When I first set up the Google Calendar Sync, it worked fine. Since then, nothing updates. I entered some entries on my BB 9650, and nothing happens. Nothing synced to the computer or the PB. I entered an entry on my Outlook on my PC, and nothing synced to the device or the PB.
    I sure wish RIM would hurry up and help us Outlook users.
    02-23-12 08:17 PM
    I hear ya.
    I've spent the better part of the last 2 days trying to use the pretty, new native apps.

Outlook will let you publish the calendar, but only if you are NOT logged in.
    Hotmail will not let you sign out.
    Stupid viscious cycle.

Gmail has a good calendar, but requires saving a contact file and a seperate calendar file, importing them seperately and continuing the process each time you update your outlook info.

At the same time, it is not backwards looking. I cannot change something in my PB and manage, no matter how many hoops I jump through, to get the info on my device/hotmail/outlook.

So, in order to use the native apps along with outlook, I'm required to create files, import them, update them and not put appointments in any native apps unless I want to also create the contact/memo/task/appointment in at least one other place, then please don't forget to sync BB to PC, PC to gmail (by way of 2 seperate files), then refresh the PB.

At least when you delete something from PB, it doesn't appear to sync itself back in on refresh, but that's a very, very, very small consolation.

IMO, it's too much work to see the pretty interface. At best, it's for viewing purposes only.

At least for now, it's a dead end.
    02-23-12 08:50 PM
    When I first set up the Google Calendar Sync, it worked fine. Since then, nothing updates. I entered some entries on my BB 9650, and nothing happens. Nothing synced to the computer or the PB. I entered an entry on my Outlook on my PC, and nothing synced to the device or the PB.
    I sure wish RIM would hurry up and help us Outlook users.
    I have similar type of setup but I am using iCal on my Mac and android. All calender are syncing effortlessly in realtime across all devices.

Few things you can try here,
    Check if you have configured gmail as imap or active sync.
    If you want to sync contacts/calender active sync is the best way as it works on push and provides realtime updates.
    Setting up your Windows Mobile phone for Google Sync - Google Mobile Help

In PB if you provide only email address on first screen and configure account, by default it sets it up as exchange account, or you can use advanced settings and configure it as imap.

On BB Phone, configure your gmail using above link and select calender in syncing options and let us know all if it works.

I am using it this way, if i schedule anything in the calender on either device (android phone, PB, iCal, webmail) it gets reflected automatically across all devices within seconds.
    02-23-12 09:00 PM
    Thanks for that.

I get stuck at step 1. Open the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync application on your device's home screen.

And I have yet to find a way to make outlook sync......

But thanks so much for trying.
    Last edited by cntrydncr223; 02-24-12 at 10:44 AM.
    02-24-12 10:32 AM
    Just posted in another thread about issues with gmail... I had gmail working, then it stopped... could never even get Corp MS Exchange ActiveSync setup at all.

Finally bit the bullet and did a security wipe (really didn't think this should be required). Following the restart... ran through the MS Exchange, gmail, etc setup without a hitch. Still running everything through the paces... but the sync functions are working as expected. Within a min or so, e-mail, calendar, conatcts sync both directions.

So, hate to have to say it... but if you haven't yet and are having issues... try a security wipe. It seems to have worked for me
    02-24-12 11:08 AM
    Got tired of responding to outlook threads go here:http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ntacts-703051/
    02-24-12 11:09 AM
    Thanks so much. Read that a few days ago, didn't help.
    02-25-12 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD