None of that statement even makes sense, it's barely even a coherent statement. You weren't perchance imbibing in a few wobbly-pops at the time were you?
    Don't know about him, but I am at this very moment. Yes. Yes I am well aware what time it is, stop looking at me like that.
    04-14-12 07:24 AM
    Understand you bein a girl and your perception of an electronic device bein a thing.. You've paid some money to RIM so your allegiance comes to RIM as default..
    You may have signed up to 'brand worship' but many of us purchased tools to fulfil a purpose.

I'd rather be a girl than pledge my allegiance to any company.
    Last edited by Fmar; 04-14-12 at 10:53 AM. Reason: grammar error
    Gouk likes this.
    04-14-12 07:48 AM
    Our Jafobabe is also a lady. Please, mind your manners here, too

Remember that demographics poll? We have just a few of fine ladies here. So, please, be considered.
    I think we are shooting too low here. I have 7 sisters, two daughters and a wife and their gender plays little into how I respect and treat them. We should treat all with the utmost respect lady, gentlemen or both.
    JeepBB, kennyliu and jafobabe like this.
    04-14-12 07:53 AM
    I think we are shooting too low here. I have 7 sisters, two daughters and a wife and their gender plays little into how I respect and treat them. We should treat all with the utmost respect lady, gentlemen or both.
    I couldn't agree more!

As my Mum tried hard to drill into me - I was listening Mum, honest! - "Manners maketh the Man".

We may not always agree on these forums, but politeness and good manners costs nothing, and may even strengthen your argument!

I stopped being impressed by trash-talking and name-calling mid-way through primary school. Resorting to abuse instead of reasoned opinion simply weakens the strength of your case.
    kennyliu and jafobabe like this.
    04-14-12 08:29 AM
    I was worried that I may go off topic, but I read most of this thread and, well, yeah I don't need to worry.

You know what I like about RIM and most companies that have my "loyalty"? RIM is the underdog. RIM is the company that HAS to innovate, the company that HAS to listen, and the company that HAS to have quality. If they don't, they are gone... bye bye RIM, there will be another tech company that comes in to take your place.

I think RIM is in a good position as an Underdog too. They have the fans that will stick up for them and tell everyone they can how much they love BlackBerry, and they have the customers that tells them "What are you doing?!? You are missing this and that, and this doesn't work smoothly". Without both sides RIM would fail because they either do not have anyone in there corner helping to market the BlackBerry (their Marketing Department NEEDS the help!), or they do not have customers telling them what they need to get fixed/bring in. Companies, I think, are pretty dumb. Once they are large enough there is zero thought process, just looking to get fed (money).

You look at Apple and they were going to be out of business and could not compete with Microsoft. Then they had the iMac (I believe that was the first product to turn it around). They knew they had to innovate, they knew they had to listen, they knew they had to have quality. Left and right they started making great products. Now they are back to the top and their three iPads are almost identical to each other.... and they still charge an arm and a leg for it. They are not the underdog anymore, and they do not have to fight with all their strength anymore, so it is back to sitting back and letting people buy their products, each with a new number at the end and each with 1 or 2 enhancements... every year.

RIM does not have the luxury of Apple, but they have the people yelling how great BlackBerry is, and people "b*tching and moaning" to get them working. On top of that, RIM didn't throw in the towel for PlayBook, they are actually working harder on it.

My "loyalty" goes to the underdog generally, because they may not win, but when they do, consumers benefit from it. It is not blind loyalty, mind you. The company must show that they want to turn things around... and releasing OS 2 and allowing Android apps shows, to me, that they are still willing to support their products, their customers, and try things they would never have done if they were #1. BB10 is another good sign that they are still fighting (and desperate fighters tend to win).

Edit:
    So I personally think BOTH sides are needed.
    Last edited by BerryClever; 04-14-12 at 12:14 PM. Reason: I am too wordy......
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    04-14-12 12:07 PM
    I was referring to calling women d*icks.. But some people liked it anyway.

But you are correct. No one should be name called on a public forum. Man or woman.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 04-14-12 at 12:21 PM.
    04-14-12 12:14 PM
    Understand you bein a girl and your perception of an electronic device bein a thing.. You've paid some money to RIM so your allegiance comes to RIM as default..
    Oh, varunsain! You are one kooky guy! But, listen, poopsie, you've got something a little backwards. When I pay some money to RIM, it owes allegiance to me, not the other way around. Besides, I own devices from other platforms/companies (yes, it's legal!), so I am multi-cultural.

But "bein a girl" and my "perception of an electronic device bein a thing...." Well, "bein a girl" - yes, I'm a woman type of a girly girl. But, "an electronic device bein a thing." As opposed to what? Some sort of half computer/ half human...like an andr...Oh, whoops. That's not going to go over well with you, is it?

Well, we do have a gender reversal here, don't we? I thought we woman type girly girls were supposed to be the emotional ones.

Well, as a "RIM customer for life," you are going to have to suffer through the reality that other people have complaints and will speak up about them, yes, "infecting" your idyllic world. But, listen, don't ever change, babe. I mean it.
    Last edited by barskin; 04-14-12 at 12:36 PM.
    04-14-12 12:33 PM
    "You've paid some money to RIM so your allegiance comes to RIM as default.."

Your allegiance may be Bought(or this is how I perceive your publicly stated view on this matter - correct me if I'm wrong ) , But mine is Priceless , nor do I pay to be allied with anyone: My allegiance is to the 3 basic laws= Respect, Honor , and Loyalty ,and those who live by this (this could include RIM ,so-long as they Respect the customer & there wishes , Honor their words of future promises and features, and stay Loyal to them-self's/there words/their products/ there customers/ and Canada.
    Now Back on to THE topic of - "OS 2.0... What was the point??", the point was to Honor their Word of native mail ,contacts , calendar , Android emu. , security improvements, +... , Whats the point of future updates?= Cascades,Browser fixes, security for your PAID apps( back-ups), and what-ever else we bicker about online that gets their attention (like talking about what would make this OS More functional and with a more seamless user experience)
    04-14-12 12:49 PM
    I was referring to calling women d*icks.. But some people liked it anyway.

But you are correct. No one should be name called on a public forum. Man or woman.
    Yea, I get it. That was way out of line.

I hate to waste everyone's time but...

They are both guilty here and neither of them get the moral high ground. We could go back through and see who quoted who or who directed what at whom but that is a waste of everyone's time.

I know you know I didn't like it but I will say this. As far as "likes" are concerned if/when I "like" a post it may just be a part of what they say not all of it. I could quote the entire post removing what I don't like and maybe I should do that, but I do not. Other's have suspect likes and I assume that is because they like parts, not the whole thing. Again, too tiring to try to process it all.
    DAnklaud likes this.
    04-14-12 12:51 PM
    Ah crap, I see electronics as a thing. Does that make me a girl? I don't want cooties and it is a known fact that girls are icky and have cooties. I learned that at a very young age, elementary school actually. Now I have to go and see a doctor to get tested.

Edit:
    Sorry, not helping the situation, but my other 2 posts on this thread were somewhat on topic (well about BlackBerry). I will sit quietly now.
    Last edited by BerryClever; 04-14-12 at 01:00 PM.
    kennyliu likes this.
    04-14-12 12:56 PM
    12 years old ,i changed , i decided i like cooties/coochies Mwa ha ha ha ha ha
    Toodeurep and BerryClever like this.
    04-14-12 01:01 PM
    I was worried that I may go off topic, but I read most of this thread and, well, yeah I don't need to worry.

You know what I like about RIM and most companies that have my "loyalty"? RIM is the underdog. RIM is the company that HAS to innovate, the company that HAS to listen, and the company that HAS to have quality. If they don't, they are gone... bye bye RIM, there will be another tech company that comes in to take your place.

I think RIM is in a good position as an Underdog too. They have the fans that will stick up for them and tell everyone they can how much they love BlackBerry, and they have the customers that tells them "What are you doing?!? You are missing this and that, and this doesn't work smoothly". Without both sides RIM would fail because they either do not have anyone in there corner helping to market the BlackBerry (their Marketing Department NEEDS the help!), or they do not have customers telling them what they need to get fixed/bring in. Companies, I think, are pretty dumb. Once they are large enough there is zero thought process, just looking to get fed (money).

You look at Apple and they were going to be out of business and could not compete with Microsoft. Then they had the iMac (I believe that was the first product to turn it around). They knew they had to innovate, they knew they had to listen, they knew they had to have quality. Left and right they started making great products. Now they are back to the top and their three iPads are almost identical to each other.... and they still charge an arm and a leg for it. They are not the underdog anymore, and they do not have to fight with all their strength anymore, so it is back to sitting back and letting people buy their products, each with a new number at the end and each with 1 or 2 enhancements... every year.

RIM does not have the luxury of Apple, but they have the people yelling how great BlackBerry is, and people "b*tching and moaning" to get them working. On top of that, RIM didn't throw in the towel for PlayBook, they are actually working harder on it.

My "loyalty" goes to the underdog generally, because they may not win, but when they do, consumers benefit from it. It is not blind loyalty, mind you. The company must show that they want to turn things around... and releasing OS 2 and allowing Android apps shows, to me, that they are still willing to support their products, their customers, and try things they would never have done if they were #1. BB10 is another good sign that they are still fighting (and desperate fighters tend to win).

Edit:
    So I personally think BOTH sides are needed.
    I couldn't agree more...
    04-14-12 01:02 PM
    Aha! Another person chiming in with the advice: "Don't buy a PlayBook." Wow. Second time this thread. That I've seen.
    Your replies are making me crack up...LOL
    04-14-12 05:20 PM
    RIM needs to read this and get it in there head for possible playbook 2 and BB10

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Crackberry forums application
    04-14-12 08:53 PM
    i just did a twitter search of playbook 2.1 and theres a few tweets saying

"16 days til playbook 2.1 woohoo"

anyone got any news on this ? i cant find anything but Blackberry World is coming up isnt it ?
    04-15-12 07:59 AM
    You may have signed up to 'brand worship' but many of us purchased tools to fulfil a purpose.

I'd rather be a girl than pledge my allegiance to any company.

Modern advances in medicine and surgical procedures can allow for that.

Anyway, in before the better late then never lock.
    04-15-12 08:05 AM
    why don't you guys take this to the general forum and empty your minds out there.. Who really gives a f8k bout your pledge and allegiance to man animal or machine..

I apologize for any disrespect to any members in here.. but most of your posts in this thread are uncalled for..
    04-16-12 02:17 AM
92 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD