04-12-13 03:09 PM
65 123
tools
    Downer, our OWA url cannot be accessed by devices not issued by our company, unless you connect using a securID first...
    So I'm stuck using the browser access, getting a token using my SecurID, then I can login to Outlook Web Access from the browser... sucks.
    02-21-12 11:08 AM
    I was trying to input the FULL Activesync/OWA URL on the 'Server' line (i.e: https://OWA.Company.Com/

Of course this was the wrong way.

I then entered OWA.COMPANY.COM and it worked just fine for me. Appears my company has BlackBerry Balance installed as well, so it has required me to set a password to "Unlock" the enterprise e-mail connection, which is really nice!
    It is sounding more and more like this problem is specific to company enterprise settings.
    I am on the activesync list, have my password set up and have changed the timer to 0 seconds. That is enough on my iphone. I can access the web outlook through the browser on the PB. I will get in contact with the network team and see if I need to be added to a blackberry approved list I dont know, clutching at straws a bit...
    02-21-12 11:08 AM
    Here's what I try:

domain: company domain
    username: domain username
    password: domain password
    e-mail address: company e-mail address
    server address: webmail.companyname.com

click continue and it says it cannot connect. Could this be because I am trying to do this while connected to the wi-fi here in the office (i know I can't connect to the webmail.company.com site from my PC here in the office) Do I need to try connecting this while I am at home?
    i bet this is exactly the problem. our mail never works over the company wifi.
    02-21-12 11:37 AM
    So after reading all of the above posts am I correct in saying all of the people who have connected to email have active sync enabled, and no one who doesn't have active sync has not been able to connect.
    02-21-12 11:39 AM
    So after reading all of the above posts am I correct in saying all of the people who have connected to email have active sync enabled, and no one who doesn't have active sync has not been able to connect.
    We have Active Sync enabled on the enterprise server but with access only available to specific user IDs and I am on the approved list. Just got off IM with the server team who say that this device has to be specifically added to the AS approved list becuase of the way it addresses the server. I will update once they have had a look for me later this week.

So in ref to your point, if you are talking about AS enabled on the webserver, then yes of course that is required. Think some of us are having problems with the PB where we don't on the apple products as the PB addresses the server differently meaning it can not be generically accepted under an approved user ID.
    1optimusprime likes this.
    02-21-12 11:53 AM
    Ok Solved i looked at logs on the Exchange Server and there i found out that
    Exchange ActiveSync doesn't have sufficient permissions Event ID 1053 and with that solution al works....
    Event ID 1053: Exchange ActiveSync doesn't have sufficient permissions to create container
    settings;
    domain empty
    username: domainname\user
    email: email@email.com
    pasword: password
    server addresswa.email.com
    Push on
    Use SSL on
    Regards
    if you are getting error that server can not be find it means youare puting wrong server name.
    Mr-Chasteau likes this.
    02-21-12 11:59 AM
    This is strange. I set up my enterprise email in less then 60 seconds. It worked like a charm.
    02-21-12 12:03 PM
    Where can you find the server address?
    The server address is the outside OWA address. If your company block the OWA URL from the outside world then you can't setup your email.

You'll have to wait until Fusion Mobile comes out and hope that your company already uses Blackberry Enterprise Server (NOT express) and also has an extra few grand to buy it so you can get your work emails.

A.
    02-21-12 12:06 PM
    I came to this thread cause I was having the same issues, having the correct information, but not connecting. I exited the setup and went back in and entered the exact same info again and it resolved. Not sure if its a timeout issue or just a quirk in OS 2.0.

If you still have troubles and you've setup ActiveSync previously on a separate device, I'd suggest restarting the Playbook and trying again.
    02-21-12 12:10 PM
    Exchange ActiveSync doesn't have sufficient permissions Event ID 1053 and with that solution al works....
    Event ID 1053: Exchange ActiveSync doesn't have sufficient permissions to create container
    settings;
    domain empty
    Push on
    Use SSL on
    Regards
    if you are getting error that server can not be find it means youare puting wrong server name.
    Your using the wrong settings:

example settings to use.. remote.companyname.com / workstation netbios name: companyname

description: company name
    domain: companyname
    username: username
    email address: username@companyname.com
    password: ********
    server address: remote.companyname.com
    Use SSL: ON
    Push: ON

TimeSync: 7 days

If your exchange server is setup according to Microsoft's best practices these settings will work without a hitch. However if you have done a hack job because your not trained or carry an MCTIP then the problem isn't your mail server, but the admnistrator.

