I got mine to work by simply signing out of the FB app then back in. I also changed the FB birthday reminder to another value, checked calendar and FB events were there
    I tried changing the FB birthday reminder setting with no change. The Calendar did re-sync, but no birthdays populated the calendar. I don't have any FB events, so I can't test to see if events populate the calendar.

As for logging out of the FB app and back in, I don't see the connection with using the FB app and affecting Accounts in Settings.
    10-26-12 02:15 AM
    Those who have commented about better battery life after this update, I think mine is also getting outstanding battery life now. My PB has been off the dock charger for about 2 hours now and is barely below the full line; the battery icon is at about 90 to 95%
    you know that you can tap the battery icon to show the percentage right?
    10-26-12 02:20 AM
    It would be good if you have a problem to post it here, list the steps you've taken so other people can try to replicate it, and perhaps we can work together to find a solution or register it as a bug.
    10-26-12 02:23 AM
    mine is the same but I cang open email,contacts or calender
    10-26-12 02:58 AM
    Having the same problems with the camera/video. Getting the same 4003 error message.

Just finished updating to 1088. Had the previous update to 2.1 and had the same problem then.
    Guess I'll have to call tech support. My PB is still under warranty til end of November.

FYI;
    16gb PB
    440mb update, Canada.

Any suggestions before I call tech support?

had this aftwr the first official 2.1 update, try making a picture or record a video. 4003 error?

support told me to unbrick, send logs and stuff like that and after a week they told me to send it in. got it back 4 days later.

its still unbelieveable that the updaze process csn kill the camera...

Gesendet von meinem BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps mit Tapatalk 2
    10-26-12 03:09 AM
    Hmmmm wonder if it fixes the SMS problem between the device and the PB????
    What problem?
    10-26-12 03:26 AM
    75Mb dl here in France for a 64gb PB set to talk to me in UK English.
    Haven't noticed any changes yet ... impressions about snappierness are usually just that, impressions due to a thorough reboot and probable cleanup of outdated caches and the like.
    10-26-12 03:32 AM
    Nice one RIM

Great battery life, Wi-Fi strength stronger, most bugs gone, running really sweet now!

t
    Spencerdl and Max741 like this.
    10-26-12 04:55 AM
    USB connection with Windows is DEAD (don't know about MAC). I know I'm not the only one with this issue. Better stay away from this update...
    10-26-12 06:41 AM
    USB connection fine here, as is camera et.al.
    10-26-12 06:44 AM
    Glad to hear that. But if You haven't updated Your Playbook yet, and You're not into gambling, better stay away, or You might be one of the lucky ones having USB connection broken. Maybe that's my luck? Maybe I'll buy a lottery ticket today?

On a different computer connection works. On my laptop connection was working before update. Both computers the same HP Elitebook laptops. One running VISTA (connection works) one running Win7 (connection dead)
    10-26-12 06:47 AM
    I updated to the .1088, and USB is fine!
    10-26-12 06:52 AM
    What usb problem? None here.
    10-26-12 06:54 AM
    Can you still side load android apps after upgrading to 2.1.0.1088?

I would like to see the change log for this update before I install it.

Had a nasty experience updating my 8800 from 4.2 to 4.5 - blue tooth stopped working and the only way to fix it was to downgrade to 4.2 which was VERY frustrating and VERY time consuming to figure out what was wrong and then correct it.

I'm a little wary now of installing RIM updates to the OS without knowing what is in them.

Anyone seen the change log yet?

Harry
    10-26-12 06:56 AM
    It does not appear to have fixed the keyboard delay, at least on first testing.
    10-26-12 06:57 AM
    Oh, it lists as 75 Meg here in the UK to be downloaded to my PB 64 GIG.
    10-26-12 06:59 AM
    Nice one RIM

Great battery life, Wi-Fi strength stronger, most bugs gone, running really sweet now!

I totally agree with this statement. Thanks for the the fix RIM

t
    10-26-12 07:00 AM
    The issue between PB SMS and Contacts/Phone SMS remains unfixed. I still have messages from one user tagged against five random contacts from my longish list. Weird.
    10-26-12 07:05 AM
    It does not look like it fixes much, hopefully Rim will be sending us some more updates soon?
    Software update v2.1.0.1088
    Oct. 25, 2012
    Includes the following update for the Wi-Fi only PlayBook: Fixed an issue some users were experiencing with locally created contacts and calendar events after a software update

PlayBook Support - Software and Upgrades - US
    10-26-12 07:21 AM
    It looks like the update messed up my desktop software and hence USB conection. Don't really know how, but it did. Complete reinstalation of desktop software helped.
    10-26-12 07:32 AM
    The issue between PB SMS and Contacts/Phone SMS remains unfixed. I still have messages from one user tagged against five random contacts from my longish list. Weird.
    I've read if you have phone numbers with an extension on it that messes things up.
    10-26-12 07:44 AM
    Can they fix the part where I can't charge through the USB port connected to my computer anymore. First, it was just my new Playbook. Now both of them have this problem, although this started before I started to do the upgrade.
    10-26-12 07:46 AM
    Can they fix the part where I can't charge through the USB port connected to my computer anymore. First, it was just my new Playbook. Now both of them have this problem, although this started before I started to do the upgrade.
    There is nothing to fix as nothing is broken. It's always charged thru usb but only if the screen is off and you aren't using it, file transfers, and very slowly. I assume they added the notice because too many people were calling and complaining that it isn't charging in a USB port that doesn't supply enough juice to charge it in the first place. If you want it fixed buy a computer that has a USB port that supplies enough juice to charge it.
    diegonei likes this.
    10-26-12 07:57 AM
    I confirm that my Yahoo contacts still don't sync. I put a bogus contact into Yahoo mail and it syncs with my Torch 9800 but not with the PB. I used a Gmail account as a get around.
    10-26-12 08:12 AM
    73MB update in Malaysia!
    10-26-12 08:28 AM
216 ... 34567 ...