What is wrong with rim why the did they not advertise this and take advantage of all the hype. Just like apple do
    02-21-12 04:16 AM
    What is wrong with rim why the did they not advertise this and take advantage of all the hype. Just like apple do
    to with apple!!! we are not apple!!! if you dont like it just move foward!! please, dont be such a undercover! go back to play with your iflat and iplot
    02-21-12 04:24 AM
    I agree there was a missed opportunity here.
    02-21-12 04:28 AM
    02-21-12 04:30 AM
    I'm loving that avatar, j'aime bien votre avatar, Superfly!
    02-21-12 04:41 AM
    But if this is what is going to save the playbook I just can't believe they didn't use the chance to brag about it
    02-21-12 05:14 AM
    we're gonna do that part
    02-21-12 05:18 AM
    Have to agree - a pre-release announcement would have made the tech news. Surely that would have been a Good Thing.
    02-21-12 05:23 AM
    Maybe it's because there really isn't that much in OS 2.0 that's worth the hype. It doesn't seem that much better than the original OS - For me the only things that are added are spell check, file manager, print to go app and some cosmetic changes as I don't need native email, contacts, etc because I have a BB phone. Hopefully I'm wrong and there are things in it that I haven't been able to find yet because if there isn't anything else this OS I would say that it is a fail given the fact it took them almost a year to get this out.
    speedypear, elokito and Yaceka like this.
    02-21-12 05:24 AM
    I cant believe you people. You sound lime babies and just look for anything to complain about. Get a life!
    02-21-12 05:51 AM
    Always someone that get enjoyment out of raining on others parades!! RIM know what it is doing!! They are back!! Buy stock now if you were not smart enough to get it before not.
    02-21-12 05:54 AM
    02-21-12 06:03 AM
    It's a software update to a product that's still in transition to what RIM really wants to promote. BlackBerry 10 is the end goal. That's where the platform is migrating to. PlayBook OS 2 is a big step on the way to getting there.

Plus in the meantime RIM needs to keep selling BlackBerry 7 Smartphones - that's still the primary revenue driver. So I think there's a fine balance here. RIM will push PlayBook OS 2, and I'm sure it'll get reviewed by a good chunk of tech media, etc., but I think RIM is still mainly selling off hardware they built a year ago vs. ramping this up as a new device. Remember, there's no new hardware here and a lot of the features are playing catch up still (things that just were not ready during the migration process for PlayBook OS 1).

I think strategically RIM is playing this pretty smart. It is a big deal, but not *that* big of a deal. But definitely is going to start winning back some love.
    02-21-12 06:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD