Hi, I recently bought the playbook last friday, I am very happy with the device, I can do all my school work etc etc
    Thing is, I want to play some great games like Modern Combat 2/3, Nova, COD Zombie etc
    I am running a PlayBook on OS 2.1.1.1088, I tried the DDPB side loading method, I tried to run the app but it either "force closed" or failed to open at all.

I want more out of my playbook...

Is there a way I can put games on my playbook OS 2.1 for free?

Enlighten me people.
    11-06-12 01:58 PM
    Some games may not be compatible with the OS. If it appears on your PB, the sideloading is fine, it is the problem of the app.
    b3ecky_playbooker likes this.
    11-06-12 02:12 PM
    Do a Google search for Playbook .bar files, you will find various sites with legit apps to side load, including games if they are free. Modern Combat, N.O.V.A 2 are available to purchase through App World
    11-06-12 02:20 PM
    If possible can You provide me a link..if you can

I have tried sideloading apps from 'Goodereader' website
    But the apps still wont load

Im so confused, do I have to hack/root/jailbreak...whatever you call it.... To my playbook?
    11-06-12 02:25 PM
    Have a look on blackberryos.com its a good source of info. You could even try PlayBook Apps & Games in the playbook forum here!
    11-06-12 02:36 PM
    Thankyou very much
    I let you guys know even more information after i try this
    11-06-12 02:42 PM
    If possible can You provide me a link..if you can

I have tried sideloading apps from 'Goodereader' website
    But the apps still wont load

Im so confused, do I have to hack/root/jailbreak...whatever you call it.... To my playbook?
    No, you don't have to hack/root/jailbreak your PlayBook.

I don't use DDPB, but I assume you still have to make sure you put your PB in Developer Mode (go to settings(the cog wheel on the top bar of main screen)->Security (scroll down the left column to find it)->Development Mode->Use Development Mode should be ON). It will require you to have a password if there isn't one currently. Also, I don't know if DDPB needs BAR files to install or if it converts APK to BAR first. Make sure your files are BAR first and try again. For example make sure it is NOVA.bar and not NOVA.apk

Also, if you use Chrome you can download an extension called PlayBook App Manager. Just open Chrome, select Crome Web Store and search Playbook. That too will sideload already converted BAR files.

To make a Bar file you can use: PlayBook .apk to .bar converter

To get an APK file (the Android file that you need to convert into a BAR file), you can either back up an APK file on an Android phone and put it onto your computer or search for the name of the game/app with APK. So for example Google "NOVA APK". Make sure you download free apps, not the paid ones. Also not all Android Apps work for the PB (as already noted).
    11-06-12 02:43 PM
    Problems with sideloading? Visit the website in my signature.
    11-06-12 02:49 PM
    Thankyou for your wonderful help.
    Thing is, i have tried all what you have said...developer mode...ddpb...conversion to bar format etc

I honestly dont know what to do with my playbook lol

And also tyvm pokermon ds
    11-06-12 02:54 PM
    Just buy the games that are in App World. We're getting new, awesome games everyday.
    11-06-12 04:23 PM
    There is quite a volume of Android apps that I've found just don't work, must be due to coding in the Android app being incompatible with the Playbook emulator.

That said there are a few wee jems of games popping up on the BB App World. I can recommend Flycraft as a great wee game to waste a few minutes to.
    11-07-12 07:22 AM
    The reason that many Android Apps don't work is because the blackberry android player is lacking the native android libraries needed to play them. It is the same reason why skype won't work.
    11-09-12 10:22 AM