Some how to questions on Bookmarks.

When I use a Bookmark the Icon changes from generic to specific. When I close the Browser, they all change back to generic, when Browser is reopened. How can I keep the specific Bookmark Icons when Browser is reopened?

How can I reorder my Bookmarks?
    02-27-12 02:03 PM
    Can you clarify what you mean when you say generic to specific? do you mean the image that displays as the icon?
    02-27-12 02:11 PM
    By specific, I mean the Icon is a miniture of the web site page.
    02-27-12 02:13 PM
    Ok, so the only way the icons go back to generic is if the cache or history is cleared or if you have private browsing enabled which will clear the cache once closed which will explain why it reverts back to generic when you re-enter the browser.
    02-27-12 02:15 PM
    WE users have no control over those Bookmark images nor the order or naming of them.
    02-27-12 04:24 PM
    Ok, so the only way the icons go back to generic is if the cache or history is cleared or if you have private browsing enabled which will clear the cache once closed which will explain why it reverts back to generic when you re-enter the browser.
    Disabling private browsing helped, only some of the icons go back to generic. Is there a way to reorder the icon bookmarks?
    02-27-12 04:41 PM
    Like F2 stated, we cannot reorder or customize the bookmarks. A work around is saving them to homepage. Than make a folder and place them into it. You will be able to move them around into a more customized order. And i believe even the mini web picture stays.
    Last edited by Hgouck; 02-27-12 at 05:38 PM.
    02-27-12 05:34 PM
    Yes, you can change the name aswell. It's a good workaround though.
    Place the Browser folder next to your browser or where ever you want. And then it's pretty straight forward.
    02-27-12 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD