Anyone know if OS 2 will make it so that a drained battery wont practically kill our playbooks? I spent an hour on my wife's this weekend trying to get it to take a charge. She tends to leave hers on standby too long and then it takes a million different combos of actions to try and get it back to life. I really hope they addressed this issue too on OS2!!
    01-30-12 12:47 PM
    When the PB gets low on Battery, I think at or about 10 percent, you get warning beeps/tones. IF you hear this, you should drop it onto the charger.

As to the OS handling low voltage "shutdowns"/"bricking", we will have to wait and see. I think they have to set a threshold at some point, and then it's up to us (users) to make sure we keep the "gas tank" full.

We just have to wait until the 22nd/February??????????? to see this unit get a little bit brighter.............

c
    01-30-12 01:02 PM
    When the PB gets low on Battery, I think at or about 10 percent, you get warning beeps/tones. IF you hear this, you should drop it onto the charger.

As to the OS handling low voltage "shutdowns"/"bricking", we will have to wait and see. I think they have to set a threshold at some point, and then it's up to us (users) to make sure we keep the "gas tank" full.

We just have to wait until the 22nd/February??????????? to see this unit get a little bit brighter.............

c

Yeah problem is that my wife works in a busy loud salon and her PB sits in her purse all day many times. So she doesn't hear it going off and then gets home and cant figure out how to get it to take a charge and restarted. Pretty frustrating for her. I am on her case alot to keep up with her charging, but she forgets...alot!
    01-30-12 01:08 PM
    I've run my pb down to where it shuts off quite a number of times and each time, I just plug it into the charger and it will startup on its own. No special procedure needed. Not sure how that can be frustrating.
    01-30-12 01:56 PM
    I've run my pb down to where it shuts off quite a number of times and each time, I just plug it into the charger and it will startup on its own. No special procedure needed. Not sure how that can be frustrating.
    It's frustrating when doing what you describe does not work. Even after keeping it charged an entire night with the original charger that came with it, and then doing the same with the OEM rapid charger. It's a known problem that RIM themselves have said is an issue they are working on. I am just wondering if the big OS2 update will include a fix for this particular item of concern as well.
    01-30-12 02:06 PM
    I spent an hour on my wife this weekend trying to get it to take charge.
    Pfew, I misread that sentence. Most wives will happily take charge and dont like being called "it" ;-)

The normal procedure is to plug it in, turn it on and wait for the charge to reach 20%. The BB logo and login screen should appear.
    01-30-12 02:11 PM
    Pfew, I misread that sentence. Most wives will happily take charge and dont like being called "it" ;-)

The normal procedure is to plug it in, turn it on and wait for the charge to reach 20%. The BB logo and login screen should appear.
    Haha! Well you did change it to say "wife" rather than my original post that said "wifes". But I get you.

And yeah that's wherein the issues lies for alot of folks. That action doesn't work for all PB's out there when the battery drains completely and they get stuck in a reboot sequence of some sort that's very difficult to get them to come back to life. There is a long red light and then 4 red light blinks that happen over and over again. So getting it to reset and have a yellow light sequence to charge is very tricky at times. Thankfully I got it to work again but not until after I had to wipe it first. Oy.
    01-30-12 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD