Today I downloaded OsmAnd and the California maps...Gps worked on the Playbook without an active internet connection. App was downloaded from Blackberry World free of charge. You get 10 free downloads and I used 2. One for the 300+MB California maps and one is I suppose the default World Map that gets downloaded with the first one you choose...After you use up those 10 there is a $6.99 paid OsmAnd app that I think gives you unlimited States and other areas.
    04-07-14 03:12 AM
    Interesting. Thanks for the information.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    04-07-14 05:13 AM
    FWIW, downloading a voice pack for voice assisted navigation also (I think) counts as a download. Also note that TTS voice packs seem to work better than the recorded packs. Lastly, I'll just mention that there is a way around the 10 download limit for the free version, but since I think that outlining such things on this forum might be frowned upon, I'll just say that a little creative thinking and maybe you'll figure out how.
    04-07-14 05:18 AM
    FWIW, downloading a voice pack for voice assisted navigation also (I think) counts as a download. Also note that TTS voice packs seem to work better than the recorded packs. Lastly, I'll just mention that there is a way around the 10 download limit for the free version, but since I think that outlining such things on this forum might be frowned upon, I'll just say that a little creative thinking and maybe you'll figure out how.
    heheheh...I may need to do this in future but I'm good with 10 so far
    04-07-14 12:56 PM
    As long as you and I try out an app and are allowed 10 state downloads (okay 8 states and a voice and world default map) and are happy with the app...$7 is okay by me to add all the rest...Thomas Guides are $20? ...for EACH COUNTY!

Trusted Member Genius
    04-08-14 01:54 AM
    Sounds like you have the setup I'm wanting. I have read countless threads on various forums about everything related to, ie: GPS/Maps/Nav/Trial tracking/Satellite/with or without cell service etc. etc. but no good positive feedback using BB Z10 with or with a Playbook. So it's good to hear that your combination apps work. I'll keep watching for a deal on a Playbook.
    Ken
    05-17-14 04:28 PM