is there an official BB post somewhere that says what the included upgrades in OS2 will be?
    12-27-11 08:59 PM
    Living in Manhatten has made you an unhappy, cynical person hasn't it?

I think that your opinion is based not on what you "know" but on what you have read/digested. If you received it as a Christmas gift, you've probably had it for a week and yet you dismiss it out of hand.

I personally find the Playbook to be fast and quite handy. I've shot videos on it, watched TV on it streamed from Canadian stations, caught up on the news of the world all on my own timetable. I neither expected it to replace my desktop nor should it. It's a tablet!

I am still learning what can be done with this little gem - and I've had it for close to a month!

I am looking forward to the update in February. You're not.
    Meh 22 and bored in Manhattan, thats when you know you've had your fun as a kid. Don't get me wrong the OS is lovely, I just am one of those people when I don't use something for its full capability, and it has one thing that isn't good but being marketed as something like in this instance "a multitask beast" of sorts, and I guess I had time to really get picky about some of the feature set. But your talking to the wrong person in terms of tablets. I think they're pointless thats why I guess I haven't had much to say good about the Playbook. But allow me to reitterate.

The Playbook is a great device hardware wise, that alone makes it a good device persiod, whatever the OS may be lacking in terms of speed etc, is because of those flop4brains slackers at RIM arent getting the job done in terms of software implementation. I like the Playbook overall more than the iPad2 because apps dont make up the core experience of a device (aside from core features, like Playbook lacking email natively etc..), so if it does core features well, I could care less about apps and other things people are crying for. Things like Netflix/Skype need to come because they are the closest things to core apps. And a few games like Angry Birds (since everyone has fallen in love with that, and thankfully is now on the Playbook) need to come out to quell peoples 2010+ hunger for online gaming/app purchase hunger.

I see why would think I am being critical of the Playbook, but honestly it's a great device, and I like it, but like any other person, I just nitpicked. Oh and I didn't get it for Christmas, I got it as a congrats for landing a job =P
    00stryder and swiftex like this.
    12-27-11 09:12 PM
    is there an official BB post somewhere that says what the included upgrades in OS2 will be?
    nope.... just wait and see.... I know some of the stuff... some of which is already known, and some that is not known yet, and there will be some good surprises
    12-27-11 09:59 PM
    If they promise nothing for the update, then you won't be able to say that they broke any promises in February.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-27-11 10:02 PM
    nope.... just wait and see.... I know some of the stuff... some of which is already known, and some that is not known yet, and there will be some good surprises
    The first surprise will be if it actually releases sometime next year.
    nextlevel88 likes this.
    12-27-11 10:58 PM
    The first surprise will be if it actually releases sometime next year.
    *sigh* It never ends!
    12-27-11 11:47 PM
    Is DLNA coming with OS2?
    12-27-11 11:48 PM
    *sigh* It never ends!
    Did you copy/paste that from a RIM internal project plan?

Just kidding!
    12-27-11 11:51 PM
    overall I think its a very good device, specially after the beta came out, it has things that no other tablet has.

but they need to improove quickly some detailsl like:

native email (which i already have with the beta)
    better keyboard
    skype, and other video comunication software and stuff
    netflix
    maybe more games

but overall ive been learning a lot about this device, and for me its now very verstile, cause i can:

play a lot of games
    love the hd camera
    with air browser navigate trough all myfiles
    create pdf documents and scan documents with pdfcreator
    dowmloadmusic andwatch videos with vevo
    edit excell and word docs
    i believ the hardware is one of the most powerfull in a tablet
    love the size, altough i know everybody wishes it would be a little bigger
    social apps are ok, not a big fan of those
    love the os pretty much, and believe me that is better than the others, ive had an ipad and an android and this one is faster and more stable, specially when the 2.0 comes out
    i have a bb 9900 so i use thethering a lot
    12-27-11 11:55 PM
    About a week after the official announcement from BB that the OS2 would be February, I read an update that said March. Historically, BB has not met their stated release dates for the PB but a lot. If there is a shake up in the Board, they may drive a different course for the PB as well.
    12-27-11 11:58 PM
    About a week after the official announcement from BB that the OS2 would be February, I read an update that said March. Historically, BB has not met their stated release dates for the PB but a lot. If there is a shake up in the Board, they may drive a different course for the PB as well.
    curious where did you see this march update?
    12-28-11 12:15 AM
    If they promise nothing for the update, then you won't be able to say that they broke any promises in February.
    In another thread people were saying that they wanted RIM to start NOT telling what they are doing all the time and NOT keep making promises that may or may not be kept. FINALLY RIM is not saying anything (hence following the advice of so many on this forum) and now people are harping on them about not giving people a heads up and not pre-releasing stuff in the beta form ?

SERIOUSLY ?

Get over yourselves.
    just_luc likes this.
    12-28-11 12:15 AM
    We gotta Kick Out ALL these FAKE Blackberry Members! Look, WHY would i be Worried about a Native Facebook App when I can just view the ACTUAL FACEBOOK on the Web!!!? Or Care about or be Concerned with FREAKIN ORGANIZING BOOKMARKS!!!? I ,mean, are u kiddin me!? It's TOUCHSCREEN!!! SWIPE DOWN, BOOM, THERE'S YOUR BOOKMARK. I could go on and on, but TRUE Blackberry Loyals Know what I'm saying.
    Megacharge and spike12 like this.
    12-28-11 12:24 AM
    And you are basing this opinion of a lack of innovation work on ... what? Do you have any contact within the halls of Rim that you can make pronouncements on what will or won't be included?
    im just going by what RIM has announced.

BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 due in February, without stand-alone BBM

calendar/email/etc basic stuff + android player.

i'm also basing this on RIMs current track record of how they've been attempting to keep up with everyone else.

so i think its fair to assume safely that innovation-wise, people aren't expecting much from the RIM camp.

what are YOU basing these magical innovations you're expecting from RIM?
    12-28-11 12:25 AM
    We gotta Kick Out ALL these FAKE Blackberry Members! Look, WHY would i be Worried about a Native Facebook App when I can just view the ACTUAL FACEBOOK on the Web!!!? Or Care about or be Concerned with FREAKIN ORGANIZING BOOKMARKS!!!? I ,mean, are u kiddin me!? It's TOUCHSCREEN!!! SWIPE DOWN, BOOM, THERE'S YOUR BOOKMARK. I could go on and on, but TRUE Blackberry Loyals Know what I'm saying.
    This is my first BB product and if you're a ”true blackberry loyal” then I want nothing to do with this place

why would I need a calculator app when I can just go on calculator.com? and the weather app? sooo stupid... have ppl never heard of weather.com? Does it really bug you that much that people on a BB forum want improvements for the PB? So the true BB fans are 100% happy and satisfied with whatever BS it puts out there?
    Last edited by peteypistol; 12-28-11 at 12:46 AM.
    kirson likes this.
    12-28-11 12:32 AM
    You're having a laugh right?? No bookmark organizing/editing and you're telling us to forget apps and use the browser lol

That feature I am concerned with. Face puke I couldn't care less about.
    12-28-11 12:38 AM
    I doubt that they're entirely serious, but some posters here purport to be offended by any hint that the Playbook is not the best tablet in the universe, without fault, and universally prefered by all users who see it. Ignore them. As for OS2, the beta is already out. I've got it installed, and the latest flavor is good enough that the official release probably will happen--if RIM does not decide to pull the plug on the tablet business first, that is. I'm less sanguine about getting a native email program at the same time--but we'll see.
    12-28-11 01:00 AM
    WHY DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS?!

Thank you!
    You and me both! Off to try in on the PB!
    12-28-11 03:18 AM
    With RIM's track record, I would not schedule your life around this update......we have been disappointed often and I think.....when its out, its out.
    12-28-11 04:18 AM
    You hear that whirring sound?

It'll be the sound your English teacher makes as he/she spins in their grave!

Never mind. Don't you worry 'bout me... I'm just from an age when spelling and grammar mattered.
    12-28-11 04:30 AM
    The last two updates were a surprise... first one fixed bugs and added a few features... second for how quickly it came out to patch against Dingleberry...
    12-28-11 04:55 AM
    What are the KNOWN upgrades and what are the upgrades that you HOPE to see?
    If the new Playbook update is due out in 60 days, that means they will actually start working on it in 53 days.

The wait is a little long on the tooth. I bought my Playbook in April 2011 and was promised an on board email client, calendar and contacts within 60 days.

The fact that they have missed this target by 8 months suggest one of the following:

1. They don't have a clue what they are doing.
    2. QNX is a very tough OS to work with and mold into the Blackberry format.
    3. They are phasing out the Playbook and simply don't care.
    4. The software developers are being micromanaged by RIM's resident megalomaniacs.

And while the two Waterloo co-dunces work on bringing last year's tablet features to the market next year, what are they doing about cloud services?

Apple and Google have the cloud for their users. Jim and Mike, having your head in the clouds does not count.
    schiri and kirson like this.
    12-28-11 06:14 AM
    I don't know if I would be holding my breath over the timing of OS2....remember we are working on RIM time which is always expected time + some ramdom variable (say 6 to 12 months)
    12-28-11 06:24 AM
    I'm a simple guy. I never have my tablet without my phone so if I need more storage than 32GB, then that's available on the microSD on my phone. I have a Facebook app on my PB so how is it an issue at all. I use MSN, Hotmail, Gmail, etc and those are all web-based so I guess I'm very fortunate. Why does everyone want the PB to be an iPad or a Galaxy or whatever... It's a PLAYBook, not a WORKBook or a TASKBook or an APPBook or a CLOUDBook, let it be what it is. If you bought it and you don't like it, the problem is with you not the device. Next time do your homework before being the first guy in your little circle to have the newest latest TOY.
    AggreX, swiftex and just_luc like this.
    12-28-11 07:21 AM
    It's a PLAYBook, not a WORKBook or a TASKBook or an APPBook or a CLOUDBook, let it be what it is. If you bought it and you don't like it, the problem is with you not the device. Next time do your homework before being the first guy in your little circle to have the newest latest TOY.
    RIM's PlayBook Marketing Campaign: Amateur Hour Is Over

12-28-11 07:25 AM
190 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD