gunna guess nov 8th, it'll be an awesome day anyway since MW3 ill be released. OS 2.0 would be the cherry on top
    10-21-11 10:53 PM
    gunna guess nov 8th, it'll be an awesome day anyway since MW3 ill be released. OS 2.0 would be the cherry on top
    Could be a double red-letter day for you then? As RIM seemed to be very keen to promote the gaming potential of Playbook at DevCon, maybe MW3 on Playbook by 8th November!?

That was a joke BTW... before the flames start.

Interesting that November/early-December dates seem to be frequently mentioned. The cat agrees with that and reckons that only a total marketing klutz would deliberately miss the Xmas market. Guess we'll see.
    10-22-11 04:44 AM
    With the Innovation Forums being held in November it would seem that it would either have to be out before all of them are held or after. So I don't believe dropping it mid November is a safe bet. Plus with RIM's track record I would be more likely to guess that it will be out after all of the Innovation Forums. So it likely could be at CES in January. It would be horrible if this were true.

I would love to say November 1st 2011 but I think it will be December 6th 2011

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-11 05:31 AM
    another for Jan 10...
    Ah, what year?
    10-22-11 09:38 AM
    With the Innovation Forums being held in November it would seem that it would either have to be out before all of them are held or after. So I don't believe dropping it mid November is a safe bet. Plus with RIM's track record I would be more likely to guess that it will be out after all of the Innovation Forums. So it likely could be at CES in January. It would be horrible if this were true.

Yeah, that was my thought as well. I'm attended the TO event on Nov 16 (near the tail end). I would like to see it by Nov 1, but it realistically won't come out until Dec 1.

I would love to say November 1st 2011 but I think it will be December 6th 2011

10-22-11 09:53 AM
    Has RIM permitted submission of android apps yet? If they haven't, your timeline is wrong.
    10-22-11 01:02 PM
    Has RIM permitted submission of android apps yet? If they haven't, your timeline is wrong.
    So... your selected date would be, what?

First prize is a catnip mouse* - you know you want it!!!

EDIT: Me and the cat just finished watching the CrackBerry podcast on the News page. The part where everyone is trying to hide their disappointment over the DevCon "was that it?" lack of announcements and the absence of "leapfrogging" hype is really rather sad. Like when a loved one fouls up and you can't bring yourself to say it.

Their consensus seems to be that CES is RIM's final (final, final... yeah, we really mean final, absolutely final, this time... finally) chance to deliver.

So I'll put CrackBerry Kevin down for January 10th 2012.

* Catnip mouse -absence from cat drool not guaranteed.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 10-22-11 at 03:40 PM.
    10-22-11 03:22 PM
    I would bet mid to late February. A couple of reasons why:
    • I suspect it'll take at least that long to get PIM on the BlackBerry with backend support
    • Stage 3D will not be available until AIR 3.1, which is supposed (!!) to be released early next year
    10-22-11 03:31 PM
    Next Summer

LOL!!!!
    10-22-11 03:33 PM
    My guess: April 1st, 2012 for obvious reasons.
    10-22-11 03:37 PM
    I'll be attending CES, and if they wait until then, I'm going straight to the RIM exhibit and punching an executive in the face.

My hopeful guess is 11/22/11
    10-22-11 04:18 PM
    Here's how I think things will progress.

A 2 week period of the DevBeta to get some apps ported.

A consumer Beta released for Beta Zone members (why else have us register our PINs there?).

Full release mid November.

We'll see, obviously, but this is my guess.

edit: To comply with JeepBBs made up rule, consumer Beta October 28th, Full release November 15th.
    I hope your right! thats my birthday, and it would be a great birthday gift
    10-22-11 04:24 PM
    I'll be attending CES, and if they wait until then, I'm going straight to the RIM exhibit and punching an executive in the face.

My hopeful guess is 11/22/11
    Are you planning on videoing it with the front or rear camera?
    10-22-11 05:12 PM
    If this were any other company I would say Late November/Early December, but with their reputation for delays it'll be lucky to be released by March.
    10-22-11 09:12 PM
    This was a response from a friend of mine with Mr. Saunders.
    Sorry, but no exact date. probably before or mid November.

2011-10-22_1633 - sdatta27's library
    JeepBB and ferganer like this.
    10-22-11 09:30 PM
    I was hoping it would be in november but after devcon I dont think that we will be seeing os 2 until next year.
    10-22-11 10:24 PM
    This was a response from a friend of mine with Mr. Saunders.
    Sorry, but no exact date. probably before or mid November.

2011-10-22_1633 - sdatta27's library
    dejavu. "later this summer" is now "later this fall"
    10-22-11 10:29 PM
    My guess is no OS2 will ever come out. RIMM will be bought and changed into another operating system.
    Last edited by wtom95831; 10-22-11 at 10:55 PM.
    10-22-11 10:52 PM
    My guess - Nov 22, 2011

- and to add to this... RIM won't do anything special to attract attention to their new added features... I mean common... Apple adds 5 noticeable features and announces to the world that they added 200!?! And the whole world says "oh hey, did you hear iOS5 has 200 new features!??". RIM will add hundreds of features (cause there is seriously that many missing)... Not say boo... And the whole world will say "yeah I heard playbook was missing features tho"... Classic RIM.

They'll release it in the same fashion they did the 9900...

10-22-11 11:27 PM
    meantime what are we going to do with this pb....... ..
    10-23-11 02:26 AM
    meantime what are we going to do with this pb....... ..
    Nooooooo!!!

There are zillion other threads that argue that point, often fiercely, so let's keep this thread focused on our guesses for OS2 general release.

What I'm going to do a bit later is crank some numbers. My old Maths teacher would scream at me about sample sizes and stuff... but I didn't listen then either. No matter, I have the cat to help figure out where the decimal point should go.
    10-23-11 03:25 AM
    Well... the cat has checked my maths and here's the result (drum roll please!)

The mean of those dates seems to come out as 16th December 2011.

Including the (hopefully pessimistic) 6th April 2014 date pulls it out to 3rd January 2012 - a week before CES!

It'll be interesting to see if Mr Galton is right (see post #2 in this thread) though the sample size (48) is probably still too small for this to be statistically "valid".

The cat is a bit disgruntled that his date hasn't come up, and the winner might have some difficulty getting the prize as he's slunk away with the catnip mouse.
    ekafara and ms monster like this.
    10-23-11 05:09 AM
    I cracked the code. RIM has been hinting at it, but the truth is the BB tablet OS is actually android with QNX sandboxed within it. Now Android does everything.
    Zetti likes this.
    10-23-11 06:04 AM
    My guess is that it has to come out before black friday if they want any holiday sales.
    10-23-11 07:39 AM
    I have to agree with a previous post, 2.0 will not be released. It has been a 'drop' for testing. RIM is primarily interested in porting Android apps as quickly as possible. The android app player is only proving to cause more hate and discontent. Basic native apps will come in a couple weeks, but don't expect much more. When RIM gets rid of enough PB inventory, a 3g/4 model will come out. Then we will see some big OS changes.
    10-23-11 09:22 AM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD