Still downloading. Don't know if I should install though. People seem to be having lots of problems UK.
    10-26-12 02:56 PM
    Don't risk it. There really is no needed features in this update. Ignore the update and save yourself the headaches.
    andybloo likes this.
    10-26-12 03:06 PM
    The best thing about the 2.1 update was the text via bridge. But the lose of playing converted videos files, viewing of videos on the Web, the whole lag in typing that occurs randomly, and the shutting down of the browser also random, outweighed the gain.
    Not sure if I will chance this update.
    May just roll back to the 2.0OS and wait for BB10
    10-26-12 03:44 PM
    I updated and now can't watch YouTube or videos as the audio is all screwed up....super funny watching Kid Rock but as real disappointed....any clues as go bow to.fix?
    10-26-12 03:52 PM
    I updated and now can't watch YouTube or videos as the audio is all screwed up....super funny watching Kid Rock but as real disappointed....any clues as go bow to.fix?
    Not youtube problems here.
    10-26-12 04:14 PM
    My phone calendar will not update to my PB! Why is this so difficult I mean it only makes sense to make an input on either device and both are current and updated! If it wasn't for Pacemaker the DJ app I would hardly use my PB since my phone does a better job! Oh yeah and since the last update my battery life hs been garbage... that is all.
    10-26-12 04:57 PM
    The SMS function isn't working for me ... all the text messages look like they are from the same person ..... a screen briefly comes up with correct names but then changes to a screen with all the same source. Anyone else seen the same ?
    Read this post for the fix.
    You are seldom the first person with a problem.
    10-26-12 05:09 PM
    Went back to 2.1 by using the desk top plug in....problem fixed.
    10-26-12 05:39 PM
    This update seems to have blown out my sideloaded Shazam 1.3. It just constantly shows an error: "Alert. Sorry, we couldn't tag your music. Try again? Yes or No."
    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Shazam but it just won't work now.

It's not their servers; my WP7 phone has Shazam working just fine.
    Can anyone else confirm whether Shazam is still working under this new update?
    10-26-12 08:25 PM
    The best thing about the 2.1 update was the text via bridge. But the lose of playing converted videos files, viewing of videos on the Web, the whole lag in typing that occurs randomly, and the shutting down of the browser also random, outweighed the gain.
    Not sure if I will chance this update.
    May just roll back to the 2.0OS and wait for BB10
    Are you talking about m4v files when you say converted video files because I play avi converted to m4v with Handbrake without a problem. Also, how would I "roll back" as you suggest to, say, 668?
    Last edited by jsdhornby; 10-26-12 at 10:55 PM.
    10-26-12 10:42 PM
    Went back to 2.1 by using the desk top plug in....problem fixed.
    Which 2.1 did you go back to and what is the desk top plug in? Thanks.
    10-26-12 10:45 PM
    How do I cancel and remove this annoying icon from the top toolbar? It is annoying as as I don't plan to upgrade my OS anytime soon...
    Help ?
    10-27-12 02:26 AM
    It DEFINITELY runs a bit smoother & faster. The Browser is faster, I use Play On for Netflix, which is a streamer and even on Bridge it runs faster now. My Reeboot time is now down to 2:30 and the Battery Life is back to amazing.
    10-27-12 02:34 AM
    It DEFINITELY runs a bit smoother & faster. The Browser is faster, I use Play On for Netflix, which is a streamer and even on Bridge it runs faster now. My Reeboot time is now down to 2:30 and the Battery Life is back to amazing.

Loool It seems to good to be true... I'm not risking it. Yet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-27-12 02:46 AM
    It fixes the bridge icom problem

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    10-27-12 03:17 AM
    Attachment 123869

Just now...
    Nice wallpaper.
    10-27-12 04:10 AM
    Perform a hard reboot of the tablet. You might have to repeat the process multiple times. A hard reboot is initiated by simultaneously holding down the VolUp, VolDown, and Power button (all on the top edge of the tablet) until the device shuts down which can be several dozen seconds. Then release the buttons and if the tablet does not automatically restart simply press and hold the Power button until you see a red LED illuminate briefly.
    10-27-12 04:25 AM
    Hmmm my two month old Playbook now only charges to 91% now.
    10-27-12 04:27 AM
    Some of my videos (retrieved from Flash's cash on OS X and then saved as mp4 using QT Pro) indeed don't play but that's always been the case. I use Local Media Player or Player D for watching videos.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    10-27-12 04:38 AM
    79MB update here. Seemed *very* slow when installing around 70-75% mark. Thought it had hung, but it eventually finished.

Contrary to others though, I'm finding my battery draining faster. I had it fully charged when updated, now after about 2 hours of just being on it's already down to 87%. Not running anything, but it's definitely draining quicker than it ever has before.
    Have you tried a 'restart'?

My battery definitely seems to be lasting longer after the update.
    10-27-12 06:01 AM
    Updated mine with no noticeable difference other than my calendar can only be viewed in week mode. Another frustration induced by BB.
    10-27-12 06:42 AM
    A restart fixed that problem for me
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    10-27-12 08:12 AM
    No issues with the latest update.
    10-27-12 10:26 AM
    I'm not getting any bridge notifications (bbm, email) since doing the update. Anyone else having this problem?
    10-27-12 11:13 AM
    I made a bug report post in this thread about the wifi not staying connected after this update. Happily I report that isn't the case. It was the fault of my TrendNet router. I switched to much better, and much newer, router and wifi issues are gone.
    10-27-12 11:46 AM
216 ... 56789