Hi guys, I'm new here (just signed up today) although I've been lurking for a while.

I thought I read something somewhere about this, but I can't remember any links, so I'm asking you guys.

Is Blackberry OS10 coming to the Blackberry Playbook? And if it is, how will this affect the applications that we have already purchased?
    12-29-12 10:57 PM
    yes it's coming to playbook. some rumors are it's coming a few weeks before the launch of the phones. The official statement is
    "shortly after the launch of Blackberry 10"

Purchased apps coming over to BB10 will come down to the developer not RIM/BlackBerry.
    12-29-12 11:03 PM
    Yes, BlackBerry 10 is coming to the PlayBook, however, no one here in the community knows when.
    RIM hasn't mentioned anything yet, however, I think all applications purchased will be saved to your BBID and when you upgrade to BlackBerry 10 it will recognize that.
    It is just like any other O.S upgrade [I think... ]
    12-29-12 11:03 PM
    31 days 2 go
    12-29-12 11:05 PM
    Alright, thanks @jamez for the quick response!

I'm really excited for OS10, it looks quite nice and by the sounds of things RIM has a lot of developers onboard that will make apps for it.
    12-29-12 11:19 PM
    If I pay for an app on bbos and there is a version for qnx it shows up in myworld on the PlayBook. Most if not all PlayBook apps will be ported to BlackBerry10. You shouldn't have to pay again but like another poster said, it's up to the developer.
    12-30-12 01:03 AM
    Welcome! There are already several threads and posts on this very subject with many answers to your questions. As they say, the search button is your friend
    vespajet likes this.
    12-30-12 02:21 AM
    Yes, and yes.
    johnierw likes this.
    12-30-12 09:02 AM
    Regardless of when the update is available, I just hope a BB10 PB can bridge to an OS7 BB. Might not be able to upgrade to BB10 phone right away if my work doesn't upgrade their servers right away.
    12-30-12 09:10 AM
    Many developers are doing dual licenses, BUT has others have said its up to the developer. At the very least your legacy PB OS apps should run on PB BB10 OS since RIM is auto converting many major PB apps.
    12-30-12 10:22 AM
    Seriously holding prayers that BB10 will be as marvelous on the Playbook as it seems on the phones.
    12-30-12 03:51 PM
    I'm thinking that those with legacy apps wanting the same BB10 app should at least get a lower price and the first time buyers pay full price, but I'm sure market forces may dictate how some dev's play this out. Everybody has to make a living(devs) and everbody wants a fair shake(app buyers), a happy medium should suffice?
    Many developers are doing dual licenses, BUT has others have said its up to the developer. At the very least your legacy PB OS apps should run on PB BB10 OS since RIM is auto converting many major PB apps.
    12-30-12 08:19 PM
    Seriously 7 posts and half have been letting us know you're oh so happy with your Green Fruit Company phone. Just sayin,lol.
    Seriously holding prayers that BB10 will be as marvelous on the Playbook as it seems on the phones.
    12-30-12 08:25 PM
    Seriously 7 posts and half have been letting us know you're oh so happy with your Green Fruit Company phone. Just sayin,lol.
    ?
    12-30-12 08:27 PM
    I'm not sure I catch your drift. Owning an iPhone means I can't be excited for Blackberry? Please don't take your frustrations out on me because I've allowed my smartphone experiences to evolve from the realms of Blackberry. BB10 looks exciting and neat, not an iPhone challenger, but I am still excited to see it. And also I have well over 200 post on this site, I deleted my former account when I left Blackberry a while back.
    mikeo007 and rdonnelly like this.
    12-31-12 12:32 AM
    I think he saw a couple of question marks, and a sarcastic tone, in your post that weren't there.

You wrote:

He saw:
    [sarcasm]Seriously? Holding prayers that BB10 will be as marvelous on the Playbook as it seems on the phones?[/sarcasm]
    12-31-12 09:46 AM
    I think he saw a couple of question marks, and a sarcastic tone, in your post that weren't there.

You wrote:

He saw:
    [sarcasm]Seriously? Holding prayers that BB10 will be as marvelous on the Playbook as it seems on the phones?[/sarcasm]
    Oh ok that makes more sense. Sorry about that. Just to clarify I am really excited to see BB10!
    12-31-12 12:33 PM
    A developer beta version could have been released before launch....
    12-31-12 12:47 PM
    Looking forward to rocking BB10 on my playbook. Seriously for $150 approx to get BB10 the Playbook is a diamond in the rough.
    Creaulx and ..Steve.. like this.
    12-31-12 02:40 PM
    The Playbook has always been a diamond in the rough. It's tough as nails, has great media-handling capabilities (could use some more video codecs though) and can only be improved with the addition of BB10. Hope there's a decent upgrade to the music player that includes an EQ, a few more big-name apps and some decent bookmark and file management in BB10. An official Kindle app would be a godsend too.
    12-31-12 08:57 PM
    I'm most likey going to get a playbook tomorrow, just want to know if it does upgrade to bb10, will android apps still be able to work?
    12-31-12 10:25 PM
    yep...this is WHY the PB is such a screaming bargain.....$149 with current OS? Meh...it's ok.....but the BB10? People will look back and wonder, "Damn....why didn't I get one of those???"
    12-31-12 10:26 PM
    Oh....I have a 16GB, and I just bought a 32 GB....and NOW I'm even thinking of getting a 64GB for $199
    12-31-12 10:27 PM
    I love blackberry, but I'm really mostly interested in the android apps and getting the blackberry experience is a plus. Does it actually work well with android apps?

I have the Bold 9900 already.
    12-31-12 10:58 PM
    I love blackberry, but I'm really mostly interested in the android apps and getting the blackberry experience is a plus. Does it actually work well with android apps?

I have the Bold 9900 already.
    Only limited apps will work. Some work well, others less well.

BB Appworld actually has Android apps but they are not identified on the info pages. Others may be found scattered about the web or at

goodereader.com
    12-31-12 11:45 PM
32 12