Downloaded the 2.1.0.1088, have had no issues so far, I did get a notification not long after, for an update for Tetris, but when I went to update, it did not need it???? oh well..
    10-25-12 08:52 PM
    Can't delete my emails. I touch the garbage icon, box pops up " delete message" i press delete and nothing. Email not deleted. Swiped the bezel touched select, selected email touched the deleted icon and delete window pops up touch delete and nothing. Its seems that the delete function its not working.

Solved the problem. Deleted the email account from playbook and added it back to playbook and now its working fine.
    Last edited by mrcurve; 10-25-12 at 09:10 PM.
    10-25-12 08:54 PM
    Still does not appear to be syncing with facebook calendar. I have tried to delete and re-add account but no go.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Same here. FB calendar does not sync.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    10-25-12 08:54 PM
    I'm not the poster but my issue is that I can't get rid of the new message mark (what did we decide to call the splat?)
    What issue were you having with the Bridge SMS? I just want to compare notes.
    10-25-12 08:57 PM
    From Rio de Janeiro, Brazil , 73 MB update for my PB 32 GB.
    10-25-12 08:58 PM
    It's just the front camera in Video Chat. Don't use it so not going to wipe my Playbook trying to fix it. Back camera works fine for pics and video recording.
    10-25-12 09:02 PM
    Still slow as ever, and the calendar did not get fixed yet.
    10-25-12 09:14 PM
    This update is to prevent data loss from the calendar after an update to 2.1. Unfortunately, I cannot tell how effective the fix is because I already updated to 2.1 and lost my calendar data. It's anybody's guess whether this fix prevents a future data loss for a different update. And sigh. Rim hasn't fixed the calendar bug that display a blank screen for the monthly calendar view if your default view has been set to weekly.

I've been using calendars on devices for 2 decades and I've never seen this quirky set of problems elsewhere.
    10-25-12 09:15 PM
    Maybe RIM is going to drop BB10 for the playbook before Christmas. The Playbook could be the "pre release" platform for the phones.
    Harry_III_UK and si001 like this.
    10-25-12 09:26 PM
    Going into Facebook Messages works again.
    FB birthdays in the Calender still broken (deleting the account and re-adding didn't help).
    Clicking on a FB photo goes directly to the photo, not the first one in the album. (Not sure if this was exactly the problem someone had or not.)
    I got mine to work by simply signing out of the FB app then back in. I also changed the FB birthday reminder to another value, checked calendar and FB events were there

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook Runtime for Android using Tapatalk 2
    10-25-12 09:49 PM
    Apparently for me, I'm experiencing issues with charging my Playbook when it's connected to my computer. This issue first started when I downloaded the beta of OS 2.1 before it was publicly available. Even this update didn't fix that issue. The strange thing is that some people even keep telling me that the Playbook isn't supposed to be able to charge when connected to the computer but realistically, my Playbook has always been able to charge up until two months ago.
    Ignore the message, charging functionality works exactly the same way, the message is there to say, "Hey! Charging is probably not going to work because the power delivered to the Playbook is too low." Which is true because USB port for a computer can deliver a maximum of 2.5W. Meaning it will take over 8 hours to charge if it is on Standby, and much longer if you are using it. In fact if you are using, the drain on the battery will probably be greater than the charge rate. So use the proper charger. (Note: This has been repeated Many Many Many Many times on the forums already. Next time, use the search function before you pull your hair out. You'll live longer. )

Still has "Camera in use" error opening Video Chat.
    It's just the front camera in Video Chat. Don't use it so not going to wipe my Playbook trying to fix it. Back camera works fine for pics and video recording.
    If you ever plan on using the front camera, I suggest you try to wipe and fix it. It might not be a software issue, and might be a hardware issue. Shortly after updating to 2.0 earlier this year, right in the middle of using the camera, it stopped working. Gave a call to rim, did some trouble shooting, wipe/debrick, didn't work, so they asked me to send it in for repair. They sent it back fixed, so it might have been a hardware issue after all. (This was the back camera, for taking pictures)
    10-25-12 09:50 PM
    79 mb on my 64 gb. Thanks RIM for the 2nd update in a month.

I'm not going to complain about what is missing and what is not fixed as I don't care. Mine works just fine at everything I use it for. Things will get there, patience.

RIM Playbook developers, keep up the good work!
    Cracklen likes this.
    10-25-12 10:18 PM
    Those who have commented about better battery life after this update, I think mine is also getting outstanding battery life now. My PB has been off the dock charger for about 2 hours now and is barely below the full line; the battery icon is at about 90 to 95%
    10-25-12 10:32 PM
    79MB update here. Seemed *very* slow when installing around 70-75% mark. Thought it had hung, but it eventually finished.

Contrary to others though, I'm finding my battery draining faster. I had it fully charged when updated, now after about 2 hours of just being on it's already down to 87%. Not running anything, but it's definitely draining quicker than it ever has before.
    10-25-12 10:55 PM
    when do you think they will put a fix out for the problems they just caused with this update...? my playbook was working fine did the update... now i can not open email, contacts or calenders.... ahhh
    10-25-12 10:56 PM
    I got mine to work by simply signing out of the FB app then back in. I also changed the FB birthday reminder to another value, checked calendar and FB events were there

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook Runtime for Android using Tapatalk 2
    I tried that, but didn't work for me.
    10-25-12 11:01 PM
    I am having some weird issues with TapaTalk after the upgrade. Meaning I guess it is the app player that is acting up. Anyone else?
    10-25-12 11:22 PM
    It is supposed to fix the issue with contacts but it doesn't. Before these last 2 updates, contacts worked properly. Now, after 2 updates, they sstill won't associate with contacts. IMO this update is useless!
    my mail, contacts, and calender no longer work after this update.... i thought it was supposed to fix a problem not cause one?
    10-25-12 11:30 PM
    I am having some weird issues with TapaTalk after the upgrade. Meaning I guess it is the app player that is acting up. Anyone else?
    Working fine here. What issues are you having?

RCK

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-25-12 11:36 PM
    Obviously it's snappier now.
    10-25-12 11:41 PM
    Hmmmm wonder if it fixes the SMS problem between the device and the PB????
    That appears to be related to non-standard entries into the phone number fields,.as others have mentioned. In my case I too was getting the wrong names associated with contacts/numbers. I started going down the list on the PB checking the incorrect contact names and noticed that all that were incorrect I had been putting an extension number in the field below the contacts number. For example for contact X I had the number 123-456-7890 in the work field and whatever field was below it I had put "ext. 1234". Out of 796 contacts, 8 were like that and as soon as I deleted the ext. numbers everything was correct and all contacts matched. Hope this helps.
    10-26-12 12:39 AM
    You know how you think it will never happen to you.. and then one day.. It happens to you..
    Well my cameras died after upgrade to latest firmware.. Black screen when I run Camera app

Hard reset pending though..Worse still DM doesn't allow me to backup..
    Any one else have this yet?
    10-26-12 01:00 AM
    Instead of trying all the numbers one by one, you can just fix the contacts that are duplicated on playbook..it worked for me...I had put "w" wait thing in before a number and that was screwing it up..
    10-26-12 01:32 AM
    had this aftwr the first official 2.1 update, try making a picture or record a video. 4003 error?

support told me to unbrick, send logs and stuff like that and after a week they told me to send it in. got it back 4 days later.

its still unbelieveable that the updaze process csn kill the camera...

Gesendet von meinem BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps mit Tapatalk 2
    10-26-12 01:33 AM
    The browser if kinda effed
    10-26-12 01:48 AM
216 ... 23456 ...