We've already seen leaked versions of OS10 and 10.1 for the Z10, but nothing (at least functional) that I know of has ever leaked for the playbook. Is there no one out there testing a near final version of the OS for the playbook? Why does nothing ever leak for the playbook?
    04-25-13 11:15 PM
    We've already seen leaked versions of OS10 and 10.1 for the Z10, but nothing (at least functional) that I know of has ever leaked for the playbook. Is there no one out there testing a near final version of the OS for the playbook? Why does nothing ever leak for the playbook?
    Buddy, judging from the past releases, there's nothing leaked until the release is right about to happen. That being said, the Playbook update is not close enough. It will happen though, but we have to be patient.
    04-25-13 11:19 PM
    I think I will be lucky to get it within this year.

Posted via CB10
    pedrogari likes this.
    04-26-13 08:01 AM
    Weird, people are crying their heart out for OS10 for the PB like if the actual OS was crap... If it were, why keeping it then?
    I'm fine so far with it, still using my 2 PBs daily, and it's about to rain here.
    slparry and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    04-26-13 08:10 AM
    Weird, people are crying their heart out for OS10 for the PB like if the actual OS was crap... If it were, why keeping it then?
    I'm fine so far with it, still using my 2 PBs daily, and it's about to rain here.
    Probably because now there are new apps for the bb10 phones and folks want those. And supposedly, there are major improvements in the Browser and folks really crave that if nothing else.
    04-26-13 09:12 AM
    We have seen plenty of evidence that BB10 is on playbooks and being tested. I'm not just taking a pic or something for it, I have seen my app downloaded for 10 on the PB, so I'm happy that it exists. I'd imagine that it will be released, but I don't believe it is or should be BBRY's prioroty right now - they have brand new hardware to release, support, and promote just now. The time for upgrades adding very little value to the situation is later.

My PB works just fine as-is, so I'm happy. If it gets BB10, that's cool. If not, I can live with it! A reinstatement of 'previous' bridge functionality would make me absolutely satisifed, but if not then I'm not going to rant and rave.
    04-26-13 09:22 AM
    LOL it isn't further away than I think Why am I laughing? We're never going to get it!
    04-26-13 09:42 AM
    BlackBerry delay on Playbook is just pushing more and more people away, if their not going to keep their word say so, so we can move on.
    cmdr_dan and mbilloo like this.
    04-26-13 01:36 PM
    I want bb10 on my playbook because testing the OS on the playbook will be the determining factor on whether or not I go back to a blackberry phone.
    cmdr_dan, Send Again and mbilloo like this.
    04-26-13 01:38 PM
    BlackBerry delay on Playbook is just pushing more and more people away, if their not going to keep their word say so, so we can move on.
    I think you've answered your own question....They won't tell you its not coming because you would move on if they did.

Don't worry the update will be moot; by the time it arrives the batteries on the current playbooks will be dead.
    johnnyuk, heppyX and JeepBB like this.
    04-26-13 02:13 PM
    I think you've answered your own question....They won't tell you its not coming because you would move on if they did.

Don't worry the update will be moot; by the time it arrives the batteries on the current playbooks will be dead.
    like that wasn't their plan from the begining
    04-26-13 02:18 PM
    Blackberry'll lost more BB fans.

And that, can be "la muerte" of Bb
    04-26-13 03:00 PM
    delay ? if there isna delay its the one you fabricated in your own mind. the only way it can be delayed is if it comes out past dec 31st 2013
    daveshiz and bungaboy like this.
    04-26-13 03:07 PM
    delay ? if there isna delay its the one you fabricated in your own mind. the only way it can be delayed is if it comes out past dec 31st 2013
    Yep....
    04-26-13 03:30 PM
    WTG you just delayed it another month. Each new thread on the subject does that.
    04-26-13 03:33 PM
    I just hope that my PlayBook doesn't reboot itself all the time. If that's the case I'll keep my 2.1 because it's stable. Tell ya what BlackBerry...Just upgrade my PlayBook browser, keyboard,replace a few apps with BlackBerry10 apps (Facebook) maps etc and keep the rest of the BlackBerry10 for the Z10. I don't want my device acting in any way like one of the many "does your Z 10 reboot itself?" threads.
    mbilloo likes this.
    04-26-13 03:58 PM
    I just hope that my PlayBook doesn't reboot itself all the time. If that's the case I'll keep my 2.1 because it's stable. Tell ya what BlackBerry...Just upgrade my PlayBook browser, keyboard,replace a few apps with BlackBerry10 apps (Facebook) maps etc and keep the rest of the BlackBerry10 for the Z10. I don't want my device acting in any way like one of the many "does your Z 10 reboot itself?" threads.
    Does this really mean I have to start reading threads in the z10/bb10 subforums? I am blithely not worrying too much about that and think about hiking and biking while I use my 9930 (whose impenetrable Otterbox Defender seems to have lost the on/off magnet!)
    04-26-13 05:18 PM
    After firing thousands of employees, it would not be a surprise that anybody has been assigned to work on BB10 for the playbook. In fact, whatever skeleton crew is left working on life support for OS2.1, the amount of effort required to shoehorn the BB10 bloat onto the legacy platform may not be worth the time for a reasonable return on their investment. An example on exactly what we should expect is identical to how many people have reported problems with the legacy Playbook OS and ever got a fix from them. Why on earth would they want to open another can of worms and have to track and fix more problems for BB10 on the Playbook? As more Playbooks are retired, whether BB10 comes or not, it will not matter anymore since it has taken too much time to delivery than what the industry deems acceptable and technology having outpaced whatever Blackberry will ever be able to offer. People will just move on to get the next best thing even if something shows up by the end of the year and does not meet their expectations anyways after such a long wait.
    04-26-13 05:31 PM
    I have a feeling that BB 10 for Playbook is still a ways off. Officially they're saying some time in 2013. And I'm sure they'll get it done sooner or later. I think right now BlackBerry is putting all their resources towards getting everything working well with BB10 on the Z10 & Q10.
    04-26-13 06:01 PM
    I just hope that my PlayBook doesn't reboot itself all the time. If that's the case I'll keep my 2.1 because it's stable.
    You'll not know if you PlayBook will reboot all the time unless you install OS10 and by the time you realise that it is rebooting all the time it'll be too late and you'll not be able to revert back to OS2.1 anyway. Best just to stay on OS2.1 to be on the safe side. In fact, if you're really that concerned its probably best not to even turn your PB on in case it auto-updates.
    bluenote and sad_old_man like this.
    04-27-13 06:08 PM
    BlackBerry Just know what's good for the PB, if they update our legacy playbook that will be another + for the company, if they don't more fans will go away from the platform.
    I personally think that something good is coming to our legacy playbooks, just remember this company have a new management and changes have been see from a year ago.
    Just be patient and enjoy our blackberry playbooks.
    04-27-13 10:52 PM
    Did BlackBerry ever come out and officially say they will be updating the "Legacy PlayBook", or simply that "PlayBook will get BB10"?

If it the latter, expect it on a device that is not end of life.

Yeah.. from the ZED on CB10
    04-28-13 05:53 AM
    Did BlackBerry ever come out and officially say they will be updating the "Legacy PlayBook", or simply that "PlayBook will get BB10"?

If it the latter, expect it on a device that is not end of life.

I believe their words were "all PlayBooks".
    04-28-13 06:19 AM
    Anyone have a link to the announcement?

04-28-13 06:20 AM
    Anyone have a link to the announcement?

www.google.com <------ insert query here
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-28-13 02:05 PM
53 123