If there really was a waterproof tablet, I would buy it. I would be able to check my email or read some notes while I am in the Jacuzzi.
    01-17-12 02:08 AM
    If there really was a waterproof tablet, I would buy it. I would be able to check my email or read some notes while I am in the Jacuzzi.
    I already have this with a beachbuoy waterproof case, I've used mine in the bath and on a yacht when I was worried it would get splashed.

Waterproof eReader Case for eReaders and Tablets
    citystars41 likes this.
    01-17-12 02:23 AM
    For 3.0 I would like to see:

1. A multi-track recorder (at least 8 tracks) with effects (e.g. delay, flange, reverb, phase, chorus, tremolo, amp sims, etc.) and can use VST plugs as well.
    2. A wireless RF spectrum analyzer (the complete RF spectrum)
    3. An audio spectrum analyzer
    4. A thermal and x-ray camera.
    5. A counterfeit detector (money, checks, etc.).
    6. A remote control feature for my TV, computer, car, and wife.*
    7. A lie detector so I can use the PB to determine when someone is lying to me or being truthful (either live or recordings).*
    8. An app that will allow me to see into the future or past - (e.g. chronovisor).*

* = 6, 7 & 8 based on alien technology recovered from the Roswell crash in NM.
    kennyliu likes this.
    01-17-12 02:27 AM

1. A multi-track recorder (at least 8 tracks) with effects (e.g. delay, flange, reverb, phase, chorus, tremolo, amp sims, etc.) and can use VST plugs as well.
    7. A lie detector so I can use the PB to determine when someone is lying to me or being truthful (either live or recordings).*
    8. An app that will allow me to see into the future or past - (e.g. chronovisor).*

9. Port the farking flux capacitor onto the Playbook somebody, please.
    Barljo likes this.
    01-17-12 02:46 AM
    Fart app HD with odor ?

No, just a quite simple thing : a similar to the 9900 pouch case, that puts my PB on standby when inserted. See how I'm reasonable ?
    kennyliu likes this.
    01-17-12 02:58 AM
    the podcasts app works outside of the US. I use it in Canada...
    lol, US and Canada is in same region
    01-17-12 03:03 AM
    Fart app HD with odor ?

No, just a quite simple thing : a similar to the 9900 pouch case, that puts my PB on standby when inserted. See how I'm reasonable ?
    You have low standards
    01-17-12 03:03 AM
    I want to add up,3g and 4G Compatibility along with SD card slot and hard drive support
    01-17-12 03:05 AM
    You have low standards
    ... or I remember the poll made by RIM, months before OS2 beta launch, and think most of the demands will be somehow honored by core OS10 or apps (incl. Andoid's).
    P.S: Some of them are hardware ralted (LTE, 3G) so they're not in-topic for me
    Edit : and I realize, mine wasn't either !!!
    01-17-12 04:21 AM
    the current playbook os is bb 10. the next playbook os will be bb 10. bb 10 is qnx 6.5. 6.5 was released in april 2010, while the 6.x branch is at least 10 years old. qnx 4 is still in use and supported.

what you are wishing for are ui tweaks and improved/new integrated apps.
    QNX is the kernel
    Mac OSX is not FreeBSD/NetBSD, the UI, is the layer most of us care about, and the UI is what brings functionality,

PB OS2, is not BB10, they branched at different spots from the same tree, PBOS2 was developed for earlier deployment with features added that are not in the BB10 Branch, and may never get into the BB10 branch as they have different solutions,
    BB10 and PBOS2 are siblings, but they are not one in the same
    kennyliu likes this.
    01-17-12 07:34 AM
    QNX is the kernel
    Mac OSX is not FreeBSD/NetBSD, the UI, is the layer most of us care about, and the UI is what brings functionality,

PB OS2, is not BB10, they branched at different spots from the same tree, PBOS2 was developed for earlier deployment with features added that are not in the BB10 Branch, and may never get into the BB10 branch as they have different solutions,
    BB10 and PBOS2 are siblings, but they are not one in the same
    Does this mean BB10 is coming to the Playbook? I thought the idea was to have the same OS on both phones and tablets.
    01-17-12 10:46 AM
    Does this mean BB10 is coming to the Playbook? I thought the idea was to have the same OS on both phones and tablets.
    Yes BB10 will come to the playbook,
    But saying pbos2 is bb10 is flawed, bb10 is not being built off of the os2 development branch
    kennyliu likes this.
    01-17-12 11:19 AM

Don't forget the retina scanner and the holographic video chat!
    01-17-12 06:50 PM
    What about full BES support? Is that already a part of 2.0?
    01-17-12 11:36 PM
    My wishlist for OS3 is for OS2 to be released on-time
    Which time ?

I am looking for updated hardware. Second gen PB.
    01-18-12 08:07 AM
    Don't forget the retina scanner and the holographic video chat!
    Yes, of course, how could I forget!

Also, would like to add a tricorder, force field generator and invisibility cloak to the list.
    07-17-12 02:32 PM
    Allow for organization of Documents, photos, music and videos in folders and sub folders!
    07-17-12 11:11 PM
    Full USB support
    07-17-12 11:58 PM
    Just open all pdf and movies so the pb won't be an embarrassment with family. In other words be a good reader... for the price.

For the rest a Samsung tablet is in charge now.
    07-18-12 01:27 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD