I tried to tell folks that Feb. 14th wasn't the release date, but nooooooooo! I know it's exciting but you must understand. RIM has no idea when OS 2.0 will release, especially since developers are still submitting apps. Just be patient it will come out when it's ready.
    02-14-12 08:34 AM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-14-12 08:35 AM
    Who ever said that it was February 14? It has always been stated that it is February 17.
    02-14-12 08:38 AM
    i wish that those type of treads wouldnt be allowed as its full of incorect information and just gives false hopes and really whats the point... its full of negative comments.
    Willard814 and Barljo like this.
    02-14-12 08:39 AM
    RIM should release os2 asap because of upcoming ipad3. i would release it today if i were RIM because this would create positive vibe.
    02-14-12 08:40 AM
    Who ever said that it was February 14? It has always been stated that it is February 17.
    The date could have been Feb. 31st, but my message remains the same. Get it!
    02-14-12 08:40 AM
    Who said it would be February 17th? That is a rumored date of release just as much as the 14th was. RIM has not stated a definite date for the OS2 update to be released except that it is to be in February. Now if it is the 17th, all the better, but do not expect it that day. Just be watching your notifications on your PlayBook and you will know when it hits....or here at CrackBerry because they will definitely tell us when it hits.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-14-12 08:41 AM
    It's coming out today because RIM heard Odin wants it to be. If today ends proving me wrong, expect news that Thor will have gone into hiding to avoid HIS awesome wrath.
    02-14-12 08:44 AM
    RIM should release os2 asap because of upcoming ipad3. i would release it today if i were RIM because this would create positive vibe.
    But what if it's not ready? Judging from what I can do on my PB now, they should work diligently to makes sure what they release is solid, stable and kick a$$!
    02-14-12 08:44 AM
    i wish all the speculation would stop already, the os will come when it comes, its not helping anything speculating on dates. by us just spitting out every date that comes to mind, some dumb a$$ tech blogger takes it as actual info (you know how misinformed most of them are) and now this in turn makes rim look worse in the eyes of the media because they missed a date that THEY DIDNT EVEN SET! until that "you have a software update available" message comes up, i think we should just quit throwin out random dates.
    Last edited by erodenero; 02-14-12 at 08:52 AM.
    Willard814 and CDM76 like this.
    02-14-12 08:50 AM
    I am just going to throw in my 2 cents, or loonie or whatever... I don't know why RIM would wait to see if ALL the apps that developers are working on would work on OS2. Just Release it, make the PlayBook owners happy & let developers continue to work on their apps & improve them. What's more important? A new game app or a WAY OVER DUE update & native applications that RIM is known for?

I want a FREE version of Angry Birds, but no one seems to care... I want Skype, but people keep telling me to use Reel Portal - which I have no idea how to connect with people on... At least I have access to my Amazon Prime.

Give us OS 2 already & let those developers continue to work & make their money, since they aren't giving us FREE or LITE versions of the most popular apps out there anyway. I for one think it's a bad business move to let SAMSUNG show off Ice Cream Sandwich on their new Tablet and the iPad 3 rumors of a March release continue to grow... only thing is that APPLE delivers on their Rumors much more often than not.

I am not angry, just kinda frustrated with the lack of attention to users in this case. Those of you that have been BB users for years may be used to the RIM need for an overall better product, but the PlayBook is too good to not have basic email & calendar functions.

Happy "over hyped, consumer driven, pagan holiday" to all the people looking for love in over priced flowers & chocolates... I ain't mad atcha... got nuthin but love for ya!
    02-14-12 08:57 AM
    Here's one (by title) and there are many more within many, many 'release date' threads.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ht=february+14

No one from RIM has ever said the 17th either.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-14-12 09:15 AM
    i wish all the speculation would stop already, the os will come when it comes, its not helping anything speculating on dates. by us just spitting out every date that comes to mind, some dumb a$$ tech blogger takes it as actual info (you know how misinformed most of them are) and now this in turn makes rim look worse in the eyes of the media because they missed a date that THEY DIDNT EVEN SET! until that "you have a software update available" message comes up, i think we should just quit throwin out random dates.
    Real easy way to make the speculation stop would be to announce when it's coming. Seems pretty simple to me. If "rampant internet speculation" were a problem for RIM, it could stop it very, very easily.

At noon today we will be exactly 14.5 days through a 29-day month. Halfway through February and no official release date, no official list of what is being included, nothing. Even though I'm still convinced that this is one deadline they'll make, my confidence is beginning to shake�
    Willard814 and erodenero like this.
    02-14-12 09:17 AM
    I'm not sure why everyone is getting so worked up. People have waited 10 months for this to release, what's another couple of days.
    02-14-12 09:22 AM
    One thing is for sure, when 2.0 is released everyone will know. The PB will even tell us.
    I don't recall any of the 1.0 updates being announced. Maybe it's just the way they roll.
    jtvoxboi likes this.
    02-14-12 09:39 AM
    There were two rumored dates, Feb 17th and Feb 21st. As much as I'd like to see it ASAP, I suspect we won't see it on the 17th as that's a Friday, and no one likes to push out a change on a Friday in case something goes wrong. The 21st is the more believable date, RIM put a notice out to its developers to have its OS 2 apps finalized for Feb 7th, and if RIM is following a 2 week change cycle, that would put the 21st as the day OS 2 would come out with the new apps. Of course MWC takes place the week after that, so they could very well wait until the 27th to make a big splash at MWC.
    02-14-12 09:45 AM
    There were two rumored dates, Feb 17th and Feb 21st. As much as I'd like to see it ASAP, I suspect we won't see it on the 17th as that's a Friday, and no one likes to push out a change on a Friday in case something goes wrong. The 21st is the more believable date, RIM put a notice out to its developers to have its OS 2 apps finalized for Feb 7th, and if RIM is following a 2 week change cycle, that would put the 21st as the day OS 2 would come out with the new apps. Of course MWC takes place the week after that, so they could very well wait until the 27th to make a big splash at MWC.
    if they wait til mwc, it'll be too late imo...they'll get about a week of decent press coverage before the icraze starts over the ipad 3 :S
    btw they just extended the dev deadline to march
    02-14-12 10:01 AM
    Can I put it on my Bold 5700?
    02-14-12 10:13 AM
    I'm not sure why everyone is getting so worked up. People have waited 10 months for this to release, what's another couple of days.
    To play "devils advocate" that is the problem, People have waited far to long. Keeping in mind the people who are waiting have been very loyal so you would expect a company to deliver! Not only meet expectations but also exceed them.

Think of the people who paifd full price and have waited for almost 1yr for os2.0. OUCH!!!
    02-14-12 10:17 AM
    In wikipedia it's dated to 18 Feb. so who knows...
    02-14-12 10:21 AM
    In wikipedia it's dated to 18 Feb. so who knows...
    That's funny...somehow wiki knows everything. Wouldn't it be something if this is correct?
    02-14-12 10:33 AM
    I tried to tell folks that Feb. 14th wasn't the release date, but nooooooooo! I know it's exciting but you must understand. RIM has no idea when OS 2.0 will release, especially since developers are still submitting apps. Just be patient it will come out when it's ready.
    Are you suggesting RIM is waiting for developers to submit apps.. WHAT? So, once OS 2.0 is released they will stop submitting apps??

I'm not keen on exactly what date it will be released, based on their track record I wouldn't be surprised if it gets released on last day of Feb. They will have to release it in Feb. this time, otherwise they are in serious trouble.

Anyway, I don't get the title of this topic - "OS 2.0 will release date disappointment" - what the heck does it mean?
    02-14-12 10:37 AM
    Anyway, I don't get the title of this topic - "OS 2.0 will release date disappointment" - what the heck does it mean?
    It means English is not his/her native language
    02-14-12 10:58 AM
    wOW...I think the real problem is that we don't know and RIM does...that's why all the speculation. what's the since in keeping the release date secrete if they will just tell everybody. the speculation is most of the fun. Besides. I still bet that the date is actually before feb 30th..
    02-14-12 11:01 AM
    That's funny...somehow wiki knows everything. Wouldn't it be something if this is correct?
    Very unlikely (was it ever likely?)

From the bibliography of the wiki article it links to this page, seems familiar? No trace of Fapruary 18th
    02-14-12 11:02 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD