11-06-12 05:29 PM
216 ... 789
tools
    Lost ability to transfer data after upgrade to .1088. USB and Wifi data transfer no longer works.
    Just tested wi-fi transfer with 2.1.0.1088 and it works for me.
    10-28-12 07:40 AM
    _________

I don't understand this. Why the difference?
    It could be due to where the PlayBooks were first registered or perhaps they had different versions of the OS, with the 64 GB PlayBook running an older version.
    10-28-12 07:42 AM
    FWIW: side-loading self-converted android apps still works for me.
    10-28-12 07:55 AM
    I had posted that all was well with this update but I was wrong. Originally updating to 2.1 had eliminated the need to continually re-enter my email password because my pb kept telling me it was incorrect even tho it wasn't. This small, innocent looking update of 79 mb has totally screwed it back up again. Thanks a lot for fixing the calendar problem RIM....
    Last edited by Chrysalis1156; 10-28-12 at 04:21 PM.
    10-28-12 11:50 AM
    In my deepest moments of frustration, I wonder whether the 2.1 release and subsequent update were deliberately designed to screw up in order to decrease expectations of Playbook users re: BB10. It's all such a crap shoot of problems with the calendar, email program, bridging with BBs, back ups on computer, browser connectivity problems, etc. Most of these are problems with the ability of the Playbook to communicate with other devices and they are increasing with each update, not improving. The Playbook's operating system is the basis for BB10. If every update creates even more problems than it solves, It doesn't give me any confidence that BB10 is going to be success we all want and RIM needs.
    andy957 likes this.
    10-28-12 12:50 PM
    What model is that? (I have an SR308 AV Amp with builtin tuner, never noticed anything of the sort!)
    TX 515 - from 2011 - apparently the whole line has this problem, require you to pull the plug to reset.
    10-28-12 11:17 PM
    Better battery life and snappier browser!
    10-29-12 02:35 AM
    Nope. As bad as ever for me.
    Regarding keyboard delay with browser: Obvious suggestion, but in case you haven't tried it, clear your browser cache, it works every time for me.
    11-01-12 12:45 AM
    The best thing about the 2.1 update was the text via bridge. But the lose of playing converted videos files, viewing of videos on the Web, the whole lag in typing that occurs randomly, and the shutting down of the browser also random, outweighed the gain.
    Not sure if I will chance this update.
    May just roll back to the 2.0OS and wait for BB10
    Update. You can not roll back just install your old backup(if that will work).
    Did a Security wipe and it did not help.
    Did a complete reload with BB Desktop Manager and BB Tech support and it did not help.
    I opened my browser two days later and open crackberry.com and the whole screen went black I had to do a hard restart to recover.
    I sent in the log file to BB support and my PlayBook is going in for repair this week.

Hope this helps someone.
    My wife is buying a 32GB PlayBook now.

KEEPING THE FAITH.
    11-04-12 06:16 PM
    What happened? I downloaded OS 2.1.0.1088 last week with 75Mb's and tonight I downloaded O.S 2.1.0.1088 for 3Mb's

Was that some sort of an additional upgrade?
    11-04-12 11:20 PM
    In my deepest moments of frustration, I wonder whether the 2.1 release and subsequent update were deliberately designed to screw up in order to decrease expectations of Playbook users re: BB10.
    The root cause of these fixed once and then broken with the next update issue can be traced back to the development methodology utilized by the BlackBerry Tablet OS development team. The incompetence needed to release broken software knows no bounds and thrives it seems within the walls of RIM. The quality of software coming from a handful of independent software developers of BlackBerry PlayBook applications is professional-grade while the software developed by the internal RIM team is reminiscent of first semester computer science students. If not for the independent software developers my multiple BlackBerry PlayBooks would be in a box in the basement.
    11-04-12 11:30 PM
    Other than the enter email password part which Chrysalis said, my Playbook runs perfectly.

@Chrysalis I thought it may have been just me and maybe my account had been hacked as i keep getting the 'wrong password' message too.
    11-05-12 04:41 AM
    Since the update things have just not been running well on my Playbook. The browser especially seems slow, and even freezes up on some pages that were never a problem before the update. I just find performance has slowed down a bit in general. I'd even venture to say it's hard to use at some points because it's can slow down so much. I definitely run into the keyboard issues others have mentioned, and not just in my browser. My Playbook has run very well since I got it, so I haven't had to experiment with any security wipes etc. Is that what I should maybe try in my case? I tried multiple restarts to see if it would have an effect and it hasn't.
    11-05-12 07:15 AM
    Other than the enter email password part which Chrysalis said, my Playbook runs perfectly.

@Chrysalis I thought it may have been just me and maybe my account had been hacked as i keep getting the 'wrong password' message too.
    I'm finding that I usually have this problem right after I turn my wireless back on after having it off for awhile. If I wait a minute or so before I open the messages app it generally doesn't give this error and if it does, pulling down and refreshing messages will usually fix it without having to re-enter my password.
    11-05-12 09:52 AM
    Lost ability to transfer data after upgrade to .1088. USB and Wifi data transfer no longer works.
    Okay, I've tested both USB and wi-fi transfers and they both work under 2.1.0.1088.
    11-06-12 12:47 PM
    Okay, I've tested both USB and wi-fi transfers and they both work under 2.1.0.1088.
    I too have had no problems transferring files via USB and Wifi. I use Linux primarily and still no problems. Worked with both Win 7 and 8.

w\
    11-06-12 05:29 PM
216 ... 789