Interesting that you trimmed your original stance:

To:

In other words, you went from "no one needs anything" to "prove how a PlayBook is a necessity for you." I never said the PlayBook is a necessity for me, nor will I attempt to prove to you that it is. What I did say way you are in no position to determine for anyone else what is needed and what is not.

You don't stand in line for the latest electronic gadget and you have so much intestinal fortitude that you can muster up the willpower to casually visit the game store days after everyone else. Ok. That's not nearly as impressive as you want it to be. Your choices in life aren't the basis on which the rest of us should live, despite your self-centered belief that you are the master of reason.

You paint a picture of yourself as a god among men and it's disturbing. Look at those pathetic mortals scurrying around like ants. Mindless fools! What a stimulating existence it would be if the common man was as intelligent and savvy as me. Unbelievable. I've got nothing further to add since we are detracting from the point of this thread. I will therefore end my participation in this discussion.

Wow.. the extent you will go to prove absolutely nothing is amazing, even to the point of trying to twist my words.... Nothing was trimmed, the discussion was PlayBook, the "or any tablet" was a generalization, and if you are so hung hung up on specific words or wording, your quote is totally inaccurate as I never said "no one needs anything."

I am surely in a position to say whatever I want on whatever topic within the guidelines of decency and decorum in this forum. As I am not a moderator and neither are you, perhaps you should take a second and realize that by arguing that I am in no position to voice my opinion on necessity, YOU ARE IN NO POSITION TO TELL ME HOW OR WHAT I SHOULD THINK ABOUT YOUR POSITION ON NECESSITY. Works both ways buddy.

Continuing on the necessity topic, it would be foolish to attempt to do something that cannot be done, so an excellent move on your part to clear that up. Bravo!

I am not trying to impress a single person here, after all this is still the Internet... it is not reality. I choose not to throw my money around like a juvenile and then start crying when I don't like where it lands. You call it intestinal fortitude, I call it maturity, and it has done well for me so far. But feel free to consider yourself a pathetic mortal, mindless fool and a common man as you so eloquently described. I don't like to go the name calling route by principle, but sometimes I do for effect.

I suspect that you will not leave this discussion as you stated... Looking forward to your next reply, but please get the quotes right next time. And you should work on your self-esteem.
    12-30-11 10:24 AM
    I forgot what the topic of this thread was... OS2 something?
    12-30-11 10:25 AM
    I am not trying to impress a single person here, after all this is still the Internet... it is not reality. I choose not to throw my money around like a juvenile and then start crying when I don't like where it lands. You call it intestinal fortitude, I call it maturity, and it has done well for me so far. But feel free to consider yourself a pathetic mortal, mindless fool and a common man as you so eloquently described. I don't like to go the name calling route by principle, but sometimes I do for effect.
    People looking for stuff and improvements lands on "immature" status. Everyone looking forward to OS 2.0 release bought a wrong product. If you're not happy with a browser only on a PB you're throwing money around. I guess no one should be here if all are mature like you.
    12-30-11 10:38 AM
    Not at all, but I'll say it again... If there are features in any device that you consider important enough that you consider them essential, and the repeated requests for Kindle, Skype, Netflix, email, etc defines their importance in my opinion, and a device is released that DOES NOT have those features, THEN WHY BUY IT? I say either wait until it has the features you feel you need and then buy it or spend your money on the device that DOES have the features you want. Other than that, it's buy at your own risk. I bought my PlayBook because it had the features I WANTED (note NOT NEEDED), in a size I LIKED (note NOT NEEDED), at a price that was less than half of the competition (NEEDED BECAUSE IT ALLOWED ME TO BUY 2 WITHOUT A SEIZURE). Did we need PlayBooks? NO! I have a 2 year old BlackBerrry and a 1 year old laptop, they get the job done. Now if and when an update comes with the functionality that many are hoping for, I will definitely take advantage of it. Like I said before, in the meantime, I will enjoy what IT DOES, not be mad about WHAT IT DOESN"T. If OS2 comes without the email, Kindle, Skype, Netflix, bag of jellybeans, then what? Accept that decision and carry on or begin the demands for OS3?

On an unrelated note: Has anyone noticed it is so much easier to text and drive on the PlayBook than on a phone....? How about we throw in a voice app too.
    12-30-11 12:01 PM
    Not at all, but I'll say it again... If there are features in any device that you consider important enough that you consider them essential, and the repeated requests for Kindle, Skype, Netflix, email, etc defines their importance in my opinion, and a device is released that DOES NOT have those features, THEN WHY BUY IT? I say either wait until it has the features you feel you need and then buy it or spend your money on the device that DOES have the features you want. Other than that, it's buy at your own risk. I bought my PlayBook because it had the features I WANTED (note NOT NEEDED), in a size I LIKED (note NOT NEEDED), at a price that was less than half of the competition (NEEDED BECAUSE IT ALLOWED ME TO BUY 2 WITHOUT A SEIZURE). Did we need PlayBooks? NO! I have a 2 year old BlackBerrry and a 1 year old laptop, they get the job done. Now if and when an update comes with the functionality that many are hoping for, I will definitely take advantage of it. Like I said before, in the meantime, I will enjoy what IT DOES, not be mad about WHAT IT DOESN"T. If OS2 comes without the email, Kindle, Skype, Netflix, bag of jellybeans, then what? Accept that decision and carry on or begin the demands for OS3?

On an unrelated note: Has anyone noticed it is so much easier to text and drive on the PlayBook than on a phone....? How about we throw in a voice app too.
    If RIM advertised PB saying it WILL NEVER have those features most people would not have bought it. It's a tablet PC, not a portable web browser.

No one in the world today NEEDS a tablet PC.
    12-30-11 01:07 PM

On an unrelated note: Has anyone noticed it is so much easier to text and drive on the PlayBook than on a phone....?
    More signs of your intelligence? Do you find it easier to drink whisky from a Mason jug while driving compared to the regular 26 ounce bottle too? If you want to off yourself that's no business of mine, but others on the road shouldn't have the decision made by you.

How about we throw in a voice app too.
    Sorry, wrong device/platform. I've got that on a different one already. Works brilliantly.
    12-30-11 01:16 PM
    If RIM advertised PB saying it WILL NEVER have those features most people would not have bought it. It's a tablet PC, not a portable web browser.

No one in the world today NEEDS a tablet PC.
    Blasphemy!!!

Typed from my PlayBook in the Burger King drive-thru.
    12-30-11 01:26 PM
    How can you possibly be so arrogant as to believe you know what each and every one of us needs? Unreal. Technology evolves and so do many of us. Some, like yourself, seem to be stuck (or left behind) and turn that situation into an opportunity to laugh at others for their "dependence" on technology. Some people don't need any of this stuff. Some do. Despite your belief to the contrary, you don't get to define what each of us needs.

Luckily you're not the status quo, right? The way in which you look down on all of us pitiful fools for wanting tablets and smartphones while you sit perched on your high horse of technological independence is truly amazing. If we could only be as worldly and all-knowing as you, we would be so much better that we are right now, I'm sure. At least that's what you want us to believe. So smug in your knowledge that you are free of the chains that so many of us struggle with on a daily basis. Must be nice to be you. Must be so refreshing to know that you aren't burdened as so many of us apparently are with material items.

I assume, then, that you also recognize you don't need a car, or a house, or clothes... which means that you are sitting in the woods, naked as a jay bird, while hammering out your comments on a slate of stone, right?

Or perhaps you're just a tad bit out of touch and presumptuous.

Or, everyone has a different snooze button.
    12-30-11 01:31 PM
    More signs of your intelligence? Do you find it easier to drink whisky from a Mason jug while driving compared to the regular 26 ounce bottle too? If you want to off yourself that's no business of mine, but others on the road shouldn't have the decision made by you.
    Momma was right.... There is one born every minute. You've just been punked...! Remember, the internet is not reality!
    12-30-11 01:36 PM
    Santa has an ETA of 364 or 365 days and I'll bet he arrives first!

I am still cracking up from this!
    12-30-11 08:05 PM
    Have you the crackberry app on your playbook ? I found some more wallpapers using that app. I added a pretty cool carbon fiber wallpaper.
    does it still do that weird stretch thing?
    12-30-11 08:11 PM
    does it still do that weird stretch thing?
    I'm not aware of any stretching. I do know there are two versions of the carbon fiber. I downloaded the newer one. I like the all black look of it. When I hook up the PB to the TV, I can see the carbon fiber pattern. On the PB it looks like it's just black. To me anyway
    12-30-11 11:15 PM

You don't stand in line for the latest electronic gadget and you have so much intestinal fortitude that you can muster up the willpower to casually visit the game store days after everyone else. Ok. That's not nearly as impressive as you want it to be. Your choices in life aren't the basis on which the rest of us should live, despite your self-centered belief that you are the master of reason.

You paint a picture of yourself as a god among men and it's disturbing. Look at those pathetic mortals scurrying around like ants. Mindless fools! What a stimulating existence it would be if the common man was as intelligent and savvy as me. Unbelievable. I've got nothing further to add since we are detracting from the point of this thread. I will therefore end my participation in this discussion.
    hmm.. I'm unsure. He kinda does come across as a teeny bit arrogant but OTOH I'm very much in agreement with his style for buying toys because I'm exactly the same way and I have to admit it's very effective. But I read his post your reply refers to and I don't see the arrogance being quite as heavy as your above critique makes it out to be. I can respect a modest amount of arrogance (pardon the oxymoron) if the person has a good point and it's not lathered on too thick. But the forums are a fickle creature and I may even end up subjecting him to my arrogant signature some day too
    12-31-11 12:41 AM
    Arrogance is a dish best served in a forum...
    12-31-11 06:30 AM
    chirp chirp

chirp chirp
    01-16-12 05:14 PM
190 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD