So, with any beta's release, there will be bugs. This isn't meant to be a complaint thread - if you upgraded willingly, you must suffer willingly - but rather a list of known issues which could disrupt precious Playtime. If possible, I'll try to include workarounds (though don't get your hopes up, they come pretty rarely with beta builds).

If multiple people report the same bug, I'll mark it as (reproduced).

I'll start:

• Playbook does not turn off when commanded to, just hangs on a blank screen
      Solution: Hold power button for ten seconds to force shutoff.
    • Upon upgrading, wi-fi does not work (reproduced)
      Solution: toggle the wifi. If you're unable to connect to a saved network and toggling doesn't work, delete the network and key it in again.
    • Bridge applications do not work (reproduced)
      Solution: navigate to http://127.0.0.1:187 in your bridge browser; bookmark it for convenience (thanks, supraking)
    • Cannot downgrade Playbook - upon reboot, am forced to upgrade to 2.0 again (reproduced)
      Un-solution: No known workarounds for this one yet.
    Mastajeet likes this.
    10-19-11 10:48 AM
    My wifi does not work. I have toggled it on/off and i have no saved networks?
    10-19-11 12:32 PM
    tick the ip6 or similar box under wifi settings... button in bottom left
    10-19-11 12:36 PM
    where is that?
    10-19-11 12:40 PM
    Someone on here was able to keep their PB from auto-updating to 2.0 by waiting the 24 hours for the download to expire. I have not tried yet but I will and post my findings.
    10-19-11 12:46 PM
    [*]Bridge applications do not work (reproduced)
    Solution: navigate to http://127.0.0.1:187 in your bridge browser; bookmark it for convenience (thanks, supraking)
    Credit for this workaround solution should go to J.Duke (BerryInformed) of OpenSourceBB.com
    (nothing against supraking for posting the solution and link, but give credit where credit is due)

Want BBM and other Bridge functions on your Playbook 2.0 OS? | OpenSourceBB.com � The best freakin' hybrids. Period.
    10-19-11 12:49 PM

• Bridge applications do not work (reproduced)
    Not Bridge Browser, just the normal PB browser. At least for me because I can't get to the bridge browser because of the error.
    10-19-11 12:53 PM
    One bug I found is with the WordPress -Android app. It overrides landscape even when screen orientation is locked. Not sure if anyone has had that problem with other programs.
    10-19-11 12:56 PM
    One bug I found is with the WordPress -Android app. It overrides landscape even when screen orientation is locked. Not sure if anyone has had that problem with other programs.
    can u post ur wordpress apps (bar) file at http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ml#post6776357
    10-19-11 01:13 PM
    Some apps (those which use shared object data) will lose user saved data when upgrading from 1.0.7 to 2.0.0. Once upgraded, the apps will retain data, it's just the process of upgrading the OS that wipes the data.
    Please don't get angry at the devs, it is an issue with the beta which will hopefully get resolved for general release.
    10-19-11 01:28 PM
    Browser tabs appear to pause when not focused. (Pandora stops playing)
    10-19-11 01:42 PM
    Wifi does not stay connected here. Switches between saved profiles (there are 3 possible profiles I can connect to at work). Connects for about 10 seconds, then disconnects and tries the next one. Definitely an issue.

I deleted them all and then tried adding them again. Same result.
    10-19-11 02:02 PM
    wifi is connected and working ok, but dropping files onto pb via wifi is maxing out at 250k/s, prior to update was running anywhere from 1mb - 2mb depending on range to router.

Could just be interference or something else going on, but seems a strange coincidence with the timing
    10-19-11 02:29 PM
    Wifi does not stay connected here. Switches between saved profiles (there are 3 possible profiles I can connect to at work). Connects for about 10 seconds, then disconnects and tries the next one. Definitely an issue.

I deleted them all and then tried adding them again. Same result.
    I have no saved networks and when i try to enter one manually it doesn't save it. I have reset the playbook multiple times, toggled the wifi on/off, and ticked the ip6 button. Nothing worked.

It's strange because when i downloaded 2.0 i had a steady wifi connection that i couldn't even shut off. I would toggle wifi off and the playbook showed it was off but i could still browse the web and everything. Then when i put my playbook away for the night at about 80% battery left. I woke up to find the battery dead....

I charged it back up. Turned it on, and i haven't had wifi since it turned back on.
    10-19-11 02:43 PM
    Stupid question, but where/what is this IP6 button? I'm not seeing it and haven't been able to test if that fixes anything.

Edit: Found... like I said, stupid question. Go to Saved Profiles, select the profile, then check off IPv6. Testing now

Edit 2: Checked off IPv6, restarted PB, still not working.
    Last edited by kyleheney; 10-19-11 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Found... like I said, stupid question. Go to Saved Profiles, select the profile, then check off IPv6. Testing now
    10-19-11 02:48 PM
    when playing need for speed toggling volume rocker does not work but in system settings it does.

MapApp is goofy - when doing pinch to zoom it spazes and goes worldwide lol

my wifi is stable and now it at least shows connected @ g/n speed. It isn't any faster (before it reported only G) and my router is set to N only. Router is a N draft Linksys
    Last edited by dentynefire; 10-19-11 at 05:05 PM.
    10-19-11 04:59 PM
    Word To Go hangs on start screen when opening a .doc. Sheets To Go works fine with .xls.
    10-19-11 05:13 PM
    Wow ... I thought the only problem I had was the Bridge. Then I realized I had no WiFi connection, and everything I was doing was going through the phone. Tried to toggle it off/on, no luck, couldn't get past the green circle of death to even find an available network. I like the new UI and 2.0 has a lot of promise, but too much other necessary stuff is broke. So I tried to downgrade through the Winblows laptop, because that's where my most recent backup was, and it crapped out half way through. So I tried it on the Mac, even though I had no backup there ... downgrade completed ok, back to 1.0.7.3312, WiFi up, bridge up ... and all my apps and data were still in place. Whew. Doing another backup now on both machines. Enough of this pioneering crap for now ... I need my PB working. I think I'll wait for the official release.
    10-19-11 08:04 PM
    Having prettty good luck with the beta over all.

Did find that the new IHeart Radio web player causes the browser to snap shut.
    www.wiba.com uses it. See if it does it to you?

For comparison, try a non-IH player here: WTDY Talk Radio 1670, News > Talk > Business, Madison Wisconsin that does not snap the browser shut.

The Facebook native app seems to have issues from time to time as well. Snapping shut when it does not load completely.

For what it is, it is fun to mess with.

Tim
    10-20-11 12:28 PM
    I don't seem to be having any of the issues listed. My bridge apps work fine. Only issue with email is that the option to get images is nowhere to be found.

Android apps on the other hand... don't get me started with the problems...
    10-20-11 12:39 PM
    Please stop using this thread. There is already a STICKY to track known issues for the OS2 BETA. It was put up this morning around 7AM EST:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issues-662823/

Please post all issues there.
    10-20-11 12:55 PM
    Good thread, BUT I already stickied the other one, and the poster will take the info from this thread and add it to his thread and we will just use the one I already stickied. Here....

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issues-662823/
    10-20-11 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD