Listen... We have NO idea when it is, because RIM will not give us an OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE...
    Barljo likes this.
    02-09-12 01:53 PM
    haha soo funny,if it is released feb 30th we may be waiting awile haha,gotta wait for the govt to change feb to have 30 days,it only has 28 and 29 when its a leap year haha
    Well, if you think about it - maybe they, the govern-mint should mandate a change. Really, is it fair for months to have 31 days when one or more of them could contribute a day and be down to a reasonable 30 days and then Feb could have at least 29 days all along or even 30 days. Shorten Jan and Mar and Feb would not be the step-child of months.

As a side effect, Rim would be under less pressure to meet a Feb deadline.
    02-09-12 03:02 PM
    If it's really the 14th it's gonna make for a lot of depressed wives and girlfriends..
    ScoobsDM and anon(3896606) like this.
    02-09-12 03:10 PM
    itll be here in dec 2012
    02-09-12 03:15 PM
    I believe the 14th is the date all the PB's get updated that were purchased with the code IBM. Everyone else has to wait.
    LOLOL! This os the funniest reply to a speculation thread I've seen so far. Imagine that you touch the update button and it asks for a code. You enter IBM and OS 2.0 downloads. But as soon as it is ready to install, the install file deletes itself and you get an email saying that your download was cancelled because of an invalid code.
    02-09-12 03:22 PM
    The end of next week people and who cares if there are multiple threads. These are exciting times and I for one look forward to reading speculative release date threads!! Keep em coming!! Feb 14 desktop manager 7 is released. February 15 bridge is updated. February 16th os2 is released but servers crash and many are left with no update. Feb 17th Rim gives away 50$worth of selected PlayBook apps and gets the servers up and running again. April 1st, os2 is a sensational hit with the masses.... Ebay and Craigslist and swamped with sales of ipads......April fools! :P
    buffandsweet33 and dcsappernh like this.
    02-09-12 03:34 PM
    its got to be one day........well maybe :/
    02-09-12 04:39 PM
    Here is a new speculation due to the new BBdoodle posted by cb kevin, 'counting down the days and minutes' rather than counting down the weeks, one could interpet this to a 2/14 release, or a release within the next 7 days.
    lol
    02-09-12 07:48 PM
    Here is a new speculation due to the new BBdoodle posted by cb kevin, 'counting down the days and minutes' rather than counting down the weeks, one could interpet this to a 2/14 release, or a release within the next 7 days.
    lol
    I doubt the BBdoodle provides any useful information...hopefully they hit 2 weeks from now. They gotta get this out before iPad3 floods the news channel....
    02-09-12 08:03 PM
    I doubt the BBdoodle provides any useful information...hopefully they hit 2 weeks from now. They gotta get this out before iPad3 floods the news channel....
    Well...the sheer fact you mentioned it means its too late.
    02-09-12 10:21 PM
    so we're really gonna keep the OP in the dark? c'mon guys, that's just being petty...sorry to be the one that breaks it to you OP, but they've already released os2..we've been keeping it from you 'cause RIM doesn't like you n told us not to tell you
    buffandsweet33 likes this.
    02-09-12 10:54 PM
    For anyone speculating a release date after February 2012, you are sadly mistaken the release has been officially announced to be in February and was made during CES 2012. See the link to the press release on the RIM site by following this link RIM Previews BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 at CES
    Look towards the bottom of the press release under Availability and you will find
    "Availability
    The BlackBerry� PlayBook OS 2.0 software update will be available as a free download for all BlackBerry PlayBook users and is expected to be available in February 2012.".
    If this doesn't make it plain enough that the official release is due in February I dont know what else to tell you. This should clear up any unnecessary speculation about March release dates from supposed RIM insiders. It is due this month. As to whether or not RIM will find some way, as it has proven itself capable in the past, of failing to meet an announced release date for an OS update only time will tell.

Stop all the random speculation so far as we can tell it will be released this month (February 2012) as per RIM's announcement, lest the company drive itself further into oblivion with yet another delay of an update over a year past due as it stands today. Lets hope sooner rather than later, for RIM's sake at the very least.
    02-10-12 03:18 PM
    I am thinking the actual release date is Feb 30th...if not sooner..be ready...
    ahhhh! last time i checked there were only 28 days in february and once every 4 years there are 29 days in february. sorry to burst ur bubble
    02-10-12 03:31 PM
    Magic 8 Ball says:

'Reply Hazy, Ask Again Later"

followed by:

"You currently have the latest software installed"
    Willard814 and 9of13 like this.
    02-10-12 03:42 PM
    For anyone speculating a release date after February 2012, you are sadly mistaken the release has been officially announced to be in February and was made during CES 2012. See the link to the press release on the RIM site by following this link RIM Previews BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 at CES
    Look towards the bottom of the press release under Availability and you will find
    "Availability
    The BlackBerry� PlayBook OS 2.0 software update will be available as a free download for all BlackBerry PlayBook users and is expected to be available in February 2012.".
    If this doesn't make it plain enough that the official release is due in February I dont know what else to tell you. This should clear up any unnecessary speculation about March release dates from supposed RIM insiders. It is due this month. As to whether or not RIM will find some way, as it has proven itself capable in the past, of failing to meet an announced release date for an OS update only time will tell.

Stop all the random speculation so far as we can tell it will be released this month (February 2012) as per RIM's announcement, lest the company drive itself further into oblivion with yet another delay of an update over a year past due as it stands today. Lets hope sooner rather than later, for RIM's sake at the very least.
    Trust me the release date won't be until May or June! How do I know this you ask, I know because my date of May or June is just as vague as RIM's February date. For all we know they could be talking about February of 2013. My point is that it will come out when it comes out and folks talking about it is getting old. I can do a bunch of stuff with my PB the way it is now. Get it...
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-10-12 03:50 PM
    "Availability

I will not "stop all the speculation" I enjoy it. Furthermore I speculate that you can refrain from clicking on speculative post about possible release dates if it bothers you that much but again that's just speculation and you might not be able to help yourself. If this is the case, I suggest you get in on the fun and lightin up a bit. These are exciting times!
    ericlc2 likes this.
    02-10-12 04:00 PM
    i am thinking the actual release date is feb 30th...if not sooner..be ready...
    outstanding!!!!
    02-10-12 04:05 PM
    I'm now speculating a valentines day release. Due to the rush for apps by 2/6 or 2/7, and if you count the apps that were already submitted. But aside from 3rd party apps which I really can't seem to grasp as being the reason for not releasing OS 2 already. I foresee some kind of cheesy love commercial with the new os. Also, an old classic Twisted Metal is being released for PS3 on the 14th. How great would it be to have both of those on the same day??
    4 days to go! LOL

Edit: I can see i've already speculated a 14th release date above, this is just a speculation to confirm my other speculation!
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-10-12 04:29 PM
    "Availability
    The BlackBerry� PlayBook OS 2.0 software update will be available as a free download for all BlackBerry PlayBook users and is expected to be available in February 2012."

Notice the definitive word EXPECTED highlighted RED
    02-10-12 05:34 PM
    How many sleeps?
    02-10-12 05:43 PM
    It will be this weekend. My proof is that I talked to somebody who works for a section of RIM that has as little as possible to do with the PlayBook who said something in passing that it is possible to interpret as "everyone working at RIM has to be at work this weekend to prepare for the PlayBook lauch" which could easily be interpreted to mean that the launch is on the weekend.

But seriously, it was very nice of RIM to give us the shortest month of the year as a release date instead of one of the 31 day months, but they kind of spoiled that by doing it on a leap year!
    02-10-12 06:22 PM
    I am installing 2.0 as I write this, I plugged my PB in to do back up and it said update available and low and behold I got 2.0.... I will post later when its done
    02-11-12 09:10 AM
    Ok all installed and to be honest I dont see any big change, I dont have it bridged to my phone. I dont see a calender, I dont see any real huge changes or maybe I dont know what to look for
    02-11-12 09:42 AM
    Ok all installed and to be honest I dont see any big change, I dont have it bridged to my phone. I dont see a calender, I dont see any real huge changes or maybe I dont know what to look for
    You're on .7111 which is the Dev Beta which has NO end-user features
    jjsbronco likes this.
    02-11-12 09:47 AM
    Ok, how did I get that and why? obviously I am rather new to this whole playbook world
    02-11-12 09:53 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD