. It allows you to be with like-minded individuals. You�ll see a lot of original video, interaction with the public with an emphasis on social media, and content that speaks specifically to the audience. The same goes for the magazine�s front-of-the-book content. It�s bite-size nuggets of information that you can digest easily and can be informed and entertained.
    04-17-12 09:38 AM
    What does this have to do with the Tablet?
    04-17-12 09:52 AM
    isnt playbook a term used in us sports? It would seem that RIM should be getting more involved in sports then, I mean the tag ines write themselves..
    Think sport? Think playbook.
    Get the playbook on your playbook...etc
    04-17-12 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD