hey guys,
    For my work, we have an exchange server that we can login to using Outlook Web Access through the web browser.

When I connect my PlayBook to a wifi network, I can login no problem using the PlayBook browser. When I am on the road somewhere and bridge my PlayBook to my Bold 9900 and try to login, It just keeps re-loading the page over and over. I'll put in my Username and password, click Login and it'll take couple of seconds but then right away brings me back to the login screen. Any idea why thats happening?

Thanks
    05-23-13 12:02 AM
    Your company may have it disabled.

My company does the same thing, I can view Outlook on the Web on my PlayBook and Z10 over wifi but not through network or the bridge.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 01:03 AM
    Your company may have it disabled.

My company does the same thing, I can view Outlook on the Web on my PlayBook and Z10 over wifi but not through network or the bridge.

Posted via CB10
    Its odd though. Cause I can view OWA and login using Opera Mini on my Bold 9900 over Network.
    05-23-13 02:00 PM
    Which browser are you using over bridge? The bridge browser or the standard one? I'm able to logon to my Exchange server with OWA using the standard browser on bridge with no problems. Since OS 2 the bridge browser is no longer required to browse websites through bridge.
    Technology83 likes this.
    05-23-13 02:41 PM
    Which browser are you using over bridge? The bridge browser or the standard one? I'm able to logon to my Exchange server with OWA using the standard browser on bridge with no problems. Since OS 2 the bridge browser is no longer required to browse websites through bridge.
    I have OS 2.1 on my PlayBook, so there's only 1 browser even when bridging. So basically using the Standard browser.
    05-23-13 03:29 PM
    I thought (old recall) that with Enterprise, there was a second browser????
    05-23-13 06:09 PM
    Can you make your bb a hotspot? That solves the problem for me when I'm out and it won't work while bridged. Also, while bridged, in the options is an Internet tethering option that needs to be enabled for certain programs to run with no wifi available.
    05-23-13 07:42 PM
    I'm on 2.1.0.1526 and I still have the Bridge Browser in the bridge group along with the other bridge items. I did test that bridge browser and it worked as well.
    05-23-13 09:19 PM
    When you are bridged, you are effectively browsing from within your office network. That is why you can access internal websites like intranets etc. Can you check if OWA is usable from within your office with the same url? Most likely you will have to use a private IP address or internal server name to use OWA within your office and if that is the case, the same address will work on pb when bridged.

The server name that works over wifi will be resolving to a public ip address. Opera connects as a proxy. It connects to OWA from its servers and sends the compressed data to your phone. So in this case it is an external connection to OWA.

Why do you need to use OWA when you have Bridged email anyway?

On my office network I implemented split Dns so urls resolve to the correct IP inside and outside the office. But that adds complexity to the Dns setup.
    05-23-13 11:03 PM