I UPGRADED TO THE 2.0 EARLIER THIS MORNING I HAVE TO SAY THAT I WAS IMPRESSED WITH MOST OF THE UPGRADES MAINLY THE BLACKBERRY BRIDGE. THEY HAVE ALSO ADDED ADDITIONAL FEATURES TO THE SETTINGS I'E. YOU CAN NOW ADD ALL OF YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNTS FACEBOOK AND TWITTER IN ONE PLACE AT THE SAME TIME NO GOING FROM APP TO APP ANYMORE. AND OTHER FEATURES LIKE THE LED GLOW AND NOTIFICATIONS ARE BETTER SMARTER KEYBOARD, AND A PASSWORD HINT. THOSE ARE PRETTY COOL AND FACEBOOK EVEN HAS AN UPDATE FOR THE NEW OS. I DO LIKE THE NEW FUNCTIONALITY OF THE VIDEO CHAT FOR INSTANCE, THE INTEGRATED ADDRESS BOOK. BUT, WHAT DOES THAT MATTER WHEN YOU STILL CANT CHAT WITH ANYONE ON THERE BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE BLACKBERRY. AND THE CAMERA FEATURE IS TURNED ON. AND NOT IN THE OFF MODE UNTIL U TURN IT ON WHICH IS VERY IRRITATING TO ME. YOU CANNOT ACCESS YOUR EXTERNAL CHAT CLIENTS- SKYPE OOVOO LIVE OR YAHOO WHICH TO ME MAKES THIS PARTICULAR FEATURE AS WORTHLESS AS IT WAS BEFORE. EVEN ON MY 9850 BB TORCH. I HAVE INSTANT MESSENGER. WHATS EVEN MORE DISAPPOINTING IS IN THE BBPB APP WORLD THERE IS ONLY ONE APP THAT HAS IM AND IT IS NOT EVEN GREAT AT ALL CALLED IM+ AND IT COSTS TOO MUCH WHEN YOU ADD IN THE FACT THAT YOU STILL CANT VIDEO CHAT, WTF!!!!!!
    02-21-12 11:23 AM
    My eyes hurt from all the CAPS
    02-21-12 11:26 AM
    So many things I already love on the playbook and it's literally been just 5 minutes on it.. I think this update is super amazing!!!!

1. Since I'm typing.. I am literally typing with auto text... This is too good!!! Notice the correct text formatting

2. Major for me.. All applications now work via bridge!! Again amazing!! So my pb is now officially 3g

3. The browser auto detects 3g or wifi.. So a common browser!

4. With number availability in keyboard.. I cn type my password without switching

5. Application minimized are much bigger.. So easier to slide or close..

6. Facebook works really smooth

7. Side bezel movement keeps the application minimized a little longer which is just perfect to use the side bezel to flick through multiple times

This really is next level
    I guess auto correction missed "I cn type my password without switching"
    Only as good as the user...having some fun, no harm intended.
    02-21-12 11:27 AM
    You have to go into the settings of the playbook and add all of your email accounts there, then you can go into the individual apps and it shouldnt keep asking for your password.
    Settings icon* accounts* add new account* email/ password* add
    02-21-12 11:28 AM
    I UPGRADED TO THE 2.0 EARLIER THIS MORNING I HAVE TO SAY THAT I WAS IMPRESSED WITH MOST OF THE UPGRADES MAINLY THE BLACKBERRY BRIDGE. THEY HAVE ALSO ADDED ADDITIONAL FEATURES TO THE SETTINGS I'E. YOU CAN NOW ADD ALL OF YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNTS FACEBOOK AND TWITTER IN ONE PLACE AT THE SAME TIME NO GOING FROM APP TO APP ANYMORE. AND OTHER FEATURES LIKE THE LED GLOW AND NOTIFICATIONS ARE BETTER SMARTER KEYBOARD, AND A PASSWORD HINT. THOSE ARE PRETTY COOL AND FACEBOOK EVEN HAS AN UPDATE FOR THE NEW OS. I DO LIKE THE NEW FUNCTIONALITY OF THE VIDEO CHAT FOR INSTANCE, THE INTEGRATED ADDRESS BOOK. BUT, WHAT DOES THAT MATTER WHEN YOU STILL CANT CHAT WITH ANYONE ON THERE BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE BLACKBERRY. AND THE CAMERA FEATURE IS TURNED ON. AND NOT IN THE OFF MODE UNTIL U TURN IT ON WHICH IS VERY IRRITATING TO ME. YOU CANNOT ACCESS YOUR EXTERNAL CHAT CLIENTS- SKYPE OOVOO LIVE OR YAHOO WHICH TO ME MAKES THIS PARTICULAR FEATURE AS WORTHLESS AS IT WAS BEFORE. EVEN ON MY 9850 BB TORCH. I HAVE INSTANT MESSENGER. WHATS EVEN MORE DISAPPOINTING IS IN THE BBPB APP WORLD THERE IS ONLY ONE APP THAT HAS IM AND IT IS NOT EVEN GREAT AT ALL CALLED IM+ AND IT COSTS TOO MUCH WHEN YOU ADD IN THE FACT THAT YOU STILL CANT VIDEO CHAT, WTF!!!!!!
    Easy there cowboy. I believe there is a third party app that allows cross-platform video chat, although i don't remember the name. As for messaging, usually it's up to the powers that be that manage those services (I.E. Not RIM) to develop an app, this is mostly due to proprietary reasons. One of the main pushes for OS 2.0 is to make the playbook platform much more inviting for those powers that be, so they WANT to make a messaging app or whatnot. Time will tell if it works, but i think it was the best move that RIM could of made with the tablet market the way it is.
    02-21-12 11:30 AM
    nope, no rooting needed. I've already sideloaded the Kindle app onto my new OS 2.0 with no problems.
    Holy crap.... You post reminded me that I had download a kindle bar file ages ago but never did anything with it. Just used ddpb to install it. Well, the second time was the charm. When I first 'installed' it I was charging with the rapid charger and NOT connected. It said INSTALLED. Stupid ddpb did not know there was not cable. I was disappointed. Then realized - USB NEEDED. Loaded, registered and just added my first archive item and am downloading the dictionary.

Thanks for the kick.
    02-21-12 11:34 AM
    I have the same question. Seems like this OS gives with one hand then takes with the other, ie add numbers to the top of keyboard but no way to access these on demand. I'm not bashing or trolling but basic improvements in functionality could have been much better. I don't own a bb phone so bridging etc are a non issue. I really miss the favorites and other folders on the main screen. What's up with that?
    Haven't read the rest of the posts, but to create your folders is easy.

Say you want to create a folder for games, simply hold down any icon on the screen till they pulse.

Pick a game icon and slide it on top of another game icon, from there you will see a top screen for creating a folder. Name it anything you want, I would assume games.

I have sorted my apps into: Games, Reading, Utilities, Social, Media, Business & Travel

What Folders have some of you created?

Also, the Help files you find on the playbook have all been updated for os2, so any problems you have, you will find the solutions in there.
    sighfun likes this.
    02-21-12 11:36 AM
    What? You found Kindle? Where???????!!!!!!! I need to know!
    My Kindle that I had side-loaded before in the OS2 beta Version still worked after the upgrade. I just had to re-enter my username and password.
    02-21-12 11:40 AM
    No problems here. Just couldn't install/update things from App World and then I couldn't log into my BBID. Just wiped the PB and now everything is awesome.
    02-21-12 11:42 AM
    I can take a look at it in a little bit, I'm currently restoring my pb so it's busy right now. Had to debrick mine to get sideloading working, guess i had too much sideloaded crap on there before the upgrade.

BTW, hilarious signature!
    Thank you lol!
    And no problem whenever you get the chance, Ill try to keep my eye on this thread.
    02-21-12 11:43 AM
    Easy there cowboy. I believe there is a third party app that allows cross-platform video chat, although i don't remember the name. As for messaging, usually it's up to the powers that be that manage those services (I.E. Not RIM) to develop an app, this is mostly due to proprietary reasons. One of the main pushes for OS 2.0 is to make the playbook platform much more inviting for those powers that be, so they WANT to make a messaging app or whatnot. Time will tell if it works, but i think it was the best move that RIM could of made with the tablet market the way it is.
    Yep..there is an app called ReelPortal Private Video Chat that allows you to do video chat across platforms..tested it successfully by video chatting between bbpb and ipad2..at all the same time I wish we do get an app for gtalk or other IM with integrated video chat..shouldn't be too difficult for these IM guys..
    02-21-12 11:44 AM
    Holy crap.... You post reminded me that I had download a kindle bar file ages ago but never did anything with it. Just used ddpb to install it. Well, the second time was the charm. When I first 'installed' it I was charging with the rapid charger and NOT connected. It said INSTALLED. Stupid ddpb did not know there was not cable. I was disappointed. Then realized - USB NEEDED. Loaded, registered and just added my first archive item and am downloading the dictionary.

Thanks for the kick.
    No problem, glad i could help a Genius of Geniuses

I bow to you......
    02-21-12 11:44 AM
    Yep..there is an app called ReelPortal Private Video Chat that allows you to do video chat across platforms..tested it successfully by video chatting between bbpb and ipad2..at all the same time I wish we do get an app for gtalk or other IM with integrated video chat..shouldn't be too difficult for these IM guys..
    You're right, it wouldn't be difficult, it's really a question of motivation. Here's hoping OS 2.0 (or the rumored possibilities of 3.0? ) are enough to kick them into gear.
    02-21-12 11:47 AM
    Guys My VideoChat App Simple Dissapear Someone have a Clue What Happened :S
    I noticed this morning that my weather app was gone. But it wasn't.

Before you would just scroll all the way down to the end. Now there is a page 2.

Swipe from right to left on the main screen and page 2 of your apps will show.

I'll bet your video chat is there.
    idiot001 likes this.
    02-21-12 11:48 AM
    you could always call them.
    bbvj likes this.
    02-21-12 11:49 AM
    Wow still no bookmark editing in the stock browser,so glad simplebrowser is out there
    02-21-12 11:50 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just noticed that when I'm updating Modern Combat 2 to the 2.0 version; I am seeing the download status with various sizes. It jumps from 1GB/400MB to 545MB/400MB to 715MB/400MB to 3 GB/400MB to 371MB/400MB.

strange....
    So far, sooooo awesome. UI is clean and snappy. AppWorld looks great, spell check, keyboard, remote control, etc. This is a game changer for me. It's even easier to show off the PB and watch the jealous eyes dart around the screen.
    Just looking for a quick reply... anyone!?!
    I feel the forums are busy enough and I don't wanna start a new thread!
    Where were you typing? in message?
    02-21-12 12:00 PM
    Well...someone as to do this.

J'ai t�l�charg� la mise � jour ce matin, quelques minutes et...voil�! Contrairement � certains tout semble fonctionner.J'adore la nouvelle pr�sentation,la possibilit� de cr�� des fichiers sur la page d'accueil,le courrier int�gr� marche � merveille,tout les fichiers ont pass� le test sans probl�me.

Il est cependant malheureux que cette mise � jour n'ait pas �t� partie int�grante d�s la mise en service de la playbook...l'histoire aura �t� bien diff�rente.En contrepartie,personne n'aurait pu profiter des rabais sur la tablette puisque les stocks n'auraient jamais d�bord�s.

Im i the only one to finally get m'y 802.11n working? No one mentionned it yet.

As for the ones looking for the perfect machine that can do absolutely everything and then some....good luck...life must be tough.

And finally...Kevin...thanks for the awesome work.
    Google translated as such in case anyone is curious:

"I downloaded the update this morning, a few minutes ... and voila! Unlike some fonctionner.J everything seems to adore the new layout, the ability to create files on the home page, mail works perfectly integrated, all files have passed the test without problems.

However, it is unfortunate that this update was not part from the commissioning of the playbook ... the story has been well diff�rente.En return, no one could take advantage of discounts on the shelf since stocks would never overwhelmed."

Nice job with the translate. Google got confused because there are missing spaces between some periods and the start of the next sentence.

fonctionner.J should be translated as... "Unlike some everything seems to function (work). I love (adore) the new..."

well diff�rente.En is "the story would be different (ie the PB would have been a greater success if this was all part of the original PB at launch). On the other hand, no one could..."

At least this is by my poor French language skills!
    02-21-12 12:01 PM
    nope, no rooting needed. I've already sideloaded the Kindle app onto my new OS 2.0 with no problems.
    Do u by any chance have any set of instructions on how to sideload android apps onto pb o's 2.0..? Will be very helpful..
    02-21-12 12:02 PM
    I'm sitting in on the 2.0 Webinar with the BB Trainer for Eastern Canada. If I hear anything interesting I shall add it here.

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk
    02-21-12 12:03 PM
    Loving the new update. Currently typing this off the playbook using the new auto predict keyboard. Is it just me or or is the browser, much better than before? It's way faster for me. Also any other android apps found? I found tapatalk and dolphin but nothing big other than those two.
    02-21-12 12:03 PM
    Does OS2 in any way allow for setting the screen timeout/standby longer than 5 minutes?
    Good question. That was my pet peeve. I have my PB docked all day and the music player keeps disappearing!

I have been unable to successfully download 2.0 yet but hopefuly someone can answer you (us).
    02-21-12 12:11 PM
    Do u by any chance have any set of instructions on how to sideload android apps onto pb o's 2.0..? Will be very helpful..
    Look back a couple of pages in this thread, Xav posted a three step guide with links, very helpful.
    Xavier85 likes this.
    02-21-12 12:11 PM
678 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD