There is nothing to fix as nothing is broken. It's always charged thru usb but only if the screen is off and you aren't using it, file transfers, and very slowly. I assume they added the notice because too many people were calling and complaining that it isn't charging in a USB port that doesn't supply enough juice to charge it in the first place. If you want it fixed buy a computer that has a USB port that supplies enough juice to charge it.
    Sorry, but I know what it was doing and what it is currently doing. Thanks for your input, though.
    10-26-12 09:25 AM
    Anybody notice if they fixed the email client to work with Exchange servers? 2.1 prevents email from proper communication with Exchange and does not pick up corporate enforced security protocols and you get the 'red x' in your inbox when sending an email although it does get sent.
    10-26-12 09:33 AM
    Charge Behaviour:

Theprovidedchargershouldbeusedtochargethedevice.Theoptional12voltrapidchargerismayreducechargingtimes
    toapproximately3to4hrs.StandardBlackberrysmartphonechargers,otherACadapterUSBchargers,orcomputerUSBports
    arenotrecommendedforthesolepurposeofchargingthePlayBookaswiththesemethodsitmaytakemorethat12hoursto
    chargetheBlackBerryPlaybook.

Ifthe battery voltage is below 3.53V(0%) then the charging behaviour is dependent on the softwareversion. The charging code will limit the charging current to under 400 milliamps,during whichtime, it may take an hour to reach 3.53 Volts. Once the battery voltage rises past 3.53 volts, then "high-rate" charging will start.If, after charging the Tablet for 4to 6 hours still doesnotresult inLEDactivity, attempt to force power on theBlackBerryPlaybook by pressing and holding only the Power Button for only 20 seconds.
    Unable to charge battery with connected source

This message is displayed because the voltage provided is insufficient for charging. The USB voltage is limited to 384mA even if the maximum tolerance is 500mA. The voltage is limited to 384mA by design to avoid violating the USB specification which states USB devices cannot draw more than 500mA from the USB port.
    KB27705-BlackBerry PlayBook battery power charge, discharge characteristics, and guidance on extending battery life

That sure didn't quote well lol
    Harry_III_UK likes this.
    10-26-12 09:57 AM
    It's just the front camera in Video Chat. Don't use it so not going to wipe my Playbook trying to fix it. Back camera works fine for pics and video recording.
    same here... called rim, they will repair.
    10-26-12 10:42 AM
    I got a 75MB download in Lagos, Nigeria yesterday though I haven't noticed any significant improvements cos I hardly ever noticed any bugs after I installed the initial 2.1.0.1032. In any case, I'm happy to be on the latest OS. One happy Playbook boy!
    10-26-12 10:58 AM
    My Yahoo contact still doesnt work. It used to work initially but I think it stopped working after last upgrade. After this current upgrade it is still not working.
    10-26-12 11:15 AM
    No thanks RIM. I'll skip this one. With every update I receive a 2 hour debricking session follows. They attempt to fix one issue and give us two more.
    10-26-12 11:19 AM
    is anyone using yahoo contacts successfully? my contacts were "lost" because i can't connect to yahoo...carddav.address.yahoo.com. Even after this update, that problem still exists. I am seeing this on two different playbooks. this worked fine on the 2.1.0.840 beta, but hasn't worked for me since.
    I am seeing the same thing after taking the update this morning. Contacts do not connect to carddav.address.yahoo.com.
    10-26-12 11:19 AM
    Not the update I was hoping for......
    10-26-12 11:21 AM
    my pb was annoying slow after the last update.. this one seems to fix quite a lot of the browser and air slowness for me
    10-26-12 11:38 AM
    79MB update size on my 16GB workhorse.

I did notice that the tablet as a whole feels a bit more responsive. Faster boot time and data transfer from my WiFi router (Comcast home gateway for docsys 3 and VOIP support). Despite my iPad 2 and others, I love this little thing, it keeps getting better with each update.

The perfect apps now would be Skype and a official Google Maps / Earth client.

A wish list for future updates?

A transparency option for the keyboard when you're typing in cramped areas and don't have a BlackBerry phone to type with via Bridge. One other wish, a big update to The Facebook app, I find myself using the browser more often as the RIM client has fallen way behind on many things.

Otherwise, I'm happy with this little tablet. Will never get rid of it as ever since 2.0, the PlayBook has been my best PIM device ever.
    10-26-12 11:41 AM
    Anybody notice if they fixed the email client to work with Exchange servers? 2.1 prevents email from proper communication with Exchange and does not pick up corporate enforced security protocols and you get the 'red x' in your inbox when sending an email although it does get sent.
    No - my Exchange email is still sending twice, once with the red X. Annoying!
    10-26-12 11:48 AM
    No - my Exchange email is still sending twice, once with the red X. Annoying!
    Same issue here. No change. I also have trouble sending messages, but is not consistent. Sometimes it just red x's and never sends; other times it red x's then sends a second or two later.
    10-26-12 12:52 PM
    Well, this is the first time that I have ever had any trouble with updating my Playbook. And my error is a very specific problem; when I open the browser and go to type an address into the address bar, I can only type the first two letters of the address; continued typing in the address bar does not do anything, i.e., no address appears. I had thought I was typing too fast, but that is not the issue. I tried typing in a document to see if that worked; and it did. I have rebooted twice now as well. I'll try a few more reboots later on when I get home but I may end up wiping. Not impressed at the moment.
    10-26-12 01:11 PM
    Darlaten, that was an issue with 2.1 beta
    After you typed those 2 letters, tap anywhere in the browser to get the focus out of the address bar, then go back to the address bar and you should now be able to type the url you wanted to type in the first place. It's a work-around, not a fix, but it will get you going for the time being.
    Darlaten likes this.
    10-26-12 01:25 PM
    Was 75MB for me. Can't really see a difference.
    10-26-12 01:27 PM
    [RESOLVED - the wifi issue was the fault of my TrendNet router, not the Playbook] A bug report after this update. Wifi has connection problems. Seems it doesn't stay connected between usage - maybe longer than an hour or so. Turning wifi off then on reconnects it. The Wifi icon stays green like it is connected and the menu says it is connected, but it doesn't put through traffic.
    Last edited by Marty_LK; 10-27-12 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Problem resolved
    10-26-12 01:34 PM
    I thought the reboot took longer!
    10-26-12 01:39 PM
    Well back to BB with my Playbook �120 bargain ! Must say best 1080 HD streaming screen I have ever seen in a tablet screen !!

ALL the Pearl 3G app world updates issued rolled on for me on Orange UK from December 2011 until June, I was still in warranty upto Feb 2012 but Orange would not replace it, had to give up on Pearl 3G - I was left with NO Blackberry services bar the browser & email. Next upgrade due Feb 2013.

Back to topic:

I got a 75MB update on PB 64GB.....are different updates being rolled out to test things ? It's like we are all in a BB unofficial beta mode....

I have not updated it yet, still in two minds to do it, I only done the major 2.1 today already in first day of ownership, having researched that update prior to purchase, 18 hours later this update pops up....
    10-26-12 01:52 PM
    Updated, and my PB runs a lot faster, the keyboard doesn't lock up as much and there is NO lag in the settings menu anymore! Really happy
    10-26-12 02:01 PM
    The SMS function isn't working for me ... all the text messages look like they are from the same person ..... a screen briefly comes up with correct names but then changes to a screen with all the same source. Anyone else seen the same ?
    10-26-12 02:13 PM
    Mine is 230mb. Why so much bigger than others a around 74mb?
    10-26-12 02:32 PM
    My browser crashes alot now after this update.
    10-26-12 02:41 PM
    rotorwrench,

Thank you!!
    I was so psyched about 2.1 then was quickly disappointed with this SMS issue...
    Was hoping that this update would fix it but now I found out why and was able to successfully fix mine as well.
    Made my day!!
    10-26-12 02:45 PM
216 ... 45678 ...