11-06-12 05:29 PM
216 12345 ...
tools
    Full screen email view has been fixed in this release...In the previous one, it stopped working...so I guess it's more than just one fix.
    10-25-12 07:43 PM
    I wanted to point out that the HTML5 test score has NOT changed since the last OS update.

OS 2.1.0.1032 has a score of 411 + 9.

I believe they recently changed the scoring of the HTML5 test so the weightings are slightly changed which might be why some people think the 411+9bonus is higher.

(I'm still on 2.1.0.1032 so I can confirm this)
    10-25-12 07:43 PM
    is anyone using yahoo contacts successfully? my contacts were "lost" because i can't connect to yahoo...carddav.address.yahoo.com. Even after this update, that problem still exists. I am seeing this on two different playbooks. this worked fine on the 2.1.0.840 beta, but hasn't worked for me since.
    10-25-12 07:44 PM
    My calendar won`t open after the update
    mandony likes this.
    10-25-12 07:46 PM
    411 on html5
    10-25-12 07:53 PM
    For me, the 79 MB update installed quickly and without any issues at all but like everybody else, I'm also wondering what's been changed and what's new in this update. Hopefully Research In Motion will publish a change log for this update soon.
    Delmeister likes this.
    10-25-12 07:59 PM
    Javascript issue still there. I am disappointed.
    10-25-12 08:09 PM
    Dose RIM provide any change log for tbese updates?

It's my first PB and I don't even own a BB device, actually no smartphones here at all, just the old hand-me-downs from my kids to finish off their contracts when they jumped ship.
    10-25-12 08:09 PM
    Well I never had severe issues but after I updated I experienced browser and messenger crashes. The latter when trying to delete unread emails...The browser crashed when changing my password on this forum. I hope that's not gonna keep happening...
    PlayBook 16 gb
    Update : seems to work fine now
    Last edited by robisbe; 10-25-12 at 09:02 PM.
    10-25-12 08:10 PM
    Did someone ask for a changelog?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kJhQ3hmVUNhNUE

21 modules were updated, no significant change in version numbers. I know this does not fix much, but it does go to show that RIM has not dropped development on the Playbook OS, but it is clear that they are mostly focused on BB10 development.
    10-25-12 08:15 PM
    It's nice that they haven't forgotten us, I guess.
    10-25-12 08:24 PM
    Still does not appear to be syncing with facebook calendar. I have tried to delete and re-add account but no go.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-25-12 08:26 PM
    Guys, the only major change in this update is a "fix" so that when you upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1, it doesn't wipe out your Calendar entries. The prior version had a major bug which did that. If you already upgraded to a 2.1 version before this, this does nothing for you. C'mon, it's a nothing update.

I hope that it fixes a couple of other things besides the local calendar/contacts bug.
    It doesn't.
    10-25-12 08:28 PM
    Apparently for me, I'm experiencing issues with charging my Playbook when it's connected to my computer. This issue first started when I downloaded the beta of OS 2.1 before it was publicly available. Even this update didn't fix that issue. The strange thing is that some people even keep telling me that the Playbook isn't supposed to be able to charge when connected to the computer but realistically, my Playbook has always been able to charge up until two months ago.
    10-25-12 08:32 PM
    Going into Facebook Messages works again.
    FB birthdays in the Calender still broken (deleting the account and re-adding didn't help).
    Clicking on a FB photo goes directly to the photo, not the first one in the album. (Not sure if this was exactly the problem someone had or not.)
    Last edited by cbvinh; 10-25-12 at 08:49 PM.
    10-25-12 08:38 PM
    Apparently for me, I'm experiencing issues with charging my Playbook when it's connected to my computer. This issue first started when I downloaded the beta of OS 2.1 before it was publicly available. Even this update didn't fix that issue. The strange thing is that some people even keep telling me that the Playbook isn't supposed to be able to charge when connected to the computer but realistically, my Playbook has always been able to charge up until two months ago.
    If you're talking about the notification saying it can't charge when you connect it to USB (or a low-powered wall or car adapter), ignore it. It's meaningless. They added it in 2.1. God knows why RIM included that. It can charge, just extremely slowly. And if you're running several apps or have the screen at max brightness, then it likely will only hold the battery charge steady and not increase it. Just keep that in mind. The wall wart that comes with the PB pumps out something like 1.2 amps, which is huge for a handheld device. USB (and most car and wall adaptesr) only do 500mA or so. The warning is for the dummies who don't understand amperage.
    10-25-12 08:39 PM
    If you're talking about the notification saying it can't charge when you connect it to USB (or a low-powered wall or car adapter), ignore it. It's meaningless. They added it in 2.1. God knows why RIM included that. It can charge, just extremely slowly. And if you're running several apps or have the screen at max brightness, then it likely will only hold the battery charge steady and not increase it. Just keep that in mind. The wall wart that comes with the PB pumps out something like 1.2 amps, which is huge for a handheld device. USB (and most car and wall adaptesr) only do 500mA or so. The warning is for the dummies who don't understand amperage.
    That's exactly the notification that I'm talking about. For some reason, when I connect my Playbook into my computer using the USB connection, I get a notification saying that the device is "Unable to charge battery with connected source" and won't charge. However when I connect my BlackBerry into my computer, it charges without any issues at all. Even the people at RIM tried to insist that the Playbook shouldn't be able to charge when connected to the computer which leads me to call them idiots because that's not true as like I've stated earlier, I've been able to charge my Playbook when connected to the computer up until late August - Mid September.
    10-25-12 08:52 PM
    OS 2.1.0.1088 update-img_00000320.jpg

Been stuck trying to get the update for 3 hours and then I remembered RIM's new app!! !!

Thanks RIM!!!!!
    nnomad likes this.
    10-25-12 09:02 PM
    Update came in at about 79mb for my 32GB unit. After reading it was mostly for contacts I don't expect much change. Hopefully the next update addresses the typing delay.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-25-12 09:11 PM
    Hmmmm wonder if it fixes the SMS problem between the device and the PB????
    What issue were you having with the Bridge SMS? I just want to compare notes.
    10-25-12 09:17 PM
    Still has "Camera in use" error opening Video Chat.
    10-25-12 09:20 PM
    If my camera or video was down I'd do some serious operating on my PlayBook. It's great cameras are one of my favorite things about it.
    10-25-12 09:24 PM
    is anyone using yahoo contacts successfully? my contacts were "lost" because i can't connect to yahoo...carddav.address.yahoo.com. Even after this update, that problem still exists. I am seeing this on two different playbooks. this worked fine on the 2.1.0.840 beta, but hasn't worked for me since.
    I actually think this is something Yahoo has done. Yahoo mail was up and down like a rollercoaster a few weeks ago and after they brought things back up to stay, our Yahoo contacts no longer synced. Mine did in the 2.1 update until the Yahoo incident. Others have stated that Yahoo may now be blocking them.
    diegonei likes this.
    10-25-12 09:42 PM
    I'm using the French layout and again, I could not read the update description because it was in Spanish.... made the update blindfolded...
    I don't know why RIM quality control can't make the diff between the two languages...
    10-25-12 09:42 PM
    I also noticed that FB message now works after an update.
    10-25-12 09:52 PM
216 12345 ...