After impatiently waiting for the new PlayBook update, I have discovered a terrible problem with it: IT'S TOO GOOD. In addition, the Android and iOS trolls can no longer unite against the PlayBook, and must instead fight each other. Who knows what cataclysmic destruction will be caused by the clash of two such huge trolling powers? The outlook is grim. BUT ONLY FOR THEM

Note: This post is intended in good humour. Android and iOS are both great systems, which I have nothing against. I only hate the trolls who lurk within almost all communities.
    02-21-12 02:43 PM
    Hahaha! +1
    02-21-12 02:48 PM
    At this point I can honestly say that I don't need my other tablets. Sure we have some apps to wait for but the basic structure is all there now So happy today! Gonna be hard to rip on the PlayBook from here on out
    02-21-12 02:49 PM
    Yeah, it's brilliant.
    02-21-12 02:51 PM
    Nice post OP...
    02-21-12 02:52 PM
    Note: This post is intended in good humour. Android and iOS are both great systems, which I have nothing against. I only hate the trolls who lurk within almost all communities.
    SO, in other words, this thread is useless.
    02-21-12 02:53 PM
    Downloaded and installed sucessufully. However, when I try to use the new email, contact and calendar, I have a blank screen. No to metioned the browser, it open and close immediately. Other apps follow the same. Hard rebooted, problem is still the same.
    Please help. menu display has no issue. set-up function has no issue.
    02-21-12 03:00 PM
    The joy the PB has brought to this community is just great
    02-21-12 03:21 PM
    its okkkkkkkkkk
    02-21-12 03:22 PM
    Its great. Now we have a tablet with the basics - this is good.
    02-21-12 03:25 PM
    im with you, os2 is awesome.

for those that can see the power, wow this pb is top notch
    02-21-12 03:30 PM
    New beginning for RIM. I am already looking forward to 3.0
    02-21-12 03:30 PM
    never thought i would need one, but now i just love it and take it with me everywhere.
    and yes i do take it everywhere, glad that i just bought some pb's.
    showed it to my family, all just wanted one right away and i thought one was just enough..
    02-21-12 03:33 PM
    All good here. Some nice changes.all good so far
    02-21-12 03:39 PM
    Its great. Now we have a tablet with the basics - this is good.
    You should have been had that
    02-21-12 03:39 PM
    If last night I was in love with my playbook, now I'm gonna marry it
    02-21-12 03:43 PM
    SO, in other words, this thread is useless.
    Just trying to fend off the trolls, and not upset any iOs/ Android phone users also wielding a PlayBook [aka Those who have seen the light ]
    02-21-12 03:47 PM
    Just trying to fend off the trolls, and not upset any iOs/ Android phone users also wielding a PlayBook [aka Those who have seen the light ]
    I have one in my family present and two more who just bought their PBs with IP4S.

Mobile hotspot + PB 2.0 = Bad to the Bone.
    02-21-12 03:55 PM
    I don't know why people are jumping the gun to claim that it's "TOO GOOD!" If you call this too good... I'm not going to rush to such claims. There are obvious problems that some people are having. My download went fast, but then again, I have 35Mbps internet.
    Now, clearly, I have a PlayBook for a reason, but I can't stand it when people automatically jump to bash other users of other devices. Makes all you look like you are in denial or something.

As for my own opinion on OS2, for the long awaited release, there really isn't that much that got updated. The main thing I was hoping would get resolved was the lagging/twitching scrolling. I have iOS devices for playing games, so gaming is not my biggest priority, but I do hope we have some good Android apps that come our way.
    02-21-12 04:20 PM
    It's been a happy day. OS 2 was released, I got my case for the playbook today, and my $30 rebate has finally arrived.

The only thing I actually find useful is the native email app. Because the app should have been there in the first place I don't feel super duper happy, and neither does OS 2.0 seem much different except some smaller performance increases.
    02-21-12 06:43 PM
    +100 soup kitchen!
    02-21-12 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD