Does anyone know if OS 2.0 will include DLNA certification for the PlayBook so it'll work better for home audio/video streaming?

And what about A2DP support for bluetooth headsets, speakers etc.?

(Can I please have some troll-free responses from folks that might know something instead of idle speculation or outright trollishness?)
    01-04-12 01:03 PM
    There's already some in-progress A2DP support in the 2.0 beta, so we can speculate with some degree of hope that it will be available in the 2.0 release (but no guarantees).

There are no signs of DLNA anywhere, as far as I know, and no official statements relating to it being in 2.0. I think someone from RIM did once say it would be along eventually, but I don't recall the context and I wouldn't count on it for 2.0. Actually, I wouldn't count on almost anything for 2.0, to avoid disappointment. Assume you get the native PIM and not much else and you're set for some nice surprises.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-04-12 01:07 PM
    Agreed. I hate to ask but is Playbook pretty much the only tablet on market without A2DP? Especially if it has a 'Play' factor on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-12 06:09 PM
    I thought A2DP is already in the developer beta (hopefully it wouldn`t be ripped out before final release). http://crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-a2dp
    01-05-12 06:16 PM
    Agreed. I hate to ask but is Playbook pretty much the only tablet on market without A2DP? Especially if it has a 'Play' factor on it.

I'm from Brasil and even I know that the name comes from that notebook football couches use to plan the team's strategy for the games...

A2DP is already there in the beta 2.0, and we know they have a lot more ready that wom't make it into the beta. DLNA may as well be one of tbese unannounced features...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-05-12 06:21 PM
    OK guys thanks for the info. I was thinking of getting my daughter a bluetooth headset to pair with her PB... for her birthday in February.

Sounds like its a sure thing for OS2.

DLNA - man I hope they include it cuz I understand the device itself would qualify... they just need to complete the "certification" process and like the other guy said, is it the only high-end tablet without DLNA???

I just got a WDTV "media-center" - man is it sweet. It can connect with other DLNA devices on my home wifi. Would be nice to link it up with the PB.
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 01-05-12 at 06:31 PM.
    01-05-12 06:27 PM

ipad has it but it rarely works! At least for me anyways.
    01-05-12 06:30 PM
    According to this article, Mike said it is "coming very soon"

BlackBerry PlayBook DLNA Media Streaming Certification Coming Soon - BerryReview

No, I'm not a troll, that was a tr-lol...
    01-05-12 07:14 PM
    thx scionic,

I knew I had heard that somewhere. Based on Lazaridis' commitment at launch time in April, I'd say DLNA will be in OS2 in February. Man I'll be disappointed if not.
    01-05-12 07:19 PM
    i'm assuming that dlna will be included in Os2 , because of the fact the bb video store will be included, it only makes since to have the ability to stream wirelessly to a tv
    01-13-12 06:19 PM
    It will be critical for Cyclone (the set-top-box) to have DLNA, so we may not see it until that product hits the shelves. Presumably Playbook would get it at that time too, if not sooner.
    01-13-12 07:27 PM
    I have these from Rocketfish paired with both my PC and my Playbook..

Great for movies and playing N.O.V.A 2 HD.. No issues..

01-13-12 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD