It's really too soon for anyone to say much, especially if you aren't running Battery Guru...

I'd be interested in reports from people about changes in WiFi-related standby consumption (F2?), or whether they are able to reproduce the GPS-stuck-running bug which RIM personnel claimed was fixed in 2.0 final. I never observed the former for myself, and have not seen any sign of the latter yet (but I think it was fixed in 7111 anyway).

From my use of it yesterday, I see no difference in standby consumption other than what would be explained by the fact that I've now got it synchronizing with 3 Gmail accounts, FaceBook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and my main IMAP email account.

But really, there's no way anyone could say even with Battery Guru running after only a day of use, unless the difference was extreme. If it were, it would be clearly visible in your CSV export file as a big jump in average power consumption while doing activities identical to what you'd done before the update. You'd probably see it right onscreen as well, as a much higher Power reading than you're used to.
    Well I can say the difference is extreme. As I mentioned in another post. Running on the Beta, in standby I was using about .06W of power. Now I am using 1.7W. If a few of those who are not having battery issues would kindly report how they upgraded, it would help those of us who are having issues determine if we did something wrong. By how you upgraded, I mean, did you just install the new OS over whatever was currently running or did you downgrade to the official, do a security wipe, debrick or some other funciton prior to installing 2.0.0.7971.

Peter, I would be happy to provide you with Battery Guru logs if you feel that would be helpful.

Thank you,
    J...
    02-22-12 09:50 AM
    I for one had downgraded to os1.8 a while ago. When I went to the official OS2 yesterday I simply hit update and installed ota over what was already running. Last night with the 2 percent loss overnight, I was running at .06 watts, with an occasional jump.. I am guessing that e those jumps would have been email syncing.
    02-22-12 09:55 AM
    I had my wifi turned off, Bluetooth on and bridged to my 9700, and my Motorola A2DP headphones also on and connected(YESS!!!), watching a video while waiting for my daughter's sports last night. Brightness was medium, I used the device for over an hour and did a couple of BBM messages during that time. My battery percentage went down maybe 2-3%, I was amazed!

I do find that when Wifi is connected the PB does seem to drain a bit faster, but I believe it is also as someone else said due to the native email syncing in addition to everything else.

I am still happier with the current battery life than two days ago!
    02-22-12 09:56 AM
    It's really too soon for anyone to say much, especially if you aren't running Battery Guru...

I'd be interested in reports from people about changes in WiFi-related standby consumption
    I went from about 10% drain overnight(beta) to 5%. I always leave all connections on. I sleep about 5 hours so on average I guess I went from 2% hour to 1% hour.
    During normal use it seems to be a little better. There are some higher spikes that were never there before but I don't think it would effect battery life. On average the consumption seems a little lower. It was closer to three and now closer to two.
    An average consumption rate would be a cool feature if it could be added to the app.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 02-22-12 at 10:29 AM.
    02-22-12 10:10 AM
    I agree my battery life has gone noticebly down on my Playbook and my 9900
    02-22-12 10:15 AM
    It's to early for me to get an accurate account of my battery usage, as time passes and the newness of OS2.0 where's off, then I will be in a better position to monitor actual activity on a day to day basis, maybe in a week or so.
    02-22-12 10:25 AM
    my battery seems odd too.. maybe its just not reading the meter correction... so i've been running 2.0 beta for awhile and battery has been fine.. leaving it unpluged and would only loose few percent a day.. this morning, i checked, it drained 20% in like 3 hours... after that, i took the playbook to work.. in the car i checked.. battery was at 47%.. when i got to work.. it was at 50%...hahah.. ODD.... i'll have to do more testing today.. i already turned off the auto sync for email..
    02-22-12 10:33 AM
    I'm sorry unable to change my screen brightness - anyone else having this issue?
    02-22-12 10:47 AM
    For all of you with battery problem did you do a security wipe before updating ? i did not the first time and i lose up to 45 % battery life for 1 hours video and its become dead during the night in sleep time ( with no email or wifi nothing to take lot of energy )

Did the security wipe and a new install 4 hour video plus 10 in sleep mode im still at 74% of battery life dunno why but i lot of thing seem weird with Os 2.0 if we dont do a security wipe on it the first time we install.
    02-22-12 10:51 AM
    I'm pretty sure my battery is draining about twice as fast as it used to and it is also getting hotter. The performance is much better as well though.
    02-22-12 10:53 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD