I also posted this a few days ago on the BB forums, but that produced little results so I am hoping that people can help me out here!.
    Before the upgrade to 2.1.x, I was able to connect the bridge to my BB phone and then use the regular browser to connect to the internet (NOT the Bridge Internet Browser). I could also send and receive emails with my internet email accounts and -some- (only some, not all) applications also had internet access over the bridge. This is now no longer possible/working - I get a "Your BB Smartphone is unable to establish a connection to the destination server" and native (not bridge) emails are no longer received or sent.

I have upgraded the Bridge on my phone, and all BB mail, calendar etc works fine, including the new SMS function, but I really miss not being able to do my other emails on the move and having to go to the Bridge Browser (not a big deal, but it means managing 2 sets of bookmarks.)

The only other change is that I also received a new phone from my company, a BB Bold 9900 (previously a 9700) with OS 7.1 bundle 1149 (v7.1.0.342).. When I checked the version of the Bridge on the phone by going to BB Bridge / About BB Bridge, it shows v However, when I go to App World, it shows, as does Application Management (under Settings) in the phone. I just rebooted the phone, still the same result. I just have to assume that is installed and that the "about" screen is wrong. I checked on another thread and I believe that Bridge v2.1.0.26 is the correct version for OS7.1?

I am on Swisscom, but like I said, this all used to work before, so I don't think the carrier policies have changed. (and I believe it should??)

Any thoughts/advice?
    I apologize if this has been answered on one of the many other threads - i did do a search and trawled through the 30+ pages on the OS2.1 bugs and fixes but nothing specifically like this turned up

Thanks a million for any help/advice!!

10-12-12 02:48 AM
    Have you turned off bluetooth on both your phone and the PB and then re-booted both?

10-12-12 06:47 AM
    How did you upgrade Bridge? You might want to try UN-pairing and then Re-Pairing the two units.
    10-12-12 12:14 PM
    I would recommend a couple things. First delete bridge from your phone. Next delete the bluetooth entry from your playbook. Next reboot both devices. Next, on your phone open app world and download the Bridge app or go http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-26-a-621230/ and download the latest for your OS on your phone. Last, really par your devices.
    tomdietom likes this.
    10-12-12 12:44 PM
    Hi Hgouck

Apologies for the late reply - I was away. Thanks for this - this all worked as per the last message, removing it all etc and reinstalling. However, where I think it really went wrong, in retrospect, was that I had 2 bluetooth channels still available in the PB, one for my old phone, one for my new. Anyway, all resolved now... :-))
    One thing I did notice though: I sent a test message to my internet mail account from my work account and this did not arrive, however, the return message worked, as did the browser, so I think there is a mail box synchronisation problem as well, which I will try to track down. I have noticed this before, don't know why it happens.
    10-22-12 08:33 AM
    I am happy you were able to work it out.
    10-23-12 05:51 AM
    My native email has never worked for sending mail over bridge, only works for receiving
    10-23-12 06:19 PM