i am having major update issues. nothing has gone right since the last os update, and i thought maybe this new smaller one would patch some issues, but that doesn't seem to be happening. is there anyway to restore back to factory os and try the update again? or go back to before the 2.0 update with sms support??
    12-20-12 12:48 PM
    try doing a security wipe then retry update,,, if you have the ability to do a backup beforehand, do so...
    12-20-12 12:50 PM
    i did that and now this is what my home screen looks like.....
    Attached Thumbnails OS update problems-butler-20121220-00486.jpg   OS update problems-img_00000002.jpg  
    12-20-12 01:44 PM
    please help!
    12-20-12 02:09 PM
    Swipe left or right to see your other icons.
    12-20-12 02:13 PM
    That after a security wipe?

Did you remove all the icons from the top home screen bar ?
    12-20-12 02:28 PM
    Did you check for available updates after the wipe? You might need to wipe again and then check for updates. Good luck!
    12-20-12 02:35 PM
    And NEVER remove all of the icons from the top line of the homescreen!
    12-20-12 02:36 PM
    shut down your playbook, start bb desktop manager on your pc/mac, put playbook and pc/mac together using usb, if your playbook starts, shut it down again.
    press update and repair on bb desktop manager.

follow your screen and get happy.

Sent boldly and TENacious from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    12-20-12 02:38 PM
    As noted in the prior reply, those White and Black tiny, little squares under the Icon/Word Browser show you have icons off to the right (probably) so swiping from the right edge toward the left should reveal them.

If that fails, you might try the debrick

Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    12-20-12 02:43 PM
    That's what the homescreen looks like when you bypass the initial install. You have to load the OS.
    wafa510 likes this.
    12-20-12 03:18 PM
    I had a 377mb update which I did and the icons came back, but the bridge text icon is still there with no new texts, and it won't allow me to download new or pre-existing apps from appworld. Always a error 0007 I believe. I've tried wipe then install, install from DM when the PB is off and use the "update" option which loads it back to how I had it, minus apps, which is what I don't want. I want a previous, more stable OS that works correctly!! How do I do that?!The appworld problems and bridge problems were there before the last update and after the 2nd to last update.. It just doesn't function correctly. I need my original WORKING PB back!
    12-20-12 03:26 PM
    You can't have a previous OS that will allow bridge SMS.

I have seen mention of both the problems you mention and maybe someone can help with those.
    I think if you delete the conversattion on the PB the SMS notification will go away.
    12-20-12 03:46 PM
    To be clear- you do understand that there are multiple "panes". The screen shots shows you have two panes. Your icons should be on the other one.
    12-20-12 03:50 PM
    I don't understand why you don't security wipe the unit and just load the new OS via wifi. This will give you an original working OS and you can start from scratch. Reloading a backup with the existing problems isn't going to change your issues.
    12-20-12 03:56 PM
    Yes I understand the panes. I was pre-emptive when I posted that picture. I was just seeing red. I currently have all the stock apps showing and only the browser up top which was weird cause it didn't come like that. But I don't care about bridged texts as much as I care about the notification going away. I know no other OS supports that, and that's fine with me. It just adds sms notifications and I can delete them on the PB, but it also deletes them on my phone and I want to keep the texts. Plus it happens right away after I delete them anyways. How can I downgrade to a previous OS that didn't have SMS support? That's all I need. My phone doesn't leave my side anyways.
    12-20-12 03:59 PM
    I don't understand why you don't security wipe the unit and just load the new OS via wifi. This will give you an original working OS and you can start from scratch. Reloading a backup with the existing problems isn't going to change your issues.
    I have done that and the bridged sms keeps messing up as well as my appworld. I don't know how or why but its drivin gme crazy. Been this way since the 2nd to last OS upgrade, that had SMS support.. Which I don't need.. I want to go back to the OS that was prior to that...
    12-20-12 04:02 PM
    For your appworld problems, this li k likely is the solution http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl
    12-20-12 04:18 PM
    Open the bridge app on the phone and push the BlackBerry button. Go to device properties and you can turn off the SMS feature on the bridge.
    I would suspect the problem is with the bridge app. A delete, battery pull and reinstall may fix it. Good luck.
    12-20-12 04:23 PM
    I believe you can also downgrade OS level with DM, USB cable and the PB turned off. I recall that's how I downgraded to .358 from the screwed up .668 a few months ago. This does need confirming though....
    12-20-12 04:53 PM
    The only way to go to a previous os is by using dingleberry or cfp.

But it seems to me that you need to just debrick or wipe the PlayBook and load the latest OS. Things should go back to normal. You will have to start from scratch but any apps you downloaded from appworld will be in your myworld tab as uninstalled. You can then download them again.
    12-20-12 07:44 PM
    Okay, so after 1) a security wipe, 2) leaving the same PlayBook off for 10+ minutes, 3) running Desktop Manager and clicking "upgrade" and letting the PlayBook reload. After performing the 32mb "Application Upgrade" which gave me back my apps, this is what my phone screen and PlayBook screen looks like. PlayBook showing 5 texts and phone showing none. No unread emails or anything. It only goes away when the two are unbridged. Any ideas on if this is a glitch? Or am I missing something?
    Attached Thumbnails OS update problems-img_00000001.jpg  
    12-21-12 04:32 PM
    Attached Thumbnails OS update problems-screen_20121221_17108.jpg  
    12-21-12 04:33 PM
    Okay, so after 1) a security wipe, 2) leaving the same PlayBook off for 10+ minutes, 3) running Desktop Manager and clicking "upgrade" and letting the PlayBook reload. After performing the 32mb "Application Upgrade" which gave me back my apps, this is what my phone screen and PlayBook screen looks like. PlayBook showing 5 texts and phone showing none. No unread emails or anything. It only goes away when the two are unbridged. Any ideas on if this is a glitch? Or am I missing something?

I would delete the phone from the PlayBook and delete bridge as well reboot reinstall and pair again.
    DocDRM likes this.
    12-21-12 07:07 PM
    Have you tried to delete the conversations from the PB?
    12-21-12 07:16 PM
28 12