Has anyone noticed that the keyboard on OS 2 is not consistent. Mine keeps alternating between the original, a new one, and one with numbers. Also I have noticed that my startup time has drastically increased. I just timed it and it was about 3.75 minutes. Also I keep getting license errors from app world.

I love bb, but these issues are driving me nuts
    02-26-12 08:59 PM
    These are known issues with BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet OS 2.0. There has been some discussion about the keyboard and whether the different keyboards are intentional or erratic. As for the extended boot-up time the slower load time has not gone unnoticed; avoid shutting down the tablet unless necessary to troubleshoot an issue or the battery has fully drained.
    02-26-12 09:05 PM
    The keyboard switching is intentional based upon the input field you are using (inputting a password you will be more likely to use numbers, so that keyboard will come up).

If it bothers you, go into your keyboard settings and change it to a fixed keyboard instead of automatic switching.
    AggreX, Jake Storm and kbz1960 like this.
    02-26-12 09:11 PM
    Has anyone noticed that the keyboard on OS 2 is not consistent. Mine keeps alternating between the original, a new one, and one with numbers. Also I have noticed that my startup time has drastically increased. I just timed it and it was about 3.75 minutes. Also I keep getting license errors from app world.

I love bb, but these issues are driving me nuts
    There's two keyboards, one for inputting passwords and the second is your regular one.

As for your second concern, I do not use the power off whatsoever unless I need to do some troubleshooting. In fact I've only used this once! The restart? Maybe three times in the three months I've bought the pb. I highly recommended that you use the standby feature that's found in the battery icon in the top right and disable the wifi/bt.
    BrizzadMan, AggreX and Jake Storm like this.
    02-26-12 09:14 PM
    I figured that is why the keyboard was changing, it just didn't have the feel of consistency although I suspected that was teh reaon. Actually I would say there are four keyboards. There is actually a phone number keyboard which is helpful(try entering a number in the contacts app). I guess too many keyboards spoil the typing

As for the startup time, i was wondering if it is just mine(then I would do a reinstall). I know about standby, but that is no reason for them to have such a long startup. The previous OS did not take this long to restart. No one has issues withpurchasing on app world?
    02-27-12 12:03 AM
    I have not had a problem with purchasing apps. I have mine setup to pay with PayPal.
    02-27-12 12:14 AM
    I *was* getting some invalid license issues after my initial update to v2.0 (from 1.0 of course), but my fix was to back up the entire tablet, security wipe, and then restore. Things are as smooth as butter now. I think this is something anyone can (and should) do provided you are on a Windows based machine (or have access to one) and have a little time to spare. It is good to make a backup regardless, and performing this little thing will get you on a "clean" v2.0 and restore your apps.

NOTE: One thing I did notice is that sideloaded apps did not recover after backup. To make it more clearly, any app I had previously sideloaded was apparently not a part of the backup. I noticed this right away after restoring the backup, as the emulators I had installed were not there (although their settings and my romfiles were). I had to sideload the bar files again, but no biggie.

I do have to say that the backup/restore function on this device is top notch. It is great to have a backup file on the PC side that I *know* has my stuff in case of emergency. It's like a portable version of "Ghost"
    02-27-12 12:23 AM
    There's two keyboards, one for inputting passwords and the second is your regular one.

As for your second concern, I do not use the power off whatsoever unless I need to do some troubleshooting. In fact I've only used this once! The restart? Maybe three times in the three months I've bought the pb. I highly recommended that you use the standby feature that's found in the battery icon in the top right and disable the wifi/bt.
    I think there's a third lurking, too, that is, unless Simple Browser created its own keyboard. It comes up when you need to change font size. It's a hexidecimal one, I guess:
    02-27-12 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD