I've been searching through many threads and can't get any answer.

I'm now on 2.1.0.1032

Seems like there's no icon for SMS (been receiving test SMS without notification on PB either).

And gee my messages are gone! (the ones on the native tablet email app, not my bridge phone messages.)

This update seems to have brought me trouble only up to now...
    10-03-12 07:53 PM
    You may have to set up your account ts again. I had to for contacts to populate.

Did you update the Bridge app on your phone? If not, do it, if yes, open it, Menu > Select your PB > Device Properties and make sure Sms/Text messages is ticked.

PS: I have an issue here, it shows text messages ticked and all my email accounts under it, when they should be under Messages. It's a bug though and Messages actually controls that.
    purple_bb likes this.
    10-03-12 08:02 PM
    Make sure to restart your phone after the new bridge too. I made thst mistake.
    purple_bb likes this.
    10-03-12 08:03 PM
    Are we able to download android apps now ?? If so how ?
    10-03-12 08:05 PM
    About the emails that are gone: my account is still there and seems to be configured properly. Maybe the PB will only record the new messages and obviously I have to forget about the old ones. Fortunately, I have the same account on a computer, so no harm done.

As for my contacts... I use the bridge ones. Never figured out how to install my Outlook contacts on the PB without actually setting the mail account that is attached to the contacts. So my bridge contacts are intact with this update.

I would never have figured out that an update was required on the phone. Thanks folks. My phone is rebooting now, I'll see how it goes after that.
    10-03-12 08:10 PM
    Funny how my PB lost WiFi connectivity after a restart. This issue has been bugging me lately. Now that I'm almost ready to test the updated bridge, it's so cool that it's happening. Yay!
    10-03-12 08:15 PM
    I updated new OS for Playbook and Bridge for 9930. SMS text and are under Blackberry Bridge on the Playbook, as well as email. Everything came back on my Playbook, only a few apps don't work properly.
    10-03-12 08:17 PM
    PVP, sorry I'm no good at advising you for Android. I am a slave of the App World. Perhaps there could be threads about that matter following the new OS update.
    10-03-12 08:19 PM
    There it is, a few restarts later, PB won't connect to my wifi network. Great! "This configuration has been disabled. Unable to acquire an IP address. Verify saved netword security settings."

BUT

SMS icon now appears in my PB Bridge folder. Thanks again CrackBerry community! You just saved me a headache and precious minutes.
    10-03-12 08:23 PM
    Patience everyone, patience.
    purple_bb likes this.
    10-03-12 08:27 PM
    DELETE the wifi profile and connect again? Does that work?
    purple_bb likes this.
    10-03-12 08:29 PM
    There it is,wifi back. Simply unticked and ticked again "automatically obtain IP address".

This is beyond my competences... just luck.
    diegonei likes this.
    10-03-12 08:34 PM
    diego genius, Wifi issue solved, but I make a note of your solution. As a lazy one, I try not to delete profiles because I sometimes have a hard time figuring or finding my settings, passwords, etc. Anyway, I'll remember your suggestion if my own solution (untick-tick) does not work when my wifi connection bugs again... and I have a feeling it will.
    10-03-12 08:45 PM
    Everything is going great for me.
    purple_bb likes this.
    10-03-12 08:54 PM
    ... Never figured out how to install my Outlook contacts on the PB without actually setting the mail account that is attached to the contacts.
    When setting up an account [exchange, gmail etc], it gives options [toggle] to sync email, contacts and calendar. So as long as you know how to setup your exchange account you can then toggle off email and calendar then only contacts will be synced.
    10-04-12 12:03 AM
    When setting up an account [exchange, gmail etc], it gives options [toggle] to sync email, contacts and calendar. So as long as you know how to setup your exchange account you can then toggle off email and calendar then only contacts will be synced.
    Yep, for me i got Gsync for Outlook which syncs contacts and calendar with Google AND recently got the Hotmail add in for Outlook that does the same for my live.com account. And since both those accounts are on my PlayBook it populates my Playbook's native contacts app. And as stated by a previous poster, i can control if i want contact and/or calendar to sync from within the Accounts settings in my Playbook. I would try the native Playbook contacts app...it's way more feature rich than the bridge contact app.
    purple_bb likes this.
    10-04-12 01:34 AM
    I recently started using Google calendar sync with my Outlook and really appreciate it so that my portable computer keeps my appointments without Outlook running on it, so I will definitely try to explore how I could use it to build a native PB contact list via Google.

Problem is that the email account on my PB is my business account, with no contacts associated, so I'll see if that works. I guess I could also add my Gmail account to the mail profiles on the PB, in order to get my contacts included in the PB itself, without the Bridge.

Will definitely try something when I have a minute, thanks for the hints! :-)
    10-04-12 09:13 AM
    My main email account is a work one without any contacts associated with it. But i also set up my Google account on the PB as well...I don't use that account for sending or receiving email, just for calendar sync
    and to pull the contacts.
    10-04-12 11:24 AM
    Ended up with doubling my appointments on my Google calendar. Woups!

When it's not due to be easy...
    10-05-12 06:19 AM
    @purple_bb, when you get the message "this profile is disabled..." select it anyway and simply slide the disabled button back to enable it, then tel it to save and connect. Works for me every time.
    10-05-12 05:28 PM
    @gtiffany I do that everytime and it doesn't work for me. Actually I went through a phase where the wifi on my PB was very unreliable. Every other electronic would connect and the PB would not even detect network. I'll see if the new update fixes that.

Meanwhile, the only solution I found is the one I stated. I had tried restart, clear internet history and cookies... I would just give up.
    10-06-12 08:32 AM
    I've been searching through many threads and can't get any answer.

I'm now on 2.1.0.1032

Seems like there's no icon for SMS (been receiving test SMS without notification on PB either).

And gee my messages are gone! (the ones on the native tablet email app, not my bridge phone messages.)

This update seems to have brought me trouble only up to now...
    10-06-12 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD