Has there been any indication of any ability to sync to Outlook for Calendar and Contacts? (ideally for Tasks too, but there's another thread on that).

I'm salivating over 2.0, but now the details of day-to-day use are starting to be an issue.

TIA - R.
    01-16-12 12:57 PM
    Seems to me that if OS 2 has the native apps, we should be able to sync directly with PB.

Wondering how that's going to work with syncing to berry AND PB. Will they sychronize simultaneously?
    01-16-12 01:08 PM
    I would assume that an update to the Desktop Manager to support syncing with Outlook would be in the works.
    beemaabeemababy likes this.
    01-16-12 01:23 PM
    I think this had been covered in the video. Seems like it's gonna act "as IMAP", meaning that when you do something (mark as read, delete) on your PB it will be reflected on your -say- PC.
    01-16-12 01:29 PM
    Home users don't use IMAP if their email is through their ISP.

I'd just stick with bridge. Keeping two devices in sync is hard enough, I don't need a third adding to the confusion
    01-16-12 01:45 PM
    I think this had been covered in the video. Seems like it's gonna act "as IMAP", meaning that when you do something (mark as read, delete) on your PB it will be reflected on your -say- PC.
    But what about contacts and Calendar items?

- R.
    01-16-12 02:04 PM
    My expectation is that OS 2.0's native email client (and other PIM functions) will work better than Android App Touchdown (currently runs on OS 2.0 beta). Touchdown currently supports email, calendar, contacts, tasks syncing OTA (activesync to outlook server), so all updates get pushed to my PB.

Also, it PB is getting notifications from Touchdown as well, so all these features are expected (looking forward to it).
    01-16-12 02:13 PM
    My expectation is that OS 2.0's native email client (and other PIM functions) will work better than Android App Touchdown (currently runs on OS 2.0 beta). Touchdown currently supports email, calendar, contacts, tasks syncing OTA (activesync to outlook server), so all updates get pushed to my PB.

Also, it PB is getting notifications from Touchdown as well, so all these features are expected (looking forward to it).
    That would be awesome!
    Where did you find the app, please?
    01-17-12 01:12 AM
    Does anyone know if OS 2.0 will be able to sync Google calendar and contacts? I use it for both business and personal so for me its very important!
    01-17-12 05:56 AM
    That would be awesome!
    Where did you find the app, please?
    This is the link - http://www.filearchivehaven.com/down...d-6.2.0003.bar

from the PB Android BAR list - http://bit.ly/apk2bar
    01-17-12 06:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD