Having all kinds of problems with the update. Wifi won't work (and thus, I guess, accounts won't load, email won't synch, calendar won't synch, etc.), it takes 5 minutes for the Playbook to launch/restart...2.0 has basically turned my PB into a brick. I've updated the bridge software on my phone, I've rebooted both the phone and the PB...done a hard reset on the PB (power plus both volume buttons) but pretty much nothing works except Angry Birds. Are there PB for which OS2 isn't compatible? Just wondering...that's what my PB is acting like. The only thing I can think to do is to re-install the OS, maybe mine is buggy somehow...but I don't know how to do that...can't seem to find a way (either on the PB or on my Desktop Manager) to manually reinstall software (or to wipe the thing entirely, which I would also willingly do at this point). Any advice? I've noticed lots of issues on the board with regard to WiFi connectivity.
    02-21-12 07:58 AM
    Ditto. Can't connect to my home network anymore . Says connected but it's not

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    02-21-12 08:02 AM
    @ both : I'll suggest the following (you may have already tried, let us know) :

1. Restart the PB (hold the power button down for at least 15 seconds) and restart (2 sec hold). If something went wrong during install, should resume properly.
    2. Plug your PB to your desktop using USB to Desktop Manager and listen to it.

Please state your progress here. We'll try to follow.
    02-21-12 08:07 AM
    Just deleted saved connections and reinstalled my home network wifi on the playbook, that worked
    Last edited by omniusovermind; 02-21-12 at 08:16 AM.
    Superfly_FR and zenadventurer like this.
    02-21-12 08:09 AM
    If the only thing that still works is Angry Birds then the update turned your PB into an iPad!

No seriously, you might have to use the debrick method connected to your PC using DM, or security wipe if the hard reset doesn't work.
    02-21-12 08:11 AM
    If the only thing that still works is Angry Birds then the update turned your PB into an iPad!

No seriously, you might have to use the debrick method connected to your PC using DM, or security wipe if the hard reset doesn't work.
    Debrick method preffered ... warning : all personal data will be lost (not apps).

1. Stop the PB
    2. Start Desktop Manager on your PC
    3. Plug USB your PB
    4. SM pops "Can't connect to device" : hit the repair/update button
    5. Follow instructions.

This will result in a "birthday suit" PB with a fresh install of latest OS beeing downloaded with your PC connexion (probably more stable yet).

> Try the simple and easy steps above first.
    djm320 likes this.
    02-21-12 08:16 AM
    Surprising. Everything worked for me. Setup two playbooks and just everything worked fine. Try a hard reset or debrick via desktop manager.
    02-21-12 08:17 AM
    I don't really want to do a debrick and lose all my data, and I've already done a few hard resets on both my playbook and 9900. Not to sound pessimistic, but this was supposed to be this wonderful amazing update that we've been waiting 4 or 5 months for, and now I have a playbook that barely functions. Most likely I WILL lose all of my data and have to start fresh. Its really too bad because I've been defending the playbook ever since I got it at launch.

Frustrated...
    02-21-12 08:43 AM
    It wacked my playbook as well. Expect this thread to be shut down, by the way, moderators are running around locking threads where people are having this issue.

3. Plug USB your PB
    Not an option. When I plug the tablet into my dm I get no response or messages pop up. Doesn't seem to know it is there.
    Last edited by kb5zht; 02-21-12 at 09:01 AM.
    02-21-12 08:52 AM
    ...you have to actually plug in the PB to your PC/Desktop Manager with the power off. Hope that helps. And thanks for all the replies...on the wifi issue, it's simply not finding my wifi network and none of my saved networks are even showing up. just one big mess.
    also, the PB takes more than 5 minutes to load/launch on restart. is that normal? bridge is working, it's showing i have messages, but since i can't get "accounts" to launch (i'm assuming because of the wifi issue), i pretty much have - you're right - and ipad. I certainly expected some issues. but i'm surprised that i'm having issues with the basic functionality that was supposed to have set this OS apart...the native email/calendar/contact dealie. I mean, wifi can't connect...how basic can that be?
    02-21-12 09:11 AM
    SAME thing here. NO Wifi- just keeps searching and searching.
    and my phone can't update bridge either!!
    PB takes at least 5 minutes to load/launch for me as well!!!!!!!
    02-21-12 09:38 AM
    Just deleted saved connections and reinstalled my home network wifi on the playbook, that worked
    um disregard that. Problem has come back, and this time the above method didn't work.
    02-21-12 11:50 AM
    Anyone have any luck yet? I'm trying a backup then debrick so I don't lose too much data... hopefully that works. Hopefully we can fix this lol.
    02-21-12 01:19 PM
    I finished upgrading three BlackBerry PlayBooks without any problems. I guarantee 99% of reported problems with the upgrade or post-upgrade can be attributed to the user rather than the hardware or software. Go forth and enjoy the tablet.
    02-21-12 01:28 PM
    I finished upgrading three BlackBerry PlayBooks without any problems. I guarantee 99% of reported problems with the upgrade or post-upgrade can be attributed to the user rather than the hardware or software. Go forth and enjoy the tablet.
    I must be that 1% then... Nothing seems to be working properly for me. For example, when I bridge my 9900 and try to open BBM nothing happens. It just doesn't open. When I use the browser while bridged it pops up with an error and asks you to retry. It has also been booting up for at LEAST 5 minutes now.
    02-21-12 01:40 PM
    Back up, debrick, reinstall, restore

Should work just fine, i had to do this this morning after initially upgrading to 2.0 because i was having some problems sideloading android apps, everything else like wifi worked before though. after the above procedure, now everything plus sideloading apps works.
    02-21-12 01:40 PM
    Not likely. I successfully upgraded 3 PBs this morning and I can guarantee that 99% of software failures such as the OP's are defects.
    02-21-12 02:04 PM
    Debrick method preffered ... warning : all personal data will be lost (not apps).

1. Stop the PB
    2. Start Desktop Manager on your PC
    3. Plug USB your PB
    5. Follow instructions.

I did this. And it worked. I have wifi and everything seems to be okay.

Thanks you.
    Donna
    02-21-12 02:49 PM
    Back up, debrick, reinstall, restore
    How in the world do you do that when the DM won't acknowledge your playbook?
    02-21-12 02:54 PM
    I'm pretty sure I've found (one of?) the answer to why OS2 is bricking some playbooks. Somebody said they thought it might be happening when you don't have any icons on the main screen (you've moved them all into folders along the top). That is absolutely the case. I tested a few different configurations and without fail, whenever I had no icons on the main screen, a restart would brick my playbook. I've never had any beta versions or weird mods on my pb either. Whenever I restart with all my icons in folders along the top row, it stalls at the bubble screen. Hope this helps some people. So don't RTM them and don't listen to the RIM worshipers that say 99% of the problems are user-caused.
    02-25-12 03:21 PM
    I did a backup before the upgrade, I knew thing will not go smooth with OS2 install. Had to security wipe 3 times before everything worked fine. Love how people blame the users here but not RIM. Hope it works for you but I think the security wipe and clean install is the way.
    02-25-12 04:00 PM
    Having all kinds of problems with the update. Wifi won't work (and thus, I guess, accounts won't load, email won't synch, calendar won't synch, etc.), it takes 5 minutes for the Playbook to launch/restart...2.0 has basically turned my PB into a brick. I've updated the bridge software on my phone, I've rebooted both the phone and the PB...done a hard reset on the PB (power plus both volume buttons) but pretty much nothing works except Angry Birds. Are there PB for which OS2 isn't compatible? Just wondering...that's what my PB is acting like. The only thing I can think to do is to re-install the OS, maybe mine is buggy somehow...but I don't know how to do that...can't seem to find a way (either on the PB or on my Desktop Manager) to manually reinstall software (or to wipe the thing entirely, which I would also willingly do at this point). Any advice? I've noticed lots of issues on the board with regard to WiFi connectivity.
    So call RIM ....
    02-25-12 04:01 PM
    I'm pretty sure I've found (one of?) the answer to why OS2 is bricking some playbooks. Somebody said they thought it might be happening when you don't have any icons on the main screen (you've moved them all into folders along the top). That is absolutely the case. I tested a few different configurations and without fail, whenever I had no icons on the main screen, a restart would brick my playbook. I've never had any beta versions or weird mods on my pb either. Whenever I restart with all my icons in folders along the top row, it stalls at the bubble screen. Hope this helps some people. So don't RTM them and don't listen to the RIM worshipers that say 99% of the problems are user-caused.
    Hmmm ... that sounds like a user caused problem to me. But hey what do I know.

BTW: Thanks for the info. Good to know, and hopefully this will be fixed in a future update.
    02-25-12 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD