Hi,

I am currently developer preview of OS 2 for my PB (2.0.0.7111). Does anyone know whether I need to downgrade first before I can upgrade to the soon-to-be-released PB 2.0 update? Or can I just 'upgrade' from the developer preview?

Regards,

Alon
    02-16-12 06:28 AM
    I had the 2.0 beta on my 16 gig up until yesterday when I realized video chat didn't work (I use this often enough) Following RIMS instructions I ended up having to reinstall all my apps and lost whatever I had saved on there.

While I don't know for sure if you'll need to down grade, I can't see why it wouldn't be a strait forward upgrade for you.
    araskin likes this.
    02-16-12 06:49 AM
    Best to wipe and upgrade honestly. A lot of bugs might come from doing the update.

Plus for such a big change in OS it's probably best to wipe even from 1.8.

Backup first of course.
    araskin likes this.
    02-16-12 06:57 AM
    If I were the OP, I'd roll back to 1.8 pronto. We already know there will be no steps needed for 1.8 > 2.0.

beta > 2.0 though may be a messy job...
    02-16-12 07:02 AM
    I agree. Its just asking for trouble. I will down grade first...

Thanks everyone for their input.

Alon
    02-16-12 07:05 AM
    just what do u have to do to downgrad.... it sounds like a lot of work
    02-16-12 07:14 AM
    use the debrick method back up your files- shut down the playbook .. connect to pc.. launch bb desktop manager and click upgrade when it asks you and select the 1.8
    02-16-12 07:19 AM
    just what do u have to do to downgrad.... it sounds like a lot of work
    there's already an existing thread concerning a downgrade from beta to 1.0.8xx just search it in the forum... suggested that you do a backup for your existing data/files then do a "secure wipe" from your playbook... true that in some cases you might encountered missing apps... on my case i've done the secure wipe twice and installed a fresh 1.0.8xx os version and everything goes back to normal with all the missing apps... goodluck
    02-16-12 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD