Has anyone been able to get playbook to connect to outlook. com? I have tried several times but nothing works. Thanks.
    koolkos54 likes this.
    03-03-13 01:59 PM
    Has anyone been able to get playbook to connect to outlook. com? I have tried several times but nothing works. Thanks.
    Setup outlook.com perfectly first time. Mail, contacts and calendar sync with my Z10 almost instantly. Didn't do anything special just selected setup new account, email and typed in my login details. No changes required at the outlook.com end it just worked perfectly.
    03-03-13 02:15 PM
    Are you trying to setup an email for outlook.com or visit the WEBSITE: Outlook.com?
    03-03-13 02:42 PM
    I had my account already set up under Hotmail.com and converted to Outlook.com without any problem accessing it with the native browser or the native mail app. I did not need to make any changes on my PlayBook. I just checked both apps and can log in and read e-mail just fine.

There could have been a temporary service outage with the Outlook servers. It happens from time to time.
    03-03-13 03:41 PM
    My BBID setup with hotmail.com, what happen if I change to outlook.com ?
    03-03-13 06:49 PM
    Something is not right with outlook.com. I change my live account to the outlook and I can sing in with my old address, my first initial and last name with outlook.com, and my old address with outlook.com. If I e-mail my self it says that it was not be delivered then the e-mail shows up.
    03-03-13 09:04 PM
    My BBID setup with hotmail.com, what happen if I change to outlook.com ?
    It depends on how you went to outlook.com. If you abandoned your old e-mail address and got a new one with outlook.com, then you should change your BBID.

There is nothing in the migration from hotmail.com to outlook.com that requires you to get a new e-mail address with the @outlook.com moniker. In this case, you continue with the same BBID.
    03-03-13 09:35 PM
    I just checked both apps and can log in and read e-mail just fine.
    03-03-13 09:48 PM
    Works great in native email. Just tried it in the browser and works well there too, mobile and full site.
    03-03-13 09:59 PM
    I've been logging into and syncing with my Outlook.com email account just fine for the last several months. Works great, with far fewer hiccups than my Yahoo or Gmail accounts.
    03-04-13 01:09 AM
    I've been logging into and syncing with my Outlook.com email account just fine for the last several months. Works great, with far fewer hiccups than my Yahoo or Gmail accounts.
    I agree and instead of having the three separate entries in your accounts setting for mail, contacts and calendar you only have the one integrated account entry for all of them. A lot tidied and easier to manage.
    03-04-13 07:26 AM
    I deleted my hotmail account from my Playbook, then added the Outlook.com and it setup just fine. I get Outlook email and calendar on my Playbook.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-04-13 09:50 AM
    I deleted my hotmail account from my Playbook, then added the Outlook.com and it setup just fine. I get Outlook email and calendar on my Playbook.
    You may have solved the problem there lcjr. I never liked the address 'hotmail' so I've never used mine. I just registered and setup a new account and it worked perfectly first time. Must be some anomaly with the converting an existing hotmail account to outlook.com that doesn't work correctly. Setting up a new account with outlook.com is not a major issue and the end result is a perfect solution to trouble free sync.
    03-04-13 11:22 AM