I did a search and did not find this so here goes. (I also checked there website)

None of the MP4 music files I download from the ITunes store show in the selection when I go to load a track.

Why?

Tim
    06-20-12 08:36 AM
    I think I need to authorize the PB.

Is this possible since ITunes will not run on the PB?

Tim
    06-20-12 09:01 AM
    Pacemaker doesn't play MP4's, it does play MP3's. MP4's are video files. Do you mean MP3?
    06-20-12 09:16 AM
    Sorry, MP3.....

I download a song to my PC and move it to the playbook and PM does not show it.

It does show up in the PBs own music player though.

Tim

PS, I would use the PB BB Music store but their prices are way out of line. Almost a $1.00 more per song.
    I am downloading about 100 songs today for a wedding receptions this weekend and that $1.00 makes a big difference.
    Last edited by trsbbs; 06-20-12 at 09:37 AM.
    06-20-12 09:33 AM
    It doesn't work with iTunes M4A files. (I think thats what they are) You have to convert them all to MP3's to get them to work in Pacemaker. For a $20 app that crashes alot and doesn't play raw iTunes music I'm thinking I made an error in purchasing this app. Maybe good for some, not for me. Every time I go to scratch, it crashes. I've uninstalled it until they release a fix for it with M4A support too. I don't see how a pro DJ could use this app and have a club rockin, then the app crashes and people boo and get all pissed. I was SO looking forward to this app, only to be shocked that yet another BlackBerry app that was supposed to be "super" fails again.
    Last edited by Nyce22; 06-20-12 at 09:42 AM.
    06-20-12 09:39 AM
    It doesn't work with iTunes M4A files. (I think thats what they are) You have to convert them all to MP3's to get them to work in Pacemaker. For a $20 app that crashes alot and doesn't play raw iTunes music I'm thinking I made an error in purchasing this app. Maybe good for some, not for me. Every time I go to scratch, it crashes. I've uninstalled it until they release a fix for it with M4A support too. I don't see how a pro DJ could use this app and have a club rockin, then the app crashes and people boo and get all pissed. I was SO looking forward to this app, only to be shocked that yet another BlackBerry app that was supposed to be "super" fails again.
    I was incorrect, they are ITunes MP3. But if they crash the player I do not want that to occur in the middle of the show.

Tim

Ps, I also have Rhapsody. Is that a little better?
    06-20-12 09:44 AM
    This app does crash a lot, but with 2.1 being a PUBLIC BETA, I can't speak on the crashing during 2.0.1 official.

tsbbs, if you're running 2.0.1 official and it hasn't crashed much, the OS likely has a lot to do with it. I'm on 2.1 beta and it crashes, but if I load it again, I find it doesn't really crash much. I wouldn't blame Pacemaker for this, myself.

Also, be sure to check out Pacemaker's support section on their site (https://pacemaker.desk.com/). Good luck!
    06-20-12 10:04 AM
    You're right, everything that gets released should be perfect. You're ENTITLED to that - especially with public betas floating around, not being taken into consideration by Joe "Entitlement" Consumer. You have no argument if you're on 2.1 beta. If you're on 2.0.1 official, I'm sorry you feel that way, but perhaps you should contact SUPPORT from PaceMaker on this.

Lastly, I have no idea how this remotely involved "BlackBerry" as a brand directly, or even Research in Motion - aside from the fact it's running on their device. The bolded comment to me is just cynical, non-sensical BS that I'm oh-so-used to hearing in this "community" anymore.
    06-20-12 10:12 AM
    Can we keep this thread on topic please. (see title of thread)

Thanks,

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    06-20-12 10:25 AM
    Rhapsody seems to be working fine. Able to move files from PC to PB and use then with no issues. So far.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    06-20-12 10:26 AM
    What is all this crying about lack of "iTunes" support?

iTunes is part of the Apple dynasty - and we all know that Apple is more or less a locked community. Not saying they have bad products, far from it, but if you go the Apple way - you'd better stick with Apple products all the way... just the way Apple want..

Playbook supports standard MP3 files, and apps on the Playbook of course supports the same.

Instead of complaining about not supporting iTunes, you should go to Apple and ask them why they use the codec's they do, and why they don't open up and allow direct use of MP3 files on their own equipment.

Please folk's - don't let this be a war. Some drive gasoline cars, some use hydrogen, some use bio-fuel, some use diesel, and some can use can use a mixture of them all...
    It does not mean that a gasoline car is better or worse than a diesel, they both have ups and downs,.. and both have different qualities,.. you just buy the vehicle that will solve your transportation needs ... the same in our business...
    06-20-12 11:29 AM
    You're right, everything that gets released should be perfect. You're ENTITLED to that -
    Get real ,... nothing is ever "perfect" - and if it was - it was released to late...

The more important for any development project - is that core functions are in place of course - but also that the dev's are responsive and continusly work towards fixing bugs and functions.

The bigger problem with apps - are developers who "throw out" an app on AppWorld, and then forget all about it.. don't care about fixes or updates... Since all apps have flaws - it is important to be on alert and willing to fix...
    06-20-12 11:34 AM
    Get real ,... nothing is ever "perfect" - and if it was - it was released to late...

The more important for any development project - is that core functions are in place of course - but also that the dev's are responsive and continusly work towards fixing bugs and functions.

The bigger problem with apps - are developers who "throw out" an app on AppWorld, and then forget all about it.. don't care about fixes or updates... Since all apps have flaws - it is important to be on alert and willing to fix...
    Hey man, I was being sarcastic - which is why the OP wanted to stay on topic. I personally enjoy using this app, and I know it's just gonna get better with updates.

One of the "thrown out" audio programs that comes to mind is iSequence n Loop - which wasn't updated for the longest time, and now gets updated quite frequently.

Sorry for any confusion, I was just being sarcastic to the poster I was quoting who had a bad attitude. Entitlement stinks!
    06-20-12 12:43 PM
    Hey man, I was being sarcastic
    huuu--- u scared me there for a moment..

Sorry for any confusion,
    Yea - a lot of confused people out here... who want software for free, software that solves everything, without bugs, with updates every week,...

I wonder if I can send my bills to them,... someone has to pay them.....
    06-20-12 12:47 PM
    CB is quickly becoming a crap forum. No real control of the forums. Off topic posts are driving folks away.

I'm done!

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    06-20-12 01:37 PM
    Can we keep this thread on topic please. (see title of thread)

Thanks,

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    First of all ITunes music format is called ACC (Advanced Audio Coding).
    Secondly the PlayBook DM allows you to copy your selected ITunes folders onto your PB and play your ITunes music (playlist and album covers etc.) without any issue. It will not read DRM protected music or videos though.

Pacemaker does not read ACC files (loaded on a PB) at the moment. So the current solution is to convert your ACC files to MP3 and transfer them back to your PB.
    I suppose this is a Pacemaker oversight but it is not a big deal, a software update could resolve this.
    It�s a software compatibility issue not a PlayBook flaw.
    06-20-12 01:44 PM
    CB is quickly becoming a crap forum. No real control of the forums. Off topic posts are driving folks away.

I'm done!

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    Dude, I just sent you a link to Pacemaker's direct support site which outlines all supported formats and everything. It was in post #7. You've also been getting input from others. I apologize for having to be a j3rk to others who are just plain negative, but it is what it is. The forums are mighty tough lately.
    Last edited by joski; 06-20-12 at 01:53 PM.
    Morten likes this.
    06-20-12 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD