Had to order another one of these for my new $118.00 PB. Amazon.ca has some good deals ...$29.00. Better than the deal costco had last time I needed one of these great cases.
    balding1 likes this.
    09-16-12 10:51 AM
    Had to order another one of these for my new $118.00 PB. Amazon.ca has some good deals ...$29.00. Better than the deal costco had last time I needed one of these great cases.
    I congratulate you on a excellent choice for a case I use the ob defender for work and I love it maybe love is a strong word for a tablet case but I think I would have broke at least 3 pb`s already the only thing that would make it better imo is if they could make it waterproof.
    09-16-12 11:26 AM
    I congratulate you on a excellent choice for a case I use the ob defender for work and I love it maybe love is a strong word for a tablet case but I think I would have broke at least 3 pb`s already the only thing that would make it better imo is if they could make it waterproof.
    I second that notion. I have two PBs, one with an Otterbox and one with the BlackBerry leather convertable case; the OB one is effin awesome. I use it mainly for travelling, and it takes a beating like none other!
    09-16-12 11:28 AM
    My otterbox just protected my pb (and another protected my 9930) on a 10 day road trip to Glacier National Park. In and out of the car, in and out of the pack. Up and down stairs. Pushed aside. I felt very comfortable wedging it again the Markers Mark and Campari from the Duty free shop!
    esk369 likes this.
    09-16-12 01:05 PM
    Great price, I got my defenders from Costco.ca
    Never bought anything from amazon.ca, do they ship from Canada or from the States?
    Just wondering if you can still get hit with duty fees?
    09-16-12 01:30 PM
    I'm on my second one & still get irked at the debris that gets behind the screen protector. Other than that; this case tops them all.
    09-16-12 03:06 PM
    I also found the crap behind the screen protector annoying. I just cut it off. Been using it for a couple months now. No other complaints from me.
    09-16-12 10:38 PM
    mine shipped from the US but I don't expect any unreasonable duties as it shipped USPS and this methld is best and usually these items skate through customs without any additional charges
    balding1 likes this.
    09-16-12 10:40 PM
    I also found the crap behind the screen protector annoying. I just cut it off. Been using it for a couple months now. No other complaints from me.

I removed the screen from my first one & after a few months, I decided to warranty it. Now I've got the feeling I'm going to do it again.

sent on my #osbb 9930 via tapatalk
    09-17-12 04:46 AM
    I dont know how you guys live ur life to make the PB pass trough all those provings because my leather convertible case does the trick for me and i use the PB alot Eheh

But i'm think of doing some Geocaching on my free time so maybe i'll think of a more "reliable" case

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    09-17-12 05:23 AM
    I do a lot of presentations in and around railroad equipment and I trust my PB in nothing less than the Otterbox. I too removed the screen protector shortly after getting it.

Otherwise, it is safe in my backpack with the RIM leather envelope case.
    09-17-12 05:29 AM
    For some odd reason, I felt like I could clobber someone to death with an Otterboxed PB. It feels like I'm wielding some sort of brick
    hytran and esk369 like this.
    09-17-12 06:30 AM
    For some odd reason, I felt like I could clobber someone to death with an Otterboxed PB. It feels like I'm wielding some sort of brick
    It IS a brick. My original 32 was in an otterbox for at least 6 months before I decided to remove it and show it to someone outside of the case. I really was blown away by how sleek it really was. I no longer have to do that as I have two. The 64 is now in the otterbox while the 32 is in another case and easily removed. And actually I'm not that clumsy but I do take it hiking and/or biking occasionally and it has gone on a few road trips - I just feel more comfortable with it protected.
    09-17-12 09:15 AM
    What screen protector are you guys talking about? The plastic shell of the Otterbox?
    oxymoron69 likes this.
    09-17-12 09:31 AM
    theres a plastic screen attached to the otterbox case. that just floats over the pb screen to protect it and grit and dirt get in between the two after a while
    09-17-12 09:56 AM
    theres a plastic screen attached to the otterbox case. that just floats over the pb screen to protect it and grit and dirt get in between the two after a while
    I'm beginning to think that either the Otterbox case has expanded just a bit or the pb rubber case has shrunk a bit so that debris can get into the speaker areas. I wonder if a very thin layer of silicon glue/sealer rimming those speaker openings might create a gasket in that area to prevent entry of gunk.
    09-17-12 11:20 AM
    I use one on my PB and 9900.

Reveiwed here: [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42Ce0ZWIDfk&feature=plcp[/YT]
    esk369 likes this.
    09-17-12 11:33 AM
    I'm beginning to think that either the Otterbox case has expanded just a bit or the pb rubber case has shrunk a bit so that debris can get into the speaker areas. I wonder if a very thin layer of silicon glue/sealer rimming those speaker openings might create a gasket in that area to prevent entry of gunk.
    I think that's spot on been thinking about that as I said earlier in this thread the olny thing that could make the obd better is dust waterproofing or at least resistance.
    Might have to play around with some silicone but spot on with the gasket idea.
    09-17-12 11:34 AM
    Good stuff chopper110 its a great case been using since 1st week I got my pb being in the construction business I can't go without it.
    09-17-12 11:49 AM
    An eBay seller just listed over ten new Otterbox Defenders for $25 with free US shipping with a Make An Offer Option.

Posted from Crackberry.com App for Android
    TommyBB likes this.
    09-17-12 02:06 PM
    You know as great as the obd is when I get home from work I like the feel of a naked pb in my hands... just feels right yup just feels right man.
    Somtimes the gf looks at me like I'm crazy lol.
    09-17-12 02:19 PM
    You know as great as the obd is when I get home from work I like the feel of a naked pb in my hands... just feels right yup just feels right man.
    Somtimes the gf looks at me like I'm crazy lol.
    I agree. I own several PlayBooks. The one I use at home is always naked...not even a screen protector. I love the Otterbox, but only for the PlayBooks I keep in the car and in my plane.
    09-17-12 02:41 PM
    An eBay seller just listed over ten new Otterbox Defenders for $25 with free US shipping with a Make An Offer Option.

Posted from Crackberry.com App for Android
    I just bagged two for 22.50 each!

Regarding the dust between the screen and the Otterbox screen protector...I have never had a dust problem and I have two of my three PB's with OB cases, screen protector attached.
    09-17-12 02:48 PM
    I just bagged two for 22.50 each!

Regarding the dust between the screen and the Otterbox screen protector...I have never had a dust problem and I have two of my three PB's with OB cases, screen protector attached.
    Let me guess. You offered $20...the seller made a counter offer of $22.50? I sure do love eBay. Did you notice that the same seller has some PlayBook woodgrain colored skins? I've never seen those skins before.
    09-17-12 03:23 PM
    Let me guess. You offered $20...the seller made a counter offer of $22.50? I sure do love eBay. Did you notice that the same seller has some PlayBook woodgrain colored skins? I've never seen those skins before.
    The way Fleabay works...seller sets a minimum best offer and then the buyer makes his offer. If its below his minimum asking its rejected. You need to hit his minimum or higher to win. 20 was my first and 22.50 got me approved. How can I go wrong for to OB's, 45 shipped to my door?

I didn't bother looking at the other stuff. Woodgrain on my PB not my thing. My wife does the furniture shopping...
    09-17-12 03:52 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD