THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! You saved my playbook, or should I say it's screen!

It's been a long day of shopping for my wife, kids, and I. At the end of it all, we stopped for dinner. Before getting out, I put my playbook under my seat so it's hidden from anyone's eyes while walking by. Obviously this is where thing went wrong. I should have just brought my beloved playbook into dinner with me, however my wife becomes the third wheel at that point.

Dinner was great, we get all packed in. When I got into the rig, I slid much seat back and never even thought about my playbook. 20 min goes by and I reach down to get my playbook. The horror!!!! It's pinned, and the silicone exterior has clearly been stretched and is falling off. My heart stops. I reach down, push the button on my seat and slid it back. I pull my playbook out, and there is a good 2-3" tear in the screen protector. obviously at this point I'm devastated!

However, to my surprise, the screen protector did its job!!!! Not a scratch!!! The screen protector literally tore, bit it didn't touch the screen of my playbook!!! BRAVO Ottorbox!!! This event happened about 15min ago. I've already ordered another Ottorbox!!! I won't trust anyone else with my BlackBerry devices ever again!!!

Sorry if this post isn't the most exciting for some of you, but I was so excited with the outcome of my story, I had to share it with some people who will understand!!

-RYknow
    11-24-12 05:11 PM
    Huge fan of OtterBox. Glad it worked out well for ya
    11-24-12 06:54 PM
    By ordered you do mean contacted otterbox and they are sending free replacement right? That's what they did for me, they have great customer service!
    11-24-12 07:24 PM
    See the otterbox also saved your marriage to The Third Wheel!!!!

My pb is also in the Otterbox and each of my bb phones has been in one, too. 8830, Tour, Bold1, and the 9930-Bold. I should buy stock in them!
    11-24-12 07:41 PM
    By ordered you do mean contacted otterbox and they are sending free replacement right? That's what they did for me, they have great customer service!
    Doh!!! Nope! Went right online and ordered a new one! I didn't realize they would be willing to replace it?! Good to know for future reference though!

F2 - Yeah, all in all, Otterbox was the hero of the day! I feel like after today's events, superman should be wearing Otterbox pajamas!! Haha! Glad to see your such a big Otterbox supporter too! My tour was encased with a casemate at first, but then switched to Otterbox, and my 9930 is also in an Otterbox!!

-RYknow
    11-24-12 08:00 PM
    While otterbox does the job its the most overpriced piece of plastic and rubber ever made.
    And looks terrible
    11-24-12 09:12 PM
    And looks terrible
    Just bought the ballistic tough on Amazon for $18, nicest looking piece of plastic and rubber I have ever bought... on Amazon lol.
    11-24-12 09:21 PM
    That was your PlayBook giving you a warning for leaving her behind.
    -RYknow likes this.
    11-24-12 10:18 PM
    I love my otterbox, and sometimes I dislike it. It's so bulky and adds a lot of weight to my PB. But the tradeoff is worth it, in my opinion. It's peace of mind for me knowing that my PB can take a fair amount of punishment when I toss it in my bag and hit the road. The bulky case also makes it easier for me to grip the PB. I would feel naked if my PB were in any other protective case/cover.
    11-24-12 11:47 PM
    Love the Otterbox for the PB. I have dropped my PlayBook walking into the office a couple times and the Otterbox has saved the day each time!!!
    V4Victory_555 likes this.
    11-25-12 01:29 AM
    I have a Ballistic case on one of my PB's and ordered an Otterbox for another because I gave up trying to put on the screen protectors. I've read the reviews and most say the Otterbox screen protector doesn't hamper swiping. Can anyone substantiate this?
    11-25-12 08:03 AM
    I use the Otterbox for about a year, very little different between screen protector and not having one.
    Celandine likes this.
    11-25-12 08:31 AM
    I have a Ballistic case on one of my PB's and ordered an Otterbox for another because I gave up trying to put on the screen protectors. I've read the reviews and most say the Otterbox screen protector doesn't hamper swiping. Can anyone substantiate this?
    I've had zero issues with swiping with the Otterbox screen protector.

I agree that it is a little bulky with the Otterbox, but the protection it gives is well worth the bulk. I'll take my playbook with Otterbox, over lugging the wife's galaxy 10.1 any day of the week though!!!

-RYknow
    Celandine likes this.
    11-25-12 08:47 AM
    At one time I had a screen protector on the pb and the Otterbox and its screen protector and I had no real problems with swiping or tapping with the double layer. I only removed the underlying protector when I had to rma that pb. I did not add one on the replacement, sticking with just the otterbox protector.
    11-25-12 10:28 AM