A.
    02-21-12 12:11 PM
    The settings provided by me and by you are working.
    I just said that if soembady has the problem, and cant figure out shud look at the LOgs on Exchange server....
    I
    02-21-12 12:21 PM
    On another note, anyone able to get subfolders working through activesync & OS 2.0? I have a couple of rules in Outlook to move messages to subfolders and I can't see how to view them on the Playbook.
    02-21-12 12:43 PM
    My account worked with:

description: company name
    domain: companyname
    username: domainname\username
    email address: username@companyname.com
    password: ********
    server address: mail.companyname.com

HTH
    02-21-12 01:58 PM
    settings;
    domain empty
    Push on
    Use SSL on
    Regards
    I don't see where you put in a server name.
    I got an error on certificates, said ignore, but it won't work.
    02-21-12 02:11 PM
    i've tried every fix listed on here, and nothing is working, super frustrated, i was looking forward to the upgrade for this specific reason
    02-21-12 02:13 PM
    I fixed the DNS problem on my server so that computers on the internal network can access the webmail.companyname.com site. I still cannot get e-mail setup on the Playbook. I cannot access the site through the Playbook browser either. Could this be a firewall issue? I can access the site through my BB phone though.
    02-21-12 03:56 PM
    settings;
    domain empty
    Push on
    Use SSL on
    Regards
    WORKED! all i had to do diffrently was add my companys domain name in front of my username!!!!!
    02-22-12 02:12 AM
    The problem that I'm having is that when after I set up the user information and server on the next step "Saving and verifying your settings" stays on a loop for a couple of minutes and then I receive the following message: "Account Company - user@company.com failed testing and current settings"

Does anyone has the same problem? Has someone found a solution?
    02-22-12 09:40 AM
    I fixed the DNS problem on my server so that computers on the internal network can access the webmail.companyname.com site. I still cannot get e-mail setup on the Playbook. I cannot access the site through the Playbook browser either. Could this be a firewall issue? I can access the site through my BB phone though.
    Yes it is a firewall issue or active sync is disabled. Your blackberry has access behind the firewall on a BES.
    02-22-12 01:16 PM
    Here is a handy tool for folks out there:
    https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/
    _MFitzy likes this.
    02-22-12 01:21 PM
    I am also still having trouble getting my email configured in the native client. The funny part is that I actually setup the accounts yesterday & had them working....sort of flakey but working.

Yesterday I had all 3 of the accounts working

MSN (using the basic setup)
    GMAIL (using the basic setup)
    EXCHANGE (using advanced setup with OWA settings)

The EXCHANGE connection was a little flakey because my Playbook kept connecting to the wifi that is on the same network as the Exchange server....since I am using the external address for the server...it didn't like it.

However, when I connected to a Sprint WiFi device in another part of the building...all 3 accounts worked fine.

I went home last night & found that none of the accounts would connect on my home wifi network. I attributed it to a firewall port issue & figured I would tackle it tonight.

When I came back into work this morning, I found that I can't get any of the accounts to connect. I have tried multiple wifi connections & it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I just keep getting the error message...

"The server X for account (X) is not responding. The server name in your account settings might be incorrect, or the server might be temporarily offline. Check your settings to make sure the server name is correct and try again."

I have talked to my IT department & there are no blocked ports that should be hampering the connection....

I even tried calling RIM tech support & the guy I was talking to didn't even know what information was in the setup screen. I had to describe the screen to him?!? After an hour & being put on hold 5 times...I hung up so I could get back to work.

I LIKED my PlayBook on April 19th when I got discharged from the hospital (hernia surgery) & drove straight to Best Buy to pick it up.
    I LOVED my PlayBook at 2 AM PST yesterday when I updated it to OS2

Today, not so much!

Last edited by Boxfeeder; 02-22-12 at 07:46 PM.
    02-22-12 07:42 PM
    Here is a handy tool for folks out there:
    https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/
    Great tool, thanks for sharing. I put in the details and it all passed and successfully opened an activesync session but still not working on the native inbox

Of the people having this problem, do you, like me, have a different user ID to your email address? And of you who have been successful, I ask the same question?

Just looking to continue following my suspicions or discount it as a cause of the issue all together, it's just when I get my error message it quotes my email address and not my user ID and we have a closed active sync list with only approved user Ids allowed access.
    02-22-12 07:58 PM
    So, how do we access without activesync? ...or is it not possible? My work exchange server does not have activesync enabled, but allows connections through Exchange 2007 protocols... I sideloaded Touchdown in the android player and it connects without a hitch... I'd love for the native programs to do the same.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-22-12 08:18 PM
    So, how do we access without activesync? ...or is it not possible? My work exchange server does not have activesync enabled, but allows connections through Exchange 2007 protocols... I sideloaded Touchdown in the android player and it connects without a hitch... I'd love for the native programs to do the same.

Seems to me that active sync and pop accounts are the only available but no other and half of us can't get AS to work!! I can't see how to connect to a BIS or BES either, another let down.... Still love my PB for all the awesome flash content and intuitive OS and gesture controls but this hitch that I've spoken about is starting to cast quite a shadow! Who'da thought RIM would release an update that doesn't fully work for all users?! (TiC)
    02-22-12 08:30 PM
    Reading up a little more on Touchdown, apparently it is designed to work exclusively with Exchange accounts with activesync or via OWA and Exchange protocols... Must be why it works...

02-22-12 09:04 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD