Just created a Folder on OS 2.0, but after deleting the folder I lost my email shortuhts. Any clue on how to get back these shortcuts?
    02-21-12 01:29 PM
    guys After My Update My Native Wallpappers Simple Disspear someone Know How Can I get em Back ?
    02-21-12 01:29 PM
    If I was born yesterday then honestly I would be the world's brightest baby being able to not only use the PlayBook and switch it on, but also be able to know there was a download, be able to read and write and be able to do the update, so I think you could probably answer that question yourself, unless you are the most stupid person on the planet dude.
    Well you are kind of acting like a baby. Temper tantrum much?

As for the android player, it has on more than one occasion been shown off, and until now when the specs of the O/S are now out, is it now said it is hidden.
    It's integrated, not necessarily hidden.

So before going around trying to defend this pathetic excuse for an update,
    This update's capabilities were not any big secret. Pretty much what RIM spelled out that we would get we got. Perhaps you should keep better tabs on the news of updates before you disparage them because they don't live up to your enormous expectations.

that still does not include things that should be there from the start,
    Like what exactly? You are speaking in both generalizations and absolutes.

has ruined other things, and
    Like what exactly?

now makes the PlayBook very laggy even after a full reset and before anyone starts I do know how to do this, even though I am meant to have been born yesterday by someone who still thinks it is cool to call people dude be honest and ask yourself, was this really worth the wait and the hype.
    Me thinks you need to take a deep breath and actually outline your issues. Are you sure your update went well?
    02-21-12 01:41 PM
    ban people for an honest opinion.....wow like a republican party...my banning will be soon to come...
    made my little review of OS 2.0 with initial benchmarking in my Fine Oils blog. You're welcome!
    I was on 2.0 beta, downgraded back to 1.0.8 before installing .7971. First time around I noticed I was missing Video Chat, Facebook, Podcast, YouTube apps. Just did a factory reset and installed .7971 again and still those apps are missing. I dont understand, as it looks like NO ONE else is experiencing this problem, and I know these apps should have been included. Can anyone help me out?
    Last edited by mricantshoot; 02-21-12 at 01:49 PM.
    02-21-12 01:45 PM
    Well you are kind of acting like a baby. Temper tantrum much?

It's integrated, not necessarily hidden.

This update's capabilities were not any big secret. Pretty much what RIM spelled out that we would get we got. Perhaps you should keep better tabs on the news of updates before you disparage them because they don't live up to your enormous expectations.

Like what exactly? You are speaking in both generalizations and absolutes.

Like what exactly?

Me thinks you need to take a deep breath and actually outline your issues. Are you sure your update went well?
    Good effort, but that person got banned.
    ATlove70 likes this.
    02-21-12 01:47 PM
    Loving 2.0 so far! Faster, remote access, keyboard layout for passwords better, lots more to explore still

Where is the best place to submit 2.0 errors for the RIM crew to look at? My buddy no longer works for them (right now) but I still want to help them find them all
    02-21-12 01:47 PM
    Could they be complaining because Android apps is a promised feature that isn't there?
    I remember there was talk about an Android sandbox/environment.
    02-21-12 01:48 PM
    I had to give it up to my RIP BB Tour, it was the best spam stopper in the world! But PB doesn't have a "marked as spam" option.....why???
    02-21-12 01:52 PM
    ban people for an honest opinion.....wow like a republican party...my banning will be soon to come...
    that person wasn't banned for having an opinion, they were banned for repeatedly arguing for the sake of angering others. And i quote:

It doesn't. You're on a privately owned forum, your "freedom of speech" line doesn't work here. However, if you have opinions you are indeed welcome to share them, provided you can do so constructively. But again, please spare us all the freedom of speech line.. it wasn't meant so you can act like a doorknob on a BlackBerry forum.

Personally, I see that you are upset.. that's you're right but you've said your piece and now you are just continuing to argue persistently with other users. If you don't like their replies.. then stop replying yourself and be done with the situation otherwise, you can go pound sand and throw temper tantrums somewhere else.. I dunno, the official BlackBerry forums would be a good start since your issues lay with RIM, not anyone here.
    It's too bad really, they had some good points until anger took over. Would of been interesting to see where an intellectual conversation could of gone. Oh well.
    02-21-12 01:54 PM
    Hey what happen to that cool feature from ces to be able to move thing 2 and from your PlayBook and blackberry phone?
    02-21-12 01:57 PM
    ^^ That would be very cool!!! I've always wanted a program that I can drag a browser tab from my PC desktop to a location on the screen or something and it pops up on Playbook, now thats a feature programmers & RIM!!!! Get on it!!! If I had time and some of my knowledge back I would give it a whirl.
    02-21-12 01:59 PM
    You said it. This is a "Blackberry can put their logo on roadkill and we'll love it" forum. It's amazing how these people are all aglow with email, a calender, and a contact book. Makes you wonder if you're crazy when you look down at your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" orig and say I had what I needed all along....but email does pull up quickly, no spam option, and yes this is just that....The Emperor is naked, we all can see it has no clothes.
    02-21-12 02:01 PM
    IIRC, that feature was a bust during a live presentation and hopefully back at the drawing board and will be released quickly in another OS update.
    Maybe its just me, but I feel that this update was to stay on target and keep us happy, but they may have left a few things out to be released shortly afterwards.

edit:
    The function in question is called "view on playbook" when the PB is bridged with your BB
    While surfing the web, viewing pic and movies, press the BB button and you will see an option to "view on playbook"
    Last edited by SumthinNew; 02-22-12 at 06:11 AM.
    02-21-12 02:05 PM
    I can not explain how much I am enjoying typing this via my Blackberry right now lol .. Tell me you guys won't be fully taking advantage of this when you're posting on the forums haha. Anyways. My only problem at the moment, everytime I hit the BBM bridge icons, it opens.. Starts to load (spinning green circle before contact list shows up), then it just closes.... That's it...

Any thoughts/ideas?

I do have latest bridge (app world icon prompted for upgrade) as well as bbm (version update was slightly up, probably just bug fixes.) I have bridge on/connecte. right Now. I'll be on the PB forums all day
    02-21-12 02:09 PM
    wishing someone gets banned is not cool Snipper...like you would ever.....
    You said it. This is a "Blackberry can put their logo on roadkill and we'll love it" forum. It's amazing how these people are all aglow with email, a calender, and a contact book. Makes you wonder if you're crazy when you look down at your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" orig and say I had what I needed all along....but email does pull up quickly, no spam option, and yes this is just that....The Emperor is naked, we all can see it has no clothes.
    not going to argue this time, but be warned.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...forums-655452/
    I read exactly one EPUB book from my library that was DRM protected. I won't ever do it again! unless there is a reader I don't know about. I used a trial download of a piece of software that removed the DRM so I could move it from my PC to my PlayBook, but I don't want to make a habit of removing DRM. Unless you do that, at least in our library system, you have to use your PC and install Adobe's Digital Editions environment and read it there. Which is no good. I'd rather read a physical book than be stuck at the PC.
    OverMedia for Android runs DRM files. On a cool side note, it also allows you to download from your local and not so local library.

Sideload the bar
    malahide101, fotyc and Xavier85 like this.
    Hey what happen to that cool feature from ces to be able to move thing 2 and from your PlayBook and blackberry phone?
    I'm not quite sure which feature you are speaking about in all truth, but there is a feature where you can play video and show pictures on your PB from your BB that is Bridged. I used it this morning to see how it worked and it had the picture I wanted in Beautiful HD.

If that it isn't the feature, which one were you looking for Specifically?
    02-21-12 02:11 PM
    anyone find a free texting app for the playbook ? Like Text Free or Text Now ??
    02-21-12 02:12 PM
    I can not explain how much I am enjoying typing this via my Blackberry right now lol .. Tell me you guys won't be fully taking advantage of this when you're posting on the forums haha. Anyways. My only problem at the moment, everytime I hit the BBM bridge icons, it opens.. Starts to load (spinning green circle before contact list shows up), then it just closes.... That's it...

Any thoughts/ideas?

I do have latest bridge (app world icon prompted for upgrade) as well as bbm (version update was slightly up, probably just bug fixes.) I have bridge on/connecte. right Now. I'll be on the PB forums all day
    When i first tried to get the bridge update, it was difficult to get it to work, what i ended up doing was deleting bridge off of my 9900 completely and then reinstalling it. I also unpaired and deleted the profile for bridge on my playbook then reconnected them. Give that a try and let us know. Cheers!
    02-21-12 02:13 PM
    Downloaded mine and I think it is awsome. The way Apple and Android IT Tecs. are spending so much time on social media running it down makes me think that they think it awsome also.
    02-21-12 02:14 PM
    Downloaded mine and I think it is awsome. The way Apple and Android IT Tecs. are spending so much time on social media running it down makes me think that they think it awsome also.
    Please elaborate?
    02-21-12 02:15 PM
    well forum people are so touchy thought they are behind a computer screen. I don't see the problem in arguing something out. Thats how things get done. If this forum is anyway shape or form here to help BB then we would cut all the praise crap and get to the next hurdle. Making the Playbook better with the next UPDATE...because that is what this was...
    02-21-12 02:15 PM
678 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD