Thanks. It looks legitimate. Would have fooled me:

aMail � Email for Playbook | AiFlex � Development Studio
    Its long but worth a 5 minute browse thru
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ad-now-619466/
    12-29-11 02:01 PM
    I can see a market for business and media specific apps but fail fail to understand the need for a email client.

Am I missing something?
    12-29-11 04:02 PM
    I can see a market for business and media specific apps but fail fail to understand the need for a email client.

Am I missing something?
    Well, what you are missing are the already dozens (well, a number if not dozens) of threads thrashing this issue out. There are those that want or even NEED an email client, those who do not want one and those somewhere in the middle. Summary - bbphones do not get everyone's email. Some email does not have a web client. Therefore, email client is necessary.
    12-29-11 04:16 PM
    It depends on your use and situation. I want a local email client to be able to download my emails and disconnect when I am away. I leave a copy on the server and it will be picked up by my home email so I will still collect everything in one place but will have a local copy should I need to do something with it later. I don't have a phone with email so the PB is my only storage device.
    12-29-11 04:17 PM

Am I missing something?
    If you have never used one, you may not realize a need for it. What do you then you'd do to read emails? Don't tell me to use a browser, that we know already.

Email is one of the most common use of a computing device in a workplace. Is that good enough answer for you?
    12-29-11 04:40 PM
    It still makes me smile when someone says they want a Kindle app... Not that there's a Kindle tablet on the market or anything...

We nuked Japan without an email client, we put men on the moon without an email client, and then some poor middle management lackey can't find his way to his cubicle without an email client... Sad.
    hpjrt likes this.
    12-29-11 08:10 PM
    It still makes me smile when someone says they want a Kindle app... Not that there's a Kindle tablet on the market or anything...

We nuked Japan without an email client, we put men on the moon without an email client, and then some poor middle management lackey can't find his way to his cubicle without an email client... Sad.
    I need a Kindle app and I have one (Android) on my PB. Geez many people here think it's dumb if he/she doesn't need it.

What you're saying is essentially we don't need anything at all. You're right, we don't need any of these toys, or even computers, to do anything.

I don't see what you're trying to get at though.
    12-29-11 09:37 PM
    We certainly didn't make it to the moon with the attitude that whatever we happen to have in hand is good enough. We made it to the moon by pushing our engineering *beyond* what others had at the time.

I don't know you can possibly have used a native email client for a day (or even one flight) and not want one on your tablet. Just because the almighty RIM hasn't made one *yet*, doesn't mean it's useless.
    FF22, howarmat and JeepBB like this.
    12-29-11 09:51 PM
    I need a Kindle app and I have one (Android) on my PB. Geez many people here think it's dumb if he/she doesn't need it.

What you're saying is essentially we don't need anything at all. You're right, we don't need any of these toys, or even computers, to do anything.

I don't see what you're trying to get at though.

I'll try to go slower this time...

Listening to the complaints I've heard about Kindle on the PlayBook is like if someone were to complain about not being able to get OnStar in their new Ford. Or The Sunday Ticket on Dish Network. Dammit, why can't I go in a McDonalds and get a Whopper the way I want it?!?

If a Kindle app is so important to you, maybe it should have BOUGHT A KINDLE! I'm going to find me an Android forum to see if they are over there complaining about how they can't get a native BBM app. Maybe the iPad3 will have BlackBerry Bridge...

BTW, you don't NEED jack. You don't need a PlayBook or any tablet, none of us do.None of us even need smartphones. it wasn't that long ago where if you had a beeper, you were a big baller. Technology has become crutch and a bridge to the status quo. So yes, I sit here at my PC, with my BlackBerry and my PlayBook right in front of me and I laugh... because some of you may have the same toys as me and some of you may have better toys than me, but I'm enjoying the out of what they do right now, which for me means they were a damn good investment. Maybe I'm smarter, since I did my homework on the product prior to purchase, the things I KNEW it didn't do or the things I KNEW it didn't do well, were not important to me. If they were, I WOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT IT!!!! Ignorance is bliss.

Sorry, but I did not realize that concept was so difficult.

Aloha.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    12-29-11 10:27 PM
    I'll try to go slower this time...

Listening to the complaints I've heard about Kindle on the PlayBook is like if someone were to complain about not being able to get OnStar in their new Ford. Or The Sunday Ticket on Dish Network. Dammit, why can't I go in a McDonalds and get a Whopper the way I want it?!?

If a Kindle app is so important to you, maybe it should have BOUGHT A KINDLE! I'm going to find me an Android forum to see if they are over there complaining about how they can't get a native BBM app. Maybe the iPad3 will have BlackBerry Bridge...

BTW, you don't NEED jack. You don't need a PlayBook or any tablet, none of us do.None of us even need smartphones. it wasn't that long ago where if you had a beeper, you were a big baller. Technology has become crutch and a bridge to the status quo. So yes, I sit here at my PC, with my BlackBerry and my PlayBook right in front of me and I laugh... because some of you may have the same toys as me and some of you may have better toys than me, but I'm enjoying the out of what they do right now, which for me means they were a damn good investment. Maybe I'm smarter, since I did my homework on the product prior to purchase, the things I KNEW it didn't do or the things I KNEW it didn't do well, were not important to me. If they were, I WOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT IT!!!! Ignorance is bliss.

Sorry, but I did not realize that concept was so difficult.

Aloha.
    Here we go again. If all you need is a browser and be happy with it, so be it. Don't try to force that upon others. Being a tablet, people do have certain expectations. You buy a Toshiba laptop computer expecting you'd be able to run what you saw on HP laptop, don't you?

Sure, I could have bought a Kindle, I almost have. I chose PB because it can do more. If you tell people go buy stuff because PB doesn't support it or have it, who's going to buy PB? Do you honestly believe that's going to help RIM or other PB users?
    12-29-11 10:45 PM
    Here we go again.
    You will accept exactly what is on your RIM branded device, and you will like it!
    12-29-11 10:49 PM
    You will accept exactly what is on your RIM branded device, and you will like it!
    You are holding your phone wrong. You will accept that you need to hold your iOS branded device in the manner WE have chosen for you; you will be glad to do so. So let be written. So let it be done.

jjca likes this.
    12-29-11 10:54 PM
    You are holding your phone wrong. You will accept that you need to hold your iOS branded device in the manner WE have chosen for you; you will be glad to do so. So let be written. So let it be done.

Touche!
    12-29-11 11:18 PM
    Here we go again. If all you need is a browser and be happy with it, so be it. Don't try to force that upon others. Being a tablet, people do have certain expectations. You buy a Toshiba laptop computer expecting you'd be able to run what you saw on HP laptop, don't you?
    Maybe, but if I knew the Toshiba didn't do it, what sense would it make to buy it anyway and then complain that Toshiba needs to make it like the HP? And then say "I need the HP's features, but I'll buy the Toshiba and wait for an update." I'm not forcing anything. Maybe I'm just another person that's fed up with the little spoiled children demanding satisfaction for their 'needs'. HERE WE GO AGAIN? YES! If you have expectations, and a product doesn't meet them..... DON'T BUY IT! Money talks! Some people bought the PlayBook when it first came out. A bunch of people bought the PlayBook when the price was reduced. Now the price has been reduced again and is even cheaper! RIM has your money. The PlayBooks have been sold. And every single one of them were sold without a native email app, without Netflix, without Kindle, without Skype, without a whole bunch of things! But the keyword is SOLD. And they were.

I'll give you a choice of 3 phrases and you pick the one which you think will get the desired result:

1. "Dear Mr. RIM, I bought a 32GB PlayBook back in April for $600 instead of paying my rent, and now all these newbies are getting it for less than $300. So when am I going to get my OS2? I swear after my next upgrade, I'm done with you. Typed from my PlayBook using WiFi stolen from my neighbor, Bob."

2. "Dear Mr. RIM, I just bought a 32GB PlayBook for $250 (which apparently is below your cost) and I really want more apps, a native email client and Netflix and Skype support. Can I have this next week? Thank you very much. Goodbye."

3. "Dear Mr. RIM, in spite of your recent price reductions, the lack of certain functions common in other devices, specifically, native email, integrated social media applications such as Skype, and streaming media provided by Netflix, have made your device, the BlackBerry PlayBook, an unattractive item for consumers. I will not be purchasing the PlayBook nor will I recommend the purchase to any of my colleagues until these deficiencies have been addressed and remedied. Your device is significantly handicapped by these omissions, and it speaks nothing short of arrogance and procrastination to delay the updates required to compete in today's market. Sincerely, Verbose in Georgia, Esq.

P.S. I don't need Kindle but my wife does, so fix that too."

hehehehe
    Last edited by RUFFSTUFF1; 12-29-11 at 11:26 PM.
    swiftex likes this.
    12-29-11 11:22 PM
    eta hmm. not really good on eta's is rim right.
    well we'll wait.
    swiftex and mariobastros like this.
    12-29-11 11:32 PM
    3. "Dear Mr. RIM, in spite of your recent price reductions, the lack of certain functions common in other devices, specifically, native email, integrated social media applications such as Skype, and streaming media provided by Netflix, have made your device, the BlackBerry PlayBook, an unattractive item for consumers. I will not be purchasing the PlayBook nor will I recommend the purchase to any of my colleagues until these deficiencies have been addressed and remedied. Your device is significantly handicapped by these omissions, and it speaks nothing short of arrogance and procrastination to delay the updates required to compete in today's market. Sincerely, Verbose in Georgia, Esq.
    You did pretty well with Number 3. Word of mouth does help sell all of these devices. That and technical reviews. Those have been absolutely splendid you will note. That's why the tablet is still selling so well at its original retail prices. That and the fact that the CEO's managed to strongly promise that native email was coming shortly - not in 10 months.

I'm sure that your view prevails which is why, oh, about 1/2 million of rim's 75 million users have adopted this wonderful slab of tech goodies.

Yup, rim shareholders are laughing all the way to the bank because the tablet is such a hot commodity.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-30-11 12:14 AM
    Dunno if anyone said this yet. But I would like an improvement for wallpapers. More options would be nice.
    12-30-11 12:56 AM
    You did pretty well with Number 3. Word of mouth does help sell all of these devices. That and technical reviews. Those have been absolutely splendid you will note. That's why the tablet is still selling so well at its original retail prices. That and the fact that the CEO's managed to strongly promise that native email was coming shortly - not in 10 months.

I'm sure that your view prevails which is why, oh, about 1/2 million of rim's 75 million users have adopted this wonderful slab of tech goodies.

Yup, rim shareholders are laughing all the way to the bank because the tablet is such a hot commodity.
    Take a chill pill man. I'm using the tablet OS2.

I can't wait until they get the foundation of this tablet in place (sorted). Also, figure out the direction of use.

In particular, the bridge concept with the tablet and OS7 devices makes for a formidable tool for someone on the go that needs the organizational prowess of the Blackberry brand.

If I want to watch a movie I have a 50" plasma. I have a nice Totem & Arcam home theater set-up.

So, business, world news feeds, email(reliable). I'm cool enough to get laid with the tablet speakers and 9810's music library.

I think RIM's headed in the right direction and hope they can weather the naysayers long enough to get a few notches on the belt.
    12-30-11 12:57 AM
    Dunno if anyone said this yet. But I would like an improvement for wallpapers. More options would be nice.

Have you the crackberry app on your playbook ? I found some more wallpapers using that app. I added a pretty cool carbon fiber wallpaper.
    spike12 likes this.
    12-30-11 01:47 AM
    BTW, you don't NEED jack. You don't need a PlayBook or any tablet, none of us do.None of us even need smartphones. it wasn't that long ago where if you had a beeper, you were a big baller.
    How can you possibly be so arrogant as to believe you know what each and every one of us needs? Unreal. Technology evolves and so do many of us. Some, like yourself, seem to be stuck (or left behind) and turn that situation into an opportunity to laugh at others for their "dependence" on technology. Some people don't need any of this stuff. Some do. Despite your belief to the contrary, you don't get to define what each of us needs.

Technology has become crutch and a bridge to the status quo.
    Luckily you're not the status quo, right? The way in which you look down on all of us pitiful fools for wanting tablets and smartphones while you sit perched on your high horse of technological independence is truly amazing. If we could only be as worldly and all-knowing as you, we would be so much better that we are right now, I'm sure. At least that's what you want us to believe. So smug in your knowledge that you are free of the chains that so many of us struggle with on a daily basis. Must be nice to be you. Must be so refreshing to know that you aren't burdened as so many of us apparently are with material items.

I assume, then, that you also recognize you don't need a car, or a house, or clothes... which means that you are sitting in the woods, naked as a jay bird, while hammering out your comments on a slate of stone, right?

Or perhaps you're just a tad bit out of touch and presumptuous.
    Last edited by ifarlow; 12-30-11 at 06:14 AM.
    FF22 and teknishun like this.
    12-30-11 06:10 AM
    How can you possibly be so arrogant as to believe you know what each and every one of us needs? Unreal.

It's very simple actually... If you realize that every post in this thread is the product of the poster's opinion, it should be rather easy to take when someone, or me, says that we don't NEED the items to which we have become so attached. Your mistake is that you believe that I don't like or want technology or its advancements. NOT TRUE. Here is who I am or not:

I AM NOT the guy who camps out in front of GameStop for hours in wait for the release of the newest FPS. I AM the guy who will casually stroll into the store at lunch the next day or the next week and pick one off of the shelf.

I AM NOT the guy who stands in line to buy the newest gadget of technological wizardry like a chick in a pack of ducks being tossed chunks of bread. I WILL skim through the shallow cries of their demands to form my own review of the purchase worthiness, and then pick it up when convenient.. Like when it goes on sale for half price.

I AM NOT the guy to buy a vehicle when it first comes out so it will look good in my driveway. I WILL wait until the next model year when most of the fixes have been applied.

Now, if you choose, you can share or explain how anything in or relating to the PlayBook is a NECESSITY for you.
    I doubt you will change my opinion but I'm sure it will be fun to read.
    Last edited by RUFFSTUFF1; 12-30-11 at 07:33 AM.
    12-30-11 07:28 AM
    Have you the crackberry app on your playbook ? I found some more wallpapers using that app. I added a pretty cool carbon fiber wallpaper.

Make your own! Yum.
    12-30-11 07:30 AM
    As this thread seems to have morphed into a wallpaper thread...

Making your own wallpaper from images you have/find is easy with Photoshop. Just keep in mind that the wallpaper must be 1024x1024 or it'll auto-scale in a (probably) unexpected way.

Try these links:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...es-psd-608445/ (contains excellent tutorial and photoshop template BTW)

http://wallpapers.crackberry.com/wallpaper/maker

And now, after that word from our sponsor, back to our normally scheduled service.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 12-30-11 at 08:29 AM.
    Chaddface likes this.
    12-30-11 08:25 AM
    As this thread seems to have morphed into a wallpaper thread...

Making your own wallpaper from images you have/find is easy with Photoshop. Just keep in mind that the wallpaper must be 1024x1024 or it'll auto-scale in a (probably) unexpected way.

Try these links:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...es-psd-608445/ (contains excellent tutorial and photoshop template BTW)

http://wallpapers.crackberry.com/wallpaper/maker

I used MS Paint to make a 1024x1024 black template and then PhotoShop to just copy and paste. PhotShop auto centers the pic, so save as a JPEG and your done.
    12-30-11 08:29 AM
    Interesting that you trimmed your original stance:

BTW, you don't NEED jack. You don't need a PlayBook or any tablet, none of us do.None of us even need smartphones. it wasn't that long ago where if you had a beeper, you were a big baller.
    To:

Now, if you choose, you can share or explain how anything in or relating to the PlayBook is a NECESSITY for you.
    In other words, you went from "no one needs anything" to "prove how a PlayBook is a necessity for you." I never said the PlayBook is a necessity for me, nor will I attempt to prove to you that it is. What I did say way you are in no position to determine for anyone else what is needed and what is not.

You don't stand in line for the latest electronic gadget and you have so much intestinal fortitude that you can muster up the willpower to casually visit the game store days after everyone else. Ok. That's not nearly as impressive as you want it to be. Your choices in life aren't the basis on which the rest of us should live, despite your self-centered belief that you are the master of reason.

You paint a picture of yourself as a god among men and it's disturbing. Look at those pathetic mortals scurrying around like ants. Mindless fools! What a stimulating existence it would be if the common man was as intelligent and savvy as me. Unbelievable. I've got nothing further to add since we are detracting from the point of this thread. I will therefore end my participation in this discussion.
    conix67 likes this.
    12-30-11 09:00 AM
190 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD