Ok, I did a security wipe on the PB, and tried installing OS2. Rebooted the PB, went through the setup screens, and connected to my home wifi without any issues. But when the screen comes up to update OS, I get a message saying that internet is disconnected and update failed. Other devices on my home wifi network are working fine by the way.

So I started up desktop manager on my PC, and updated to OS2 through that method. OS2 installed, but I get a message that setup has to be completed on the PB. On rebooting the PB, it still goes to a screen that attempts to download 20mb of updates "for your region". That download consistently fails, and I can't get to the next screen. So I'm stuck. I can't go forward and I can't go back.

I've tried a new blackberry ID, and my old own, neither works.
    02-26-12 08:16 AM
    Can you get to a free wifi cafe, mcdonalds, similar place to finish the installation?

You might try powering on/off your router. Yes, the darn installation process still requires access to a working wifi to complete even after using Desktop manager.

Good luck
    02-26-12 10:14 AM
    Make sure your battery is at least 20% if not 50% for the completion of the update. Also, when turning on the PB, it does take longer for the bootup than it did on OS1.
    02-26-12 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD