Kwik Kwestshun.

If I leave it on charge overnight while I'm asleep will it stop charging of it's own volition or will one of my teddy bears have to wake me up to unplug the charger so as not to cause any damage?

Thank You

peter9477, esk369 and neel69 like this.
    09-13-12 02:19 PM
    Once it's charged it's charged...
    peter9477 likes this.
    09-13-12 02:26 PM
    You're safe. You won't overcharge it.
    peter9477, Anna Key and BlazorBoy like this.
    09-13-12 02:27 PM
    It is meant to be on the charger all night. It regulates the current to prevent damage to the battery.
    peter9477 and Anna Key like this.
    09-13-12 02:27 PM
    I use a rapid charger every night, all night, no issues in the last 4 months. I did notice that once it reaches 100%, the lightning bolt on the battery icon, changes to a 2-pronged plug icon. So I assume this means its not charging but still connected.
    peter9477, BlazorBoy and Anna Key like this.
    09-13-12 02:29 PM
    My experiments seem to show that once it's charged, it stops charging and in fact no significant power flows into or even out of the battery at that point. It that appears as long as it's on the charger, at that point, it draws whatever power it needs directly from the charger, so long as the charger is capable of providing enough, even if it sits there on the charger for weeks.
    f0xx386, DC506, neel69 and 1 others like this.
    09-13-12 02:32 PM
    No problems. Over a year charging over night with a rapid charger. Battery still last as long as always.
    Anna Key likes this.
    09-13-12 02:33 PM
    I also use the rapid charger overnight, to no ill effect.
    09-13-12 03:49 PM
    I can also confirm, that there are no problems charging overnight.
    Anna Key likes this.
    09-13-12 04:21 PM
    Just put one on the dock for the night.
    09-13-12 04:51 PM
    All night for me rapid charger every day no issue! Still my favorite thing in the house
    09-13-12 05:35 PM
    C'mon, Lets have a picture of your teddies.....
    Anna Key and Carl Estes like this.
    09-13-12 05:41 PM
    You can tell your teddy bears to rest peacefully and you may sleep well knowing your PlayBook is safely charging itself completely and safely. Mine is charged overnight with no problems and as noted the plug symbol indicates full charge. Enjoy your sleep
    09-13-12 05:47 PM
    All night every night.
    09-13-12 07:01 PM
    Does the offical playbook convertable case fit with the rapid pod? I want to get one but I don't want to have to remove the playbook from my case to charge it.

Sent from Playbook using Taptalk
    09-13-12 07:40 PM
    Clearly based on the above responses, the PlayBook rocks.

Posted from Crackberry.com App for Android
    09-13-12 07:50 PM
    my pb often dies on my rapid charger. Something aint right :| ive stopped using it and only use the cord now.
    09-13-12 07:50 PM
    Does the offical playbook convertable case fit with the rapid pod? I want to get one but I don't want to have to remove the playbook from my case to charge it.

Nope. You will have to remove the case.

But you can use the Rapid travel charger, which has the mating contacts to the same port that the Charging dock uses. Magnetic too, so if you walk through the cable while your Pb is on the table/couch, it just falls/breaks away. No damage, and your PB stays on the table/couch without going for the "Gravity Ride"

I believe EVERY electronic device should have this feature.

C
    09-14-12 10:11 AM
    I use a rapid charger every night, all night, no issues in the last 4 months. I did notice that once it reaches 100%, the lightning bolt on the battery icon, changes to a 2-pronged plug icon. So I assume this means its not charging but still connected.
    Yep, the two-prong plug icon on the battery means connected to AC power source and not charging. On the BlackBerry Rapid Charging Dock the plug constantly displays if you leave it on the dock, for example. I am looking at my tablet sitting the the dock as I type.
    09-14-12 10:24 AM
    All night every night.
    Wait, we're still just talking about charging, right? ;-)
    esk369 and Carl Estes like this.
    09-14-12 11:21 AM

Without adaptation, I do not think any case works in a dock station. The rapid charger does work without removal from the case.
    diegonei likes this.
    09-14-12 03:11 PM
    We are still waiting, pictures of the teddies please....
    09-14-12 03:24 PM
    Without adaptation, I do not think any case works in a dock station. The rapid charger does work without removal from the case.
    Try Blurex if you need a case that can be used with dock charger. Still think rapid travel charger is better choice than dock.
    Hgouck likes this.
    09-14-12 03:27 PM
    my pb often dies on my rapid charger. Something aint right :| ive stopped using it and only use the cord now.
    Are you calling the cradle the "rapid charger"? For the past week or so I have found that after leaving mine in the cradle over night it doesn't charge eventhough I know the charging "bolt" was present when I put it in the cradle. I put it on at 40% last night before bed and when I awoke it was still at 40%. Has occurred twice in the past week. I am wondering if something is amiss with mine also.
    09-14-12 03:54 PM
    Lots of threads about getting the lightning bolt on the dock charger or even the rapid travel charger when the unit is not actually charging. Usually blamed on the lack of contact with all three pogo pins. Recommendation is often to use Battery Guru to check on whether PB is actually charging. Also threads on attempts to fix pogo pins to get contact.
    dgjackson40 likes this.
    09-14-12 04:59 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD