04-12-13 02:09 PM
65 123
tools
    Do you have a trusted cert or self-assigned?

How did have you setup your Exchange email?

I using Exchange 2010 SP1 (SBS 2011), at work we use Exchange 2010 Enterprise. Both are setup with trusted certs, I have had no issues connecting to both mailboxes.

A.
    I suspect that for this reason I can not setup my account on my PB. The same applies if I try to connect to OWA using the pb browser even after I made the cert available in the web keystore. Any hints or suggestions you could share?
    02-23-12 12:31 AM
    OK - I still cant connect, still getting the same error message. Trying to rule out a couple of things!

Of those who can not get active sync working:
    1. Did you update without downgrading the OS from OS2 Beta first?
    2. Do you have a different user ID to email address?

Both of these apply to me...
    02-23-12 11:21 AM
    OK - I still cant connect, still getting the same error message. Trying to rule out a couple of things!

Of those who can not get active sync working:

1. Did you update without downgrading the OS from OS2 Beta first?

2. Do you have a different user ID to email address?

Both of these apply to me...

Are you sure the server has activesync enabled? Try this link to test activesync connections...

https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rustmonkey; 02-23-12 at 11:43 AM.
    02-23-12 11:39 AM
    I've imported my certs, root CA and user cert, but still can't get ActiveSync to work. iOS works fine. Touchdown works fine sideloaded on the PB.

But I want native ActiveSync, it just seems like the right thing to do.
    02-23-12 12:29 PM
    Here's what I try:

domain: company domain
    username: domain username
    password: domain password
    e-mail address: company e-mail address
    server address: webmail.companyname.com

click continue and it says it cannot connect. Could this be because I am trying to do this while connected to the wi-fi here in the office (i know I can't connect to the webmail.company.com site from my PC here in the office) Do I need to try connecting this while I am at home?
    Yes.

Your company has not correctly setup their local DNS and added a entry for webmail that's why it fails so leave it until your outside the company.
    02-23-12 12:40 PM
    I've imported my certs, root CA and user cert, but still can't get ActiveSync to work. iOS works fine. Touchdown works fine sideloaded on the PB.

But I want native ActiveSync, it just seems like the right thing to do.
    Get your business to purchase a trusted cert, $24 a year at Godady you can't go wrong.

A.
    02-23-12 12:41 PM
    So, how do we access without activesync? ...or is it not possible? My work exchange server does not have activesync enabled, but allows connections through Exchange 2007 protocols... I sideloaded Touchdown in the android player and it connects without a hitch... I'd love for the native programs to do the same.

To access your Microsoft Exchange email in the current state of OS 2.0 your Exchange server MUST be running ActiveSync. The alternative is to purchase Mobile Fusion for BES (not BES Express) at the end of March, but you'll need a few grand for that.

A
    02-23-12 12:46 PM
    I don't see where you put in a server name.
    I got an error on certificates, said ignore, but it won't work.
    If you are getting a certificate error its very likely your company has a self-assigned SSL certificate installed. Ask them to purchase a trusted SSL cert from godady, they cost $24 a year.
    02-23-12 12:49 PM
    Are you sure the server has activesync enabled? Try this link to test activesync connections...

https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com

Hi - yeah I did that test the other day, really handy link. All passed and showed that I haven't got auto discovery set up. Thing is in know it works with my credentials as I have it running on my iPhone... So frustrating.
    02-23-12 01:09 PM
    I know this isnt the be all and end all solution, but i just installed android enhanced email, and it pulled my exchange email in seconds, and i get email on it quicker than i do my blackberry
    02-23-12 08:27 PM
    Get your business to purchase a trusted cert, $24 a year at Godady you can't go wrong.

A.
    Are you saying that it will not work with a selfsigned cert even if I get asked if I want to trust it?
    02-28-12 05:43 PM
    Hi _MFitzy,

I have the same issue. When I put all the credentials which are applicable for the EAS for iphone, the playbook says "The server "********" for account (*******) is not responding. The server name in your account settings might be incorrect, or the server might be temporarily offline. Check your settings to make sure the server name is correct and try again." I have used all the permutations & combination. But it doesn't work.
    03-03-12 05:08 PM
    There are several factors involved with Exchange and ActiveSync. If setup correctly, you should not have to edit any settings on any device, PlayBook or otherwise if ActiveSync is properly implemented on the device connecting to it. All you should require is the email address and password as long as:

1. The ActiveSync service is enabled on the Exchange Server.
    2. Your email account is enabled for ActiveSync as it can be enabled\disabled on each email account individual account.
    3. Auto-discover is properly configured on the Exchange Client Access Server (CAS). Auto-discover improperly set up will be the reason you need anything beyond email address and password for you PB email settings with an Exchange email account.
    4. If the CAS is configured for authentication using a certificate then you will need to obtain the certificate from you IT Dept. and install it on your PB. If a self-signed or internal CA certificate then you need the root and intermediate certificates as well.
    5. If your Exchange CAS is using an internal CA or self-signed certificate then the same thing applies as in #4.
    6. If your organization is using Mobile Device Management software ( getting more common ) then you will need to contact your IT department or Exchange administrator to have your Playbook added or regiStered. This varies depending on the MDM software being used.
    7. If your organization is using ActiveSync and has applied a password or secure client requirements in an ActiveSync policy then BlackBerry Balance is enabled and your PB will set it up as an Enterprise account. You can have multiple Exchange accounts on the PB but only one Enterprise account setup on the PB.

Time to go, dinner calls and my wife is tapping her fingers.
    03-03-12 06:54 PM
    The server address should be the one you use for OWA, right? without https:// prefix. mine for instance is mail.denvergov.org.
    04-12-13 01:08 PM
    The server address should be the one you use for OWA, right? without https:// prefix. mine for instance is mail.denvergov.org.
    For my current client organisation, the AS & OWA server addresses are DIFFERENT - this is very common
    04-12-13 02:09 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